Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dusty Hill - R.I.P.

Go down 
+13
metalinmyveins
glassprison
manny
brokentulsa
Gilbert
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Required Fields
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 3:18 pm

More sad news. What a terrible week.

ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill, who played with the Texas blues rock trio for over 50 years, has died at age 72.

“We are saddened by the news today that our compadre, Dusty Hill, has passed away in his sleep at home in Houston, Texas,” surviving members Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard said in a statement. “We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature, and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the ‘Top’. We will forever be connected to that ‘Blues Shuffle in C.’ You will be missed greatly, amigo.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/zz-top-bassist-dusty-hill-dead-obit-1203694/
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Damn man, what guitarist is next? We've had legendary drummer, singer and bass player all in three days. Guess the afterlife is looking for a new supergroup. Really sad news, I hope this is it for a while.

RIP sir...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 3:59 pm

Geez! Another sad loss…

I guess they do happen in 3’s.

R.I.P. Dusty
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 4:01 pm

I wonder if Billy Gibbons knew Dusty’s health wasn’t good? Because he’s been doing his solo albums in recent years instead of new ZZ.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 4:05 pm

You obviously can’t replace Dusty, but I wonder if ZZ could carry on with Michael Anthony on bass? (for live shows)

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 4:12 pm

This month sucks for rock music!

Jeff LaBar
Mike Howe
Joey Jordison
Dusty Hill

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 5:10 pm

R.I.P. Dusty Hill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 5:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:
This month sucks for rock music!

Jeff LaBar
Mike Howe
Joey Jordison
Dusty Hill

R.I.P.

It really does!!

R.I.P. Thank you Dusty for the great music!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 5:34 pm

Those Eliminator-era videos are iconic.
R.I.P. sir.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 5:40 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Man, this has been a bad month.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 7:51 pm

What an awful month.

R.I.P sir.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 pm

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/zz-top-will-carry-on-following-bassist-dusty-hills-death/

If this is true, they should get Michael Anthony!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 9:50 pm

They should get Tommy Shannon.. He was Stevie Ray Vaughan’s  bass player and Johnny Winters bassist. He would fit perfect..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 2:46 am

brokentulsa wrote:
They should get Tommy Shannon.. He was Stevie Ray Vaughan’s  bass player and Johnny Winters bassist. He would fit perfect..

Can he sing background vocals? Michael Anthony is famous for it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 2:46 am

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 6:09 am

They performed without Dusty Hill when the tour kicked off, due to Hill having a health issue and cancelled another performance recently. I think its like The Who, when John Entwistle died, the band continued with the tour, because not only does it cost them money to cancel the tour, but also the roadies, etc will have no work, so I am sure why they will honor the concert dates but that is speculation not a fact since I do not have any inside information on ZZ Top's organization.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 1:16 pm

manny wrote:
They performed without Dusty Hill when the tour kicked off, due to Hill having a health issue and cancelled another performance recently. I think its like The Who, when John Entwistle died, the band continued with the tour, because not only does it cost them money to cancel the tour, but also the roadies, etc will have no work, so I am sure why they will honor the concert dates but that is speculation not a fact since I do not have any inside information on ZZ Top's organization.

Billy Gibbons has already said they will continue per Dusty's wishes. The implication seems to be that not only will they finish the current tour dates, but will also be active going forward:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/zz-top-will-carry-on-following-bassist-dusty-hills-death/

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 8:49 pm

This one was tough, especially after the past couple of days. I was shaking my head yesterday. I was in total disbelief.

R.I.P. Dusty
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 1:36 am

I don't own any ZZ Top albums in my collection yet.

My local record shop carries most of their catalogue. I should purchase a couple of their albums on my next visit.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 5:00 am

Gilbert wrote:

My local record shop carries most of their catalogue. I should purchase a couple of their albums on my next visit.

I like Tres Hombres, Fandango and Eliminator. Actually, everything up to Eliminator is great!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 7:12 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I like Tres Hombres, Fandango and Eliminator. Actually, everything up to Eliminator is great!

Will check those out then!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 9:08 am

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 pm

brokentulsa wrote:

Tommy doesn't sing and he is 75.

Awesome player, dig his work with Winter way more than Stevie.

(IMHDO) ZZ album should call it a day.

RIP Dusty

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 4:39 pm

(Per Dusty’s request) they are using their 30 year guitar tech “Elwood Francis”. I have no idea if he can sing…

I still think Michael Anthony would be interesting with his vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dusty Hill - R.I.P.   Dusty Hill - R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dusty Hill - R.I.P.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next