Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter Empty
PostSubject: Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter   Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 12:25 am

Two different approaches to the blues.
Who do you prefer?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter   Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2021 2:53 am

Never really listened to Johnny Winter, so gotta go with Rorry.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter   Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2021 11:59 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Never really listened to Johnny Winter, so gotta go with Rorry.

Johnny mostly played a Gibson Firebird. Which has a tone similar to an an SG, but not as bright. Kind of harsh. Interesting approach to the blues, not as smooth/fluid as Stevie Ray Vaugn, but the style is in the neighborhood/not the same street. If that makes sense.

Rory played a Fender Strat. I like that he did both electric and acoustic. He was very traditional in his acoustic approach and was way more subtle with a slide than Johnny.

I dig both, but Rory for me as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter   Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 12:42 am

I have a really good live best of type album from Rory Gallagher that I love, and a couple cds. I've probably heard a lot of Johnny Winters stuff I'm not even aware of, but I just never got around to exploring his music much. My dad had one of his albums that I listened to when I was younger, and I didn't care for it so I never went back. But I wasn't as open to that kind of music back then as I am now, so I would more likely have a better appreciation for it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter   Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rory Gallagher versus Johnny Winter
Page 1 of 1