Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rory Gallagher

Go down 
+2
manny
SAHB Healer
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Rory Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Rory Gallagher   Rory Gallagher Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Any fans of this near genius ? he passed away 15 years ago this month and at present we have the Rory Gallagher festival going on with 5 days of rockin' and drinking (I can't reemmber if the woman is up here with me or not), headliners are Bernie Mardsen Group (ex Whitesnake) & Wolfpin from Holland, so I've taken a break away from the goings on as the Stella Artois is going through me quicker than and dodgy curry.

For a guy that sold millions upon millions of records Rory is very underrated and you'll rarely hear much about him, once when Jimi Hendrix was being interviewed the interviewer asked Jimi was it was like to be the worlds greatest guitarist, Jimi just replied "you may go ask Rory Gallagher".

For a small potato lovin' country we sure did provide the world with two great musicians in Phil & Rory.

Here's the track Shinkicker for your pleasure if you aren't familiar with Rory's work

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Rory Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher   Rory Gallagher Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks. I've always been a fan since he was in Taste. Favorite album was "Top Priority". I think Ted Mckenna from SAHB and MSG toured with Rory for awhile in the 70's.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Rory Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher   Rory Gallagher Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:46 pm

I did not discover Rory Gallagher unit several years after his death and only because I was reading British rock rags that I had even heard of him.

Very underrated guitarist and a tragic loss

Last edited by manny on Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12613

Rory Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher   Rory Gallagher Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Did somebody say Rory? One of my favorite guitar players

Rory Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher   Rory Gallagher Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 am

Locky wrote:

once when Jimi Hendrix was being interviewed the interviewer asked Jimi was it was like to be the worlds greatest guitarist, Jimi just replied "you may go ask Rory Gallagher".

That kind of story has been debunked many times over....although, on the Dick Cavett Show, Hendrix did mention Billy Gibbons as a great guitarist.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Rory Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher   Rory Gallagher Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:12 am

I only have his 2 disc "Essential" collection, but it's very good and a frequent spinner for me for sure.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Rory Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher   Rory Gallagher Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:19 pm

Hell yeah I love "Irish Tour" awesome blues guitarist!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Rory Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher   Rory Gallagher Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 am

Love him. Definitely one of my favorite guitarists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rory Gallagher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rory Gallagher   Rory Gallagher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rory Gallagher
Page 1 of 1