Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sodom: the early years poll

Go down 
+10
ghost
Required Fields
brontotex
Invader
Fat Freddy
kmorg
krokus
ultmetal
mc666
outofstep
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Sodom
In the Sign of Evil EP
Sodom: the early years poll Vote_lcap0%Sodom: the early years poll Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Obessed by Cruelty
Sodom: the early years poll Vote_lcap7%Sodom: the early years poll Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Persecution Mania
Sodom: the early years poll Vote_lcap19%Sodom: the early years poll Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Agent Orange
Sodom: the early years poll Vote_lcap63%Sodom: the early years poll Vote_rcap
 63% [ 17 ]
Better Off Dead
Sodom: the early years poll Vote_lcap4%Sodom: the early years poll Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Tapping the Vein
Sodom: the early years poll Vote_lcap7%Sodom: the early years poll Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage

Sodom: the early years poll Empty
PostSubject: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:33 pm

Sodom released a string of incredible thrash albums in the mid 80s through the early 90s. This is the kind of thrash I really get into. I listen to all of these albums on a very consistent basis. I was cranking "Tapping the Vein" today in fact. It seems I could never get tired of these early albums.

Out of these first 6, which is your favorite?

By the way, I know they released a few demos before "In the Sign of Evil", but I'm starting with the EP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:35 pm

I love them all - but IMO "Agent Orange" is their best work to date.

1. Agent Orange
2. Tapping the Vein
3. Better Off Dead
4. Persecution Mania
5. In the Sign of Evil EP
6. Obsessed by Cruelty (though I still like this one, it just sounds weak compared to the other ones).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:03 am

Another vote for "Agent Orange"! Cool! Who voted?
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:20 am

I voted agent orange as well. ALL the early stuff is killer, but Ausgebombt is my favorite sodom song, and since it's on agent orange, I voted for that.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:35 am

i love ALL of those albums, but give me Obsessed By Cruelty since it was the first i owned by them.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:54 am

Agent Orange. 🤘

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:16 am

I would say PERSECUTION MANIA. I am going to see SODOM live with TANKARD this saturday in Valencia city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:06 pm

krokus wrote:
I would say PERSECUTION MANIA. I am going to see SODOM live with TANKARD this saturday in Valencia city.

🤘 🤘 🤘

NICE! I've never seen them live, but they are one of my favorite bands!!!

Let us know how it is!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:14 pm

Agent Orange

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:18 pm

kmorg wrote:
Agent Orange

Sodom: the early years poll F88f41eeSodom: the early years poll F88f41eeSodom: the early years poll F88f41ee
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:19 pm

Looks like I'm the only vote for "Tapping the Vein"

"DIE WACHTURM!" 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 1:22 pm

Dude, "Tapping the Vein" is easily my second favorite Sodom album! If it weren't for the masterpiece that "Agent Orange" is - I'd have easily voted for it!!!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 2:43 pm

blackieboy wrote:
krokus wrote:

🤘 🤘 🤘

NICE! I've never seen them live, but they are one of my favorite bands!!!

Let us know how it is!

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS, i will post a little review on sunday if i can:D. HAIL TO YOU BROTHER.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 4:36 pm

Persecution Mania or Agent Orange, I can't choose which one is better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:46 pm

I'm actually surprised to see "Agent Orange" winning. That was always my favorite, but I wasn't aware that most consider it so highly too! Kudos!

🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:53 pm

Actually, Code Red and M-16 are my favorites, but those weren't an option in this poll.

ult

brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 6:54 pm

Better Off Dead

"The Saw Is The Law!!!"
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:04 pm

krokus wrote:

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 12:29 am

who else picked Obsessed?

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 4:31 am

Required Fields wrote:
krokus wrote:

Have fun!

Thanks, i had a lot of fun. Beside SODOM, also TANKARD and OBSCURE, one of the best early spanish death metal band played, in front of around 800 die hard metal fans.
I was a little drunk but some of the best moments of the concert was with SODOM early and primative metal songs like OUTBREAK OF EVIL, the increible BLASPHEMER(they sounded like a old black metal band on this one), SODOMY AND LUST.....
They also played an increible AGENT ORANGE, AUSGEBOMBT, REMEMBER THE FALLEN, ERWACHET, THE SAW IS THE LAW and many more. One and a half hour concert that was totaly neck breaking thrash metal old school.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 6:08 am

Agent Orange
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:43 am

Agent Orange for me!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:10 pm

Agent Orange
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 3:00 pm

krokus wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
krokus wrote:

Have fun!

Thanks, i had a lot of fun. Beside SODOM, also TANKARD and OBSCURE, one of the best early spanish death metal band played, in front of around 800 die hard metal fans.
I was a little drunk but some of the best moments of the concert was with SODOM early and primative metal songs like OUTBREAK OF EVIL, the increible BLASPHEMER(they sounded like a old black metal band on this one), SODOMY AND LUST.....
They also played an increible AGENT ORANGE, AUSGEBOMBT, REMEMBER THE FALLEN, ERWACHET, THE SAW IS THE LAW and many more. One and a half hour concert that was totaly neck breaking thrash metal old school.

🤘

Sounds like a KILLER show! I'm not real familiar with Tankard or the other band, but Sodom is my favorite thrash metal band ever! Tied with Kreator.

That's awesome they played "Remember the Fallen". That's my favorite song by them!

🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Yes BLACKIEBOY, REMEMBER THE FALLEN was a great moment in the show. I love that song too. Of the very early songs, BLASPHEMER is my fave.
SODOM is one of my all time favorite thrash metal band too. KREATOR, DESTRUCTION(without schmier), OVERKILL(I HEAR BLACK), or METALLICA all made pussy albums and lost their thrash roots but SODOM never left their roots behind and kept on thrashing and thats what i realy respect.
HAIL TO YOU BROTHER.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sodom: the early years poll   Sodom: the early years poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sodom: the early years poll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next