Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A hill to die upon-Omens

Go down 
+3
Wargod
Troublezone
metalhead777
7 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

A hill to die upon-Omens Empty
PostSubject: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:22 pm

well,previews from the next album are up. sounds sick to me headbanger

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:29 pm

I got their first album last year and it's great! They are the only black metal influenced band i actually like. The new one sounds good, but it's strange they chose Rex "whitecross" Carroll to record it.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Nope not my thing, I love alot of metal but this ain't one of them, sorry!

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:44 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Nope not my thing, I love alot of metal but this ain't one of them, sorry!

Wargod52

I'm not really one for the whole Blackened death metal scene myself really. while I think the riffs are good the vocals on this release are getting waaaaay too close to sounding like nergel from behemoth for my taste, a band I tried to like but just couldn't.

they (like nearly every other blackened death metal band) came off as generic death metal with a mild black metal tinge.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Quote :
while I think the riffs are good the vocals on this release are getting waaaaay too close to sounding like nergel from behemoth for my taste, a band I tried to like but just couldn't.

Unfortunately most Christian bands are not original and are basically just an alternative to a secular band.

Vengeance Rising were the only Christian metal band (I can think of) that pioneered a new concept back when they came out. (Bluesy Thrash)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Unfortunately most Christian bands are not original and are basically just an alternative to a secular band.

Vengeance Rising were the only Christian metal band (I can think of) that pioneered a new concept back when they came out. (Bluesy Thrash)

I get so tired of hearing this statement. Rolling Eyes

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh, and I'll pass on the band with a sentence for a name.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:15 am

ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Don't get me wrong... I like plenty of Christian bands. But give me a decent list of examples to prove me wrong. VR had the bluesy thrash and Believer had the orchestra stuff but other than that what?

Carcass was doing the medical terminology lyrics long before TQT and even before that they did a King Diamond style. Then there's: Barren Cross/Iron Maiden, Whitecross/Ratt, Saint/Judas Priest, David Benson/Ozzy etc... I mean these singers go out of their way to sound like other bands!

Bottom line... there's no reason to get mad about it. Some Christian metal is great! (even better than a lot of secular) just not very original.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Don't get me wrong... I like plenty of Christian bands. But give me a decent list of examples to prove me wrong. VR had the bluesy thrash and Believer had the orchestra stuff but other than that what?

Carcass was doing the medical terminology lyrics long before TQT and even before that they did a King Diamond style. Then there's: Barren Cross/Iron Maiden, Whitecross/Ratt, Saint/Judas Priest, David Benson/Ozzy etc... I mean these singers go out of their way to sound like other bands!

Bottom line... there's no reason to get mad about it. Some Christian metal is great! (even better than a lot of secular) just not very original.

these may not be the greatest examples but Their earlier stuff was much more black metal than death metal, which is fairly unique the the genre (considering most are just technical death metal with some black metal elements here and there)

also, Sympathy's arcane path was pretty unique for blackened death metal, although its hard to put your finger on the thing that makes it unique...

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:53 pm

When is this cd coming out?
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:28 pm

nevermore wrote:

Not sure on the date. should be in 2-3 months or so though. maybe sooner.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:30 pm

I like these guys quite a bit and I have pre-ordered the new album Omens from Divine Metal Distro.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:33 pm

I loved the last one but I will wait til this gets to Mardel, where I got the last one from.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:15 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Not sure on the date. should be in 2-3 months or so though. maybe sooner.

I thought their last album was good. So. I'm looking forward to the new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A hill to die upon-Omens   A hill to die upon-Omens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A hill to die upon-Omens
Page 1 of 1