Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rose Hill Drive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Rose Hill Drive Empty
PostSubject: Rose Hill Drive   Rose Hill Drive Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:52 am

Any fans of this band?

Last year at some point I was reading fan reviews of some album; one review listed a bunch of other cool rock bands that deserve to be checked out. Rose Hill Drive was one of those bands. I actually discovered about six new bands from that one sentence in that review—pretty damn cool.

Anyway, this is another group of young dudes kickin' it old school. I actually only own the self-titled release (found it for $2), but the Newbury Comics near me has their full-length. Iit's just $15.99, which sucks. Haha. Maybe I'll buy it tomorrow now that I'm discussing the band.

The EP has four excellent tunes, two tracks from the full-length, one exclusive track, and another rockin' live tune. I listen to the EP all the time. It's awesome! So check 'em out:

http://www.myspace.com/rosehilldrive
http://www.rosehilldrive.com (really cool site)

🤘
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Rose Hill Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Hill Drive   Rose Hill Drive Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:07 am

You keep coming up with them, don't you. I actually discovered these guys through the top friends of the Answer on myspace. American hard blues rock n' roll doesn't get much better than this at the moment.
Back to top Go down

Rose Hill Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Hill Drive   Rose Hill Drive Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:19 am

rattpoison wrote:
You keep coming up with them, don't you. I actually discovered these guys through the top friends of the Answer on myspace. American hard blues rock n' roll doesn't get much better than this at the moment.
Haha. There's tons of bands I could discuss. I brought the EP to work with me today, so I gave them a post. Wait until I move and get all my CDs on shelves again! I'll have a lot to talk about. Right now 90% of my collection is in boxes.

Great band, though. I might splurge tomorrow and buy the full-length, but only if one of the new releases from the following isn't in: Ill Nino (that's right, damn you!), Zimmer's Hole and Pride Tiger (check them out: http://www.myspace.com/pridetiger).

I'm not entirely sold on Pride Tiger yet, though. They're sometimes like Diamond Nights, a band I sometimes absolutely love, while other times I can't get into them at all. But the CD should be cheap, at least—$9.99 or less.

And since I brought them up:

You may dig 'em.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Rose Hill Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Hill Drive   Rose Hill Drive Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:37 am

Move all those CDs? fainting
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

Rose Hill Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Hill Drive   Rose Hill Drive Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:50 pm

The 1st I heard of R.H.D. was when I found a boot of them playing Band of Gypsys from a New Years Eve show. recreated/Played the whole show, Very cool! 12:10 version of "Machine Gun" awesome................
Back to top Go down

Rose Hill Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Hill Drive   Rose Hill Drive Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Yeah, they seem to like covers. I hear they do "Fairies Wear Boots," too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rose Hill Drive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rose Hill Drive   Rose Hill Drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rose Hill Drive
Page 1 of 1