Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Open Letter to all Forum Members

Go down 
+18
mikeinfla
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Eyesore
exact33
Glower
James B.
manny
nevermore
brokentulsa
Troublezone
mc666
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 8:05 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
We need a new album my Iron Maiden. It's about time.

I wish they would ease back on the bloated prog and return to the straight forward songs.

True.

Yeah, and I enjoyed it on Matter Of Life And Death but wish they would go back to shorter heavier songs.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 9:04 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I wish they would ease back on the bloated prog and return to the straight forward songs.

True.

Yeah, and I enjoyed it on Matter Of Life And Death but wish they would go back to shorter heavier songs.  

Was spinning Futureal in the car today. That's the kind of songs we need. Short, fast, heavy and memorable.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 12:02 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

True.

They’ve done the bloated proggy stuff for the past few albums. It should be out of their system by now. I know they will always have the 5-7 minute songs... but they could also mix in some (quick to the point) rockers too. Like: The Wicker Man and The Trooper.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Gilbert wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

True.

Was spinning Futureal in the car today. That's the kind of songs we need. Short, fast, heavy and memorable.

Not a big Blaze fan, but I get your point.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 11:18 pm

Troublezone wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

True.

They’ve done the bloated proggy stuff for the past few albums. It should be out of their system by now. I know they will always have the 5-7 minute songs... but they could also mix in some (quick to the point) rockers too. Like: The Wicker Man and The Trooper.

Yeah I’m ready for songs in the vein of Wasted Years, Run to the Hills, stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 11:48 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

True.

Yeah I’m ready for songs in the vein of Wasted Years, Run to the Hills, stuff like that.

Exactly! Wasted Years! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 11:56 pm

And maybe they could ease up on the history lesson songs. I mean, we've got Sabaton for that now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 12:15 am

Hadley wrote:
And maybe they could ease up on the history lesson songs. I mean, we've got Sabaton for that now.

Nothing wrong with history songs... after all, Maiden did it long before most other bands. But I think they should “tighten up” the song arrangements.

I don’t follow Sabaton, so I can’t comment on them. But I really doubt they do it better than Maiden did. Iced Earth would probably be second.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 9:37 am

I believe Saxon did "actual" history songs regularity and even before Maiden. "747
Strangers In The Night"" (1980), "Dallas 1 pm" (1980), and "Princess of the Night" (1981) all predate Maiden with "Run To The Hills" in 82, I don't recall if the song "Iron Maiden" (1980) is about the torture device or an allegory of a woman torturing?

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 4:03 pm

Does this mean i can't call everybody wankers anymore?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 4:24 pm

James B. wrote:
I believe Saxon did "actual" history songs regularity and even before Maiden. "747
Strangers In The Night"" (1980), "Dallas 1 pm" (1980), and "Princess of the Night" (1981) all predate Maiden with "Run To The Hills" in 82, I don't recall if the song "Iron Maiden" (1980) is about the torture device or an allegory of a woman torturing?

I’m not surprised if Saxon had the history songs first. I just said Maiden did it before “most” other bands, not all. It’s pretty close though... like when people debate who started thrash, Metallica or Exodus? The chicken or the egg? Lol

Like you suggested, I think the song Iron Maiden is probably an allegory based on the actual torture device.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 10:55 pm

Now that I think about it, would Judas Priest's The Ripper from 1976 (about Jack the Ripper) be the first historical metal song?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 12:03 am

Hadley wrote:
Now that I think about it, would Judas Priest's The Ripper from 1976 (about Jack the Ripper) be the first historical metal song?

Was Sabbath’s Iron Man based on a true story?
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 7:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Hadley wrote:

Well, considering that involves someone traveling through time and going through a magnetic field which turns him into steel, I think we can pretty much say no to that.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Hadley wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Hadley wrote:

Well, considering that involves someone traveling through time and going through a magnetic field which turns him into steel, I think we can pretty much say no to that.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 7:19 pm

I really cannot say which is better, Priest or Maiden, but I can say that Priest's Painkiller saved my life.

Because before that I was listening German based Europop-bands like Bad Boys Blue and Modern Talking.. If you don´t know them, use a litte YouTube and dive into my shame.

Painkillers opening with those famous fierce drums and... Halford.. that voice, literally opened my eyes to the other world and there hasn´t been going back. I burned my stupid Europop cassettes in a pale moonlight and felt the touch of metal. Soon enter Slayer, Sepultura... and the list is long.

So, Priest will have their place in my dark heart forever.

And it was a little later I got Maiden's Powerslave on vinyl and I have that album somewhere in my dungeons still.. totally in a unlistanable condition, but I have. I think I want make it a wall clock at some point. I just need to find fitting clock-machine to it.

Last edited by Devin's Child on Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.miikamanninen.net
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 7:20 pm

Hadley wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Hadley wrote:

I don’t know... that “ancient aliens” show would say we’ve had visitors like that for thousands of years. lol!

Seriously though... I guess I never paid attention to the actual lyrics. Because I thought it was based on a medieval punishment device. It was never one of my favorite songs, I just know the famous riff and music. Geezer must of been smoking some strong shit back in the day. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 7:29 pm

Devin's Child wrote:
I really cannot say which is better, Priest or Maiden, but I can say that Priest's Painkiller saved my life.

Because before that I was listening German based Europop-bands like Bad Boys Blue and Modern Talking.. If you don´t know them, use a litte YouTube and dive into my shame.

Painkillers opening with those famous fierce drums and... Halford.. that voice, literally opened my eyes to the other world and there hasn´t been going back. I burned my stupid Europop cassettes in a pale moonlight and felt the touch of metal. Soon enter Slayer, Sepultura... and the list is long.

James B. disagrees...  just kidding Razz
Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 7:35 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Devin's Child wrote:

He still listens Bad Boys Blue and Modern Talking????!!

Oh my... an intervention is needed.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Devin's Child wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Devin's Child wrote:

He still listens Bad Boys Blue and Modern Talking????!!

Oh my... an intervention is needed.

Laughing very hard

Not exactly... Laughing very hard

He doesn’t care for the Painkiller album.
Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Blasphemy!!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 8:24 pm

Devin's Child wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Blasphemy!!

Laughing very hard

True
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 12:58 pm

Maiden by quite a bit for me although I appreciate a lot of what Priest has done.

I do agree that Maiden's last few albums have been largely boring with long repetative songs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 7:00 pm

Give me Maiden, despite their rather bloated latter day outputs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Give me Maiden, despite their rather bloated latter day outputs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Open Letter to all Forum Members   An Open Letter to all Forum Members - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Open Letter to all Forum Members
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next