Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dusty Hill - R.I.P.

Go down 
+13
metalinmyveins
glassprison
manny
brokentulsa
Gilbert
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Required Fields
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

Dusty Hill - R.I.P. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 11:34 pm

Very sad news, indeed. Grew up on ZZ Top and the like...

R.I.P. sir

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 11:36 pm

Heard “2000 Blues” on the radio tonight. Went to YouTube to check out the Recycler album. It’s just like Eliminator. I’m surprised I never got it! That will change soon. I really like the 80’s sound they had. The synthesizer in the rhythm was catchy.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2021 11:44 pm

R.I.P Dusty. Sad week for rock music with Mike, Joey and Dusty passing.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 4:12 pm

According to Dusty’s widow, he didn’t die in his sleep like the original press releases said.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dusty-hills-widow-thanks-fans-for-their-support-following-zz-top-bassists-death/
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 7:26 pm

I always got a kick how ZZ did a Back to the Future movie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 1:08 pm

Since Dusty's passing, I dug out my copy of ZZ Top's Greatest Hits, which I honestly almost forgot I owned. I haven't listened to it in dog years but it's been getting some serious spin time this past week.

Funny, yesterday it was playing in my car while my 14 year old and I were running some errands and the song "Pearl Necklace" comes on. He starts laughing and when I sez "What's so funny" he sez "You know what a 'Pearl Necklace' is, right?" I was like "Yeah, but... how do YOU know what it is? Do I need to check your browser history a little more often?" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dusty Hill - R.I.P.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2