Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums panned by fans, but you love

Go down 
+16
brokentulsa
Thrasher73
Lurideath
Glower
Required Fields
Leatherface
manny
Eyesore
Troublezone
Gilbert
nevermore
James B.
Fat Freddy
Lari
FoJ
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 10:50 am

Gilbert wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
There’s a few,

Forbidden-Green, Distortion

Ooh. Yeah, those are good one. Both fantastic albums. Surprised that Distortion gets a lot of hate, to be honest, as it's closer to the classic stuff. As for Green, I get why people were put off by that one, but it's still excellent even if different. Killer drum work on it, too.

These two are still missing from my collection. Need to get'em.

I've never heard Green but Distortion is fantastic. I saw Green in a used shop and passed on it, thinking I'd get it next time. Of course, next time came and it was gone.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 11:28 am

Gilbert wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
There’s a few,

Forbidden-Green, Distortion

Ooh. Yeah, those are good one. Both fantastic albums. Surprised that Distortion gets a lot of hate, to be honest, as it's closer to the classic stuff. As for Green, I get why people were put off by that one, but it's still excellent even if different. Killer drum work on it, too.

These two are still missing from my collection. Need to get'em.

There are shades of the old Forbidden on Green, but it's got a fairly modern sound. Distortion, though, while not straight thrash and also different from the classic stuff, is just a kick-ass heavy metal album.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Quote :
I was listening and enjoying Scorpions' "Savage Amusement" the other day, and it got me to thinking. That album is widely panned by fans of the band, but I think it is awesome. I loved the polished and huge sound on that album. To this day, I don't understand the criticism of the album. Anyway, it got me wondering how many of us like an album by a band that is widely rejected by the band's fanbase, but that you really love.

Savage Amusement is my favorite scorpions album headbanger

Some I really like that get panned alot..
Holy Soldier promise man..
Y&T ten and contagious...
Krokus change of Address...
Saxon   Innocense is no excuse
Judas Priest  Turbo
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2020 10:11 pm

Would L.A Guns' Renegades fit here?

Lots of people i know hate this album and I did read various bad reviews about it. But it's an excellent release, with some amazing tracks.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 7:05 am

Y & T's Ten got lots of hate from fans and critics, but I never got that because to me it is a really solid album
Back to top Go down
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Good call on Holy Soldier’s Promise Man! That’s another example.

Judas Priest’s “Turbo” is a great example, too, but not for me. I’m with the masses on that one. I hated it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 1:05 pm

FoJ wrote:

Judas Priest’s “Turbo” is a great example, too, but not for me. I’m with the masses on that one. I hated it.

I enjoy Turbo. Its not exactly a JPl album but its enjoyable.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Since someone already said Forbidden's Green, I'll add these...

Demolition Hammer - Time Bomb
Biohazard - Kill Or Be Killed
Devourment - Conceived in Sewage
Metallica - St Anger
Doro - Machine II Machine
Fear Factory - Transgression
Grave - Soulless
Sepultura - Against
Fear Of God - Toxic Voodoo
LA  Guns - American Hardcore

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2020 10:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
FoJ wrote:

I enjoy Turbo. Its not exactly a JPl album but its enjoyable.

I enjoy Turbo as well headbanger.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 3:24 pm

manny wrote:
Y & T's Ten got lots of hate from fans and critics, but I never got that because to me it is a really solid album

I think part of it is due to the fact that the band booted out Leonard Haze. Prettied up their image and had those Bon Jovi like choruses. Like they were going the hair metal route instead of the harder rocking material like on Earthshaker, Black Tiger and Meanstreak.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2020 5:23 pm

Queensryche ~ Hear in the Now Frontier
Back to top Go down
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2020 9:16 pm

mc666 wrote:
Metallica - St Anger

Wow! I think you’re the first person I’ve ever heard that liked that one!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2020 11:32 pm

FoJ wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Metallica - St Anger

Wow! I think you’re the first person I’ve ever heard that liked that one!

I still pull out St Anger from time to time, for a fresh spin. So far, it's still not clicking.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2020 11:39 pm

Iron Maiden: No Prayer For The Dying and Fear Of The Dark.

Criticized by many, but still rank among the band's best.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Iced Earth - the Crucible of Man

Some people claim it's boring. I have no complaints. I love it. It's awesome. Heavy, hooky songs. Better than either of the Ripper Earth albums, and better than the Horror Show.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 12:40 am

Gilbert wrote:

I like both those albums. They were my introductions to the band. Especially No Prayer. I like the less “connect the dots” approach on that one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 2:28 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I like both those albums. They were my introductions to the band. Especially No Prayer. I like the less “connect the dots” approach on that one.

FOTD was the album that got me introduced to the band. Along with Powerslave, it ranks among by top 20 albums ever.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 5:36 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

FOTD was the album that got me introduced to the band. Along with Powerslave, it ranks among by top 20 albums ever.

Before those albums, I had only heard a few songs on the radio and MTV like: Run to the Hills and Can I Play with Madness?.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 6:14 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Before those albums, I had only heard a few songs on the radio and MTV like: Run to the Hills and Can I Play with Madness?.

Be quick or be dead was the song that got me instantly hooked. It is my all time favorite Maiden track and is so underrated.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 6:40 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Fear of the Dark was also my first Maiden album. I now rank it 12th in their catalogue. No Prayer is 15th, only ahead of Virtual XI.

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Be quick or be dead was the song that got me instantly hooked. It is my all time favorite Maiden track and is so underrated.

I agree it's a great song. One of their best for sure.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2020 7:28 am

I wish they make another song that ferocious and intense.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Duran Duran-Seven and the Ragged Tiger
Hall & Oates-Big Bam Boom
Breakfast Club-Breakfast Club (1987) (not the movie soundtrack)
The Doors-Waiting for the Sun
The Cardigans-Gran Turismo
Token Entry-Jaybird
Bobby Brown-Don't be Cruel
Black Oak Arkansas-s/t
Monster Magnet-Superjudge
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats-Mind Control

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 10:12 pm

John Madden wrote:
Duran Duran-Seven and the Ragged Tiger
Hall & Oates-Big Bam Boom
Breakfast Club-Breakfast Club (1987) (not the movie soundtrack)
The Doors-Waiting for the Sun
The Cardigans-Gran Turismo
Token Entry-Jaybird
Bobby Brown-Don't be Cruel
Black Oak Arkansas-s/t
Monster Magnet-Superjudge
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats-Mind Control

Big Bam Boom was panned by fans? That was the first cassette I ever had.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 10:29 am

Iron Maiden's X Factor seems to have a cult following nowadays but most fans still hate Virtual XI.

I'm the other way around, I like Virtual but still don't care for Factor at all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Hadley likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 11:54 am

Virtual is very good imo. Futureal is a monster of a track and one of Maiden's top speed metal songs:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums panned by fans, but you love   Albums panned by fans, but you love - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums panned by fans, but you love
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next