Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years

Go down 
+7
Wargod
exact33
ultmetal
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Empty
PostSubject: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 11:57 am

GRAVE DIGGER REVEAL DETAILS FOR UPCOMING ALBUM EXHUMATION - THE EARLY YEARS

GRAVE DIGGER Reveal Details For Upcoming Album Exhumation - The Early Years
After three decades of making heavy metal history, Grave Digger is still one of the very best German metal bands enjoying a leading role, when it comes to classic heavy metal. Today the band has unveiled heavy details of their upcoming album for their 35 years anniversary: title, artwork, tracklisting, release date.

Back to the 80s and back to their roots! That’s what the  Exhumation - The Early Years is going to be with re-recordings of their absolute classics with a dynamic and powerful sound of 2015. Set to be released worldwide on October 23rd.

Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Gravediggeralbum

Exhumation - The Early Years tracklisting:

“Headbanging Man”
“Fire In Your Eyes”
“Witch Hunter”
“Shoot Her Down”
“Stand Up And Rock”
“Heavy Metal Breakdown”
“Enola Gay - Drop The Bomb”
“Get Away”
“We Wanna Rock You”
“Playing Fools”
“Here I Stand”
“Tyrant”
“Paradise”
“My Private Morning Hell” (Bonus Track)
“Young And Dangerous” (Bonus Track)

Catch Grave Digger  live on the road when supporting German power metal giants Blind Guardia on an extensive US-tour this fall and some very special birthday shows in Germany.

http://bravewords.com/news/grave-digger-reveal-details-for-upcoming-album-exhumation-the-early-years
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Well, if nothing else I'll be interested to hear what Headbanging Man and Witch Hunter will sound like in horrible, digital, over-compressed 2015 production as opposed to the $5 "recorded in a barn" sound of Heavy Metal Breakdown.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:11 pm

The $5 "recorded in a barn" vibe was the best part of those early G.D. records!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Oh I know, I was just poking fun, I used to have Heavy Metal Breakdown and Witch Hunter in my LP collection in the 80s (the entire collection was stolen in the early 90s, a lot of which I never got around to replacing).

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Meh, I'll pass on this one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 11:52 am

This is a must buy. Especially that I am short on some of the band's early catalogue.
Cover art is awesome, as usual.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
Well, if nothing else I'll be interested to hear what Headbanging Man and Witch Hunter will sound like in horrible, digital, over-compressed 2015 production as opposed to the $5 "recorded in a barn" sound of Heavy Metal Breakdown.  

lol!

The thing is, back in 97 or so they had already re-recorded several of these classics with that line-up. Heavy Metal Breakdown, Headbanging Man and Witch Hunter were all re-recorded and released on an EP.

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:

The thing is, back in 97 or so they had already re-recorded several of these classics with that line-up. Heavy Metal Breakdown, Headbanging Man and Witch Hunter were all re-recorded and released on an EP.

Laughing very hard

That's hilarious, so these are re-re-recordings.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:30 pm

S.D. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Laughing very hard

That's hilarious, so these are re-re-recordings.  

I guess, unless they just re-release the re-recordings. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years 647664
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 3:22 pm

i am a huge GD fan but I think they are better off leaving the old stuff alone and playing live.

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Look forward to this.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 9:22 pm

ugh another re-recording? Im sorry but most of the time they cant do the songs justice from the originals. I love Grave Digger and i'll have to get this and I really hope its good but I wish they just did a new album.

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 12:33 am

I think it'll be cool to here.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 9:00 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
ugh another re-recording? Im sorry but most of the time they cant do the songs justice from the originals. I love Grave Digger and i'll have to get this and I really hope its good but I wish they just did a new album.

i agree. They have done re-recordings for EPs and such but I think new material is the best, especially since the last couple of albums were really enjoyable.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 9:50 pm

They are embarking on their first actual tour of the United States this fall.  It makes sense to issue a compilation prior to that to have for sale at the shows.  The original masters for their early material were all on a defunct German label - Noise Records.  I believe Noise was acquired by Sanctuary and then Sanctuary went belly up and their catalog passed to Universal.  So far, Universal has shown no interest in reissuing Grave Digger's back catalog.  

I own all of their early albums already - on Japanese imports no less - but most people don't.  I think this makes sense for them to do from a business perspective.  Their last album was only issued last July so they are still touring on it.  It's way too early to issue a new album so this release slots in nicely.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:31 pm

Yah, I'll totally pick it up when I see them. Should be awesome to finally see them live.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 12:41 am

Witchfinder wrote:
They are embarking on their first actual tour of the United States this fall.

I was always amazed that they had never ever played even one gig in the US their whole career. I guess better late than never.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:09 am

GrandNational wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I was always amazed that they had never ever played even one gig in the US their whole career. I guess better late than never.

Well, they've actually played one gig here back in 2008 in New York, but they've never had a proper tour.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 am

" Witch Hunter " is a great CD to listen to - in the dark -
on a winter night - maybe candles -
I have to say - that cover artwork - is PERFECT for this endevour of theres -
still rocking on the road - damn -
but I wanted to say SAXON - they did a cd like this -
the rerecording of Dallas 1pm and Denim and Leather SUCKED - original - way better
I love Clancy Brothers - and they rerecorded their songs on one cd - 24 -
sucked !! And they sang em all them same day  - magic - deflated out -
I know someone had this for a topic -
but who knows with Grave Digger - after decades of blasting these tunes out -
maybe they'll be wild and powerful and captured wonderfully.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Well, they've actually played one gig here back in 2008 in New York, but they've never had a proper tour.

Yea that was the show. I wanted to go but I had something else going on at the time. A friend of mine went and said the place was pretty empty so i cant see them doing any better this time around.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Yea that was the show. I wanted to go but I had something else going on at the time. A friend of mine went and said the place was pretty empty so i cant see them doing any better this time around.

They'll be playing in Anaheim with Blind Guardian on Nov 21. I'm sure they'll have a nice crowd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 9:54 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
They are embarking on their first actual tour of the United States this fall.  It makes sense to issue a compilation prior to that to have for sale at the shows.  The original masters for their early material were all on a defunct German label - Noise Records.  I believe Noise was acquired by Sanctuary and then Sanctuary went belly up and their catalog passed to Universal.  So far, Universal has shown no interest in reissuing Grave Digger's back catalog.  

I own all of their early albums already - on Japanese imports no less - but most people don't.  I think this makes sense for them to do from a business perspective.  Their last album was only issued last July so they are still touring on it.  It's way too early to issue a new album so this release slots in nicely.
Brazil's Dynamo Records reissued the first three Grave Digger albums in recent years, and cost next to nothing to acquire. Good quality for a South American label.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Here's a video from the new album:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 2:38 pm

I wonder what they would have sounded like with a different singer? Ripper owens for example.

sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years   Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grave Digger - Exhumation - The Early Years
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next