Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)

Go down 
+9
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Glower
mikeinfla
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
the sentinel
Sword Of The Heretic
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Empty
PostSubject: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 6:02 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2020/may/07/brian-howe-hard-rock-singer-who-fronted-bad-company-dies-aged-66
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Yeah, I saw that on another site earlier. Too bad. He was pretty young. RIP, sir.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 11:16 pm

I saw this today. Very sad. I enjoyed the Bad Co. years with him in the band quite a bit!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 11:44 pm

Sad news. I will spin some Bad Company today.

RIP Sir.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 5:25 am

I enjoy all eras of Bad Co. I saw them 5 or 6 times in concert with Brian. The first was on the "Dangerous Age" tour. I think Vixen was the opening band. My brother and I went to that show. I saw them 2 times on the Holy Water tour and a couple of times on the "Here Comes Trouble Tour". The last show I went to I had backstage passes and really wanted to meet Simon Kirke and Mick Ralphs but I ended up staying in my seat because the girl I was with did not want to go backstage. No way was I leaving her in the crowd by herself. Now that I look back on it I should've ditched her and went backstage.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 5:33 am

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 6:24 am

Sad news. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 11:31 am

I found it amusing that Paul Rodgers felt the need to let fans know it wasn't him.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bad-company-singer-paul-rodgers-im-happy-to-say-that-im-very-much-alive/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 9:01 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 10:26 pm

I did like that version of Bad Company, thou when I am in the mood for Bad Company I reach for the classic Paul Rodgers era. I saw Bad Company with Brian Howe around the time of 'Dangerous Age', and it was a great concert.

This version of the band was very successful but it hardly acknowledged but the band or even their fans.

Great vocalist.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 10:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I found it amusing that Paul Rodgers felt the need to let fans know it wasn't him.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bad-company-singer-paul-rodgers-im-happy-to-say-that-im-very-much-alive/

I know there was no love lost between the 2 but I thought this was kinda shitty on Paul's part. He just dropped a notch in my book.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 1:15 am

I’ve heard the song Holy Water on the radio before and it’s great. I had no idea who it was until now...

R.I.P.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat May 09, 2020 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 12:07 pm

I will admit that I only have the first 3 Brian Howe era Bad Co. albums, and not the next couple (or the Live offering), but what I have is pretty bland and generic. Other than "No Smoke" and "Holy Water" it's not very memorable.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 1:38 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I will admit that I only have the first 3 Brian Howe era Bad Co. albums, and not the next couple (or the Live offering), but what I have is pretty bland and generic. Other than "No Smoke" and "Holy Water" it's not very memorable.

All I know is that the song Holy Water is great! I love the melody and groove.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 3:29 pm

the sentinel wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I know there was no love lost between the 2 but I thought this was kinda shitty on Paul's part. He just dropped a notch in my book.

I agree.

The only time I saw Bad Company was with Brian. Great show!! R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 8:52 pm

Great voice! Saw him with Bad Co. A couple times. Really impressed.

He should have got the Foriener gig after Lou ended up sick.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 11:27 pm

assault_attack wrote:
Great voice!  Saw him with Bad Co. A couple times. Really impressed.

He should have got the Foriener gig after Lou ended up sick.

R.I.P.

I agree! Foreigner would have been the perfect gig for him.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 6:20 am

I read where Paul pulled his video due to irate fans. Simon Kirke finally released a statement as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)   RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Brian Howe (Bad Company)
Page 1 of 1