Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOM reflection/appreciation post

Go down 
+11
Thrasher73
nevermore
Glower
manny
Gilbert
James B.
Troublezone
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Fat Freddy
Stender
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

HOM reflection/appreciation post Empty
PostSubject: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 2:47 pm

I logged in this week for the first time in a hot minute and noticed the date at which I became a member. I joined my first online forum, this one, at 17..13 years later I am 30 years old and still here. A lot has changed around these parts, I've seen people come and go, online feuds, technology change how we listen to and collect music, board members take their interest in metal to new levels with radio shows, record labels, youtube channels, and blogs, even the platform that hosts this forum has transcended to the world of social media with its own version on facebook. I have changed during the course of this myself as well, growing up fairly sheltered this page, as well as NLTM and the old heavens metal page opened a whole world up to me that defined many aspects of my teen life for many years, that being the punk and metal culture. At this point I was living in fairly isolated part of the world so trading music here presented me options of hearing music I probably would have never had the ability to trade or purchase otherwise. In addition, experiencing the pre social media era of connecting with many of you by physical mail and email as well as attending shows together truly had a magical effect on me.

I'm trying to keep this from diminishing into a long rant, but I just wanted to thank all of the longtime members here that tolerated my weird early 2000s christian metal phase here posting endlessly about Vengeance Rising and constantly getting banned from the Christian metal realm, taking forever to mail Compilation swap packages, and subversive activities at Up from the ashes or Cornerstone etc.

Big Shout outs to Uncle Sax, Spectrefate, Fat Freddy, Trog, and others but especially Ultmetal and Kmorg for allowing a simple interest of theirs to develop into such an element of my identity in music and life in general. Here's to this forum having at least another 13 years left in her cheers

Fat Freddy, Lari and Glower like this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 3:28 pm

Welcome back Stendah. Nice to see you round these parts again.

Oh, and thanks for making me feel old as dirt. Laughing very hard

So hey, did you ever grow out of that Vengeance Rising phase? They do really kind of suck y'know. (haha)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 4:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Welcome back Stendah. Nice to see you round these parts again.

Oh, and thanks for making me feel old as dirt. Laughing very hard

So hey, did you ever grow out of that Vengeance Rising phase? They do really kind of suck y'know. (haha)

I think I grew out of the fanaticism I had for them, now it's maybe more like a guilty pleasure. Honestly that's probably the case with 100% of Christian music for me lol

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 9:13 pm

You Suck! [call me, eh?]
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 9:17 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
You Suck!  [call me, eh?]

Feel I need to explain the above. Stendy is my true to life little brother. He has taught me much. I miss him more than 99.9% of any other human I have even met in my 52 years on this shitball with all of you. Chris Stender desires more than he will ever get. You all have more than you deserve [but ya keep asking for more, right TroubleJamesB?]
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 5:58 am

Welcome back Stender!

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 7:20 am

Nice to hear from ya Chris, too bad we missed the connect for UFTA II way back when.
It was kewl watching you go from rail hopper to forest fire fighter, it memory serves me correctly.

Take care and hope things are all good in the Stendie-Hood

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 7:36 am

Good to have you back.

There are lots of great guys who no longer post here. Rene (Krokus), Wargod, Sentinel, and of course Scott and Kmorg.

Stender likes this post

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 8:22 am

Its great to see you back here and thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:36 am

I wish I was 30 - with the money I now have 😛🔥
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 10:15 am

Glower wrote:
I wish I was 30 - with the money I now have 😛🔥

What would you do? Make it rain 💵
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 12:42 pm

First Stenda, now an Uncle Sax sighting. It's beginning to look like one of those Hallmark Christmas reunion movies around here.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Stender likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 12:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
First Stenda, now an Uncle Sax sighting. It's beginning to look like one of those Hallmark Christmas reunion movies around here.

Razz Razz Razz.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 7:15 pm

What’s up Stendy? We sure have a long history together from these boards. I remember you being so young and admiring your maturity and love for the music. It always gave me hope for the next generation! Haha! Now you’re getting old lol!

Stender likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 8:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Razz

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 8:35 pm

It makes you wonder what happened to some of the other members from the early days...

Anyone follow those guys that no longer hangout at our HoM pub? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:03 pm

Quote :
It makes you wonder what happened to some of the other members from the early days..

I still see Kmorg on Facebook now and again, he's taken his Metal Metropolis site down and has changed his focus to collecting trashy movies, which I can totally support. Very Happy

Scott/Ultmetal has got his NoLifeTilMetalRecords label going full speed ahead.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 10:01 pm

I still follow Scott and Rene (aka Krokus on HoM) on their YouTube channels.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 11:44 pm

I still keep in touch with Scott, Kmorg, Shiney, Deatcult and a few others on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 12:03 am

I know where to find Scott/ultmetal.

What kind of “trashy” movies is kmorg collecting? Whore or horror (say that fast five times) Razz
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 3:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
It's beginning to look like one of those Hallmark Christmas reunion movies around here.

The one where the Uncle falls off the wagon or the one where the Uncle is sober enough to type?

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 5:53 am

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 6:35 am

James B. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
It's beginning to look like one of those Hallmark Christmas reunion movies around here.

The one where the Uncle falls off the wagon or the one where the Uncle is sober enough to type?

The one with the uncle whose mind we live in... rent free.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 am

Kmorg had an amazing website. Too bad it went down. Did he simply lose interest in metal???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOM reflection/appreciation post   HOM reflection/appreciation post Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOM reflection/appreciation post
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next