Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What band would you like to see make a comeback?

Go down 
+8
Lari
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
James B.
Gilbert
Lurideath
Troublezone
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What band would you like to see make a comeback?   What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 11:59 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I wouldn’t mind another S.O.D. album and tour. Unfortunately, Scott Ian has become a huge snowflake. The only way they would be accepted today is if every song catered to the current BLM narrative.

In actuality, it's Billy Milano, who is a raging racist. Apparently Billy thinks it's cool to be antisemitic, especially when referring to past band mates.  

I had seen Milano on stage with Scott Ian twice and Billy made some lighthearted jokes about Scott’s Jewishness, but Scott didn’t seem to mind. At least back then he didn’t. Now he’s a snowflake that gets upset easily. Don’t you think Milano has been made fun of for his weight problem? He had to learn to deal with it using his brand of humor. And he’s also known to be a tough guy who can fight. I think when it comes down to it, he’s just misunderstood like Phil Anselmo. He runs his mouth and likes to “test” people.

When it comes down to it, I think Billy and Scott just having personal problems with each other... because Danny Lilker is Jewish and I’ve never heard Billy say anything about him.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What band would you like to see make a comeback?   What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 12:21 pm

Troublezone wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I wouldn’t mind another S.O.D. album and tour. Unfortunately, Scott Ian has become a huge snowflake. The only way they would be accepted today is if every song catered to the current BLM narrative.

In actuality, it's Billy Milano, who is a raging racist. Apparently Billy thinks it's cool to be antisemitic, especially when referring to past band mates.  

I had seen Milano on stage with Scott Ian twice and Billy made some lighthearted jokes about Scott’s Jewishness, but Scott didn’t seem to mind. At least back then he didn’t. Now he’s a snowflake that gets upset easily. Don’t you think Milano has been made fun of for his weight problem? He had to learn to deal with it using his brand of humor. And he’s also known to be a tough guy who can fight. I think when it comes down to it, he’s just misunderstood like Phil Anselmo. He runs his mouth and likes to “test” people.

When it comes down to it, I think Billy and Scott just having personal problems with each other... because Danny Lilker is Jewish and I’ve never heard Billy say anything about him.

No, I'm not talking about that stuff. Nobody cares about that stuff. Everyone could use some thicker skin these days. I'm talking about stuff that Billy Milano was stating on Blabbermouth/Facebook, which got him kicked off a few years ago. He was using every antisemitic rant he could use in his arsenal. Then when people took him to task, he started firing off on everyone else on the site.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What band would you like to see make a comeback?   What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 3:02 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No, I'm not talking about that stuff. Nobody cares about that stuff. Everyone could use some thicker skin these days. I'm talking about stuff that Billy Milano was stating on Blabbermouth/Facebook, which got him kicked off a few years ago. He was using every antisemitic rant he could use in his arsenal. Then when people took him to task, he started firing off on everyone else on the site.

I remember him being on there a few years back, but I wasn’t aware of what he said. Anyways... he probably had a midlife meltdown. It happens to a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What band would you like to see make a comeback?   What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 3:04 pm

Vinnie Vincent Invasion, mostly because I just want to see what Vinnie actually sounds like these days. He didn't play any solos when he performed with Four By Fate before the KISS Kruise in 2018.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What band would you like to see make a comeback?   What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 3:07 pm

I would also love to see Jimmy Page and Robert Plant reunite for one last tour together. I would rather hear their reinterpretations of Zeppelin classics these days than the improbably Zeppelin reunion. Recently I've been listening to a bunch of bootlegs from the 90s tours they did.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: What band would you like to see make a comeback?   What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 10:48 pm

I'd really like to see Wrathchild America reunite.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What band would you like to see make a comeback?   What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 11:54 pm

nevermore wrote:
I'd really like to see Wrathchild America reunite.

Either that or their other band Souls At Zero.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What band would you like to see make a comeback?   What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 8:46 am

I'd like to see Aerosmith make one last great album before they trail off into the sunset. There would have to be a few conditions applied however.

1. NO OUTSIDE WRITERS. All 5 members sit in a room and jam. Steven & Joe do the bulk of the heavy lifting. If the original guys can't make 40-50 minutes worth of decent tunes, forget it. It's over.

2. NO BALLADS. It's not 1987 anymore. Radio and MTV as we knew it doesn't exist anymore. Don't write for airplay. You're not going platinum. Write for yourselves and the fans will dig it. Pure, sleazy, funky, rock n' roll. And don't try an pull off another "country crossover" hit either. F that!

3. NO JOE PERRY VOCALS. I love ya Joe, but save your "singing" for your solo albums. Steven is perfectly fine doing vocals on 8 or 9 tunes.

4. JACK DOUGLAS PRODUCES. No Bob Rock, no Rick Rubin, no rap/pop "flavor of the month" producers. Use a guy with a proven track record for pulling the best out of the band.

I don't see any of this happening unfortunately, but if we're talking fantasy, that's my wish list.

PostSubject: Re: What band would you like to see make a comeback?   What band would you like to see make a comeback? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What band would you like to see make a comeback?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: