Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Butterfly appreciation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Iron Butterfly appreciation Empty
PostSubject: Iron Butterfly appreciation   Iron Butterfly appreciation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:35 pm

Butterfly are a favorite of mine, and I consider them one of the first metal bands. Anybody else like them beyond 'in-a-gadda-da-vida'?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Iron Butterfly appreciation   Iron Butterfly appreciation Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:31 am

I like Iron Butterfly. I only have "In-a-gadda-da-vida" and "Light and Heavy: The Best of..." I also have a weird vhs tape called In-a-gadda-da-vida and it has three videos on it for the title track and live renditions of Easy Rider and Butterfly Bleu. Light and Heavy though is fantastic, Soilder in Our Town, Easy Rider and Stone Believer are just some of my favs off of that disc. Great band I would love to explore them more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Butterfly appreciation   Iron Butterfly appreciation Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:36 am

The only song I truly can connect with is In-a-gadda-da-vida. :king:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Butterfly appreciation   Iron Butterfly appreciation Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:24 pm

That was the song that got me into them, but they really do have a lot of great stuff.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Iron Butterfly appreciation   Iron Butterfly appreciation Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:56 pm

They released songs other than In a gadda da vida? lol!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Iron Butterfly appreciation   Iron Butterfly appreciation Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:44 pm

They could be a little cute, but when they played Doors type stuff (but heavier) they were great. Light & Heavy is a good sample. The two mid 70's albums are horrible though,with Eric trying to sing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Butterfly appreciation   Iron Butterfly appreciation Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:18 pm

I loved the 70's albums. I agree Eric wasn't a good replacement for Doug Ingle, but I think both Scorching Beauty and Sun and steel were extremely underrated albums.

Also, I heard that they're gonna put out a new one pretty soon. 30 years in the making, so I expect it to be good. very happy
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Iron Butterfly appreciation   Iron Butterfly appreciation Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:45 pm

I really tried with those, but Eric can't sing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Butterfly appreciation   Iron Butterfly appreciation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Butterfly appreciation
Page 1 of 1