Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surprising poll

Go down 
+23
arachnoplasma
krokus
manny
jettafiend
akeldama
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
chewie
325ad
tohostudios
mc666
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
ultmetal
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
Nico
Troublezone
Spiner202
exact33
Wurthless
kmorg
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:25 am

http://www.guitarworld.com/poll-what-was-best-guitar-album-1984

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:38 am

Wow, that's a really diverse list. Judas Priest and Iron Maiden losing to Stryper, though?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 am

yeah - i dont see that.

Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 am

I like a lot of those albums, but to me it's a no content with Malmsteen winning. I love that Manowar is on a guitar world poll though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:52 am

Spiner202 wrote:
I like a lot of those albums, but to me it's a no content with Malmsteen winning. I love that Manowar is on a guitar world poll though.

and Grave Digger!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:11 am

Stryper are no slouches on guitar but I don't know if I would vote them in at #1.

I voted Ride The Lightning.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:51 am

Voted for W.A.S.P.'s debut, although it is pretty much tied with Armored Saint's debut for me. Judas Priest's Defenders of the Faith is up there for me as well. However, my favorite album from 1984 is Exciter's Violence and Force. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:00 am

Interesting mix. There's a lot of stuff on that list that I love, but I voted for Loudness' DISILLUSION just for gits and shiggles. Akira Takasaki was ON FIRE back then.

Stryper's massive lead over everyone else is puzzling. Who knows, maybe the Stryper guys sent out this link on their Twitter feed or something and told everyone "vote for us!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:06 am

POWERSLAVE! headbanger

Stryper at no. 1 is a puzzler. Not that the guitar work on that album isn't cool...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:09 am

Shouldn't JETHRO TULL win?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 am

ultmetal wrote:
Shouldn't JETHRO TULL win?

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:45 pm

There is some very impressive guitar playing on ALL the Stryper albums...saying they're "no slouch" is an understatement...both Michael and Oz are top notch guitar players...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:47 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
POWERSLAVE! headbanger

Stryper at no. 1 is a puzzler. Not that the guitar work on that album isn't cool...

Same I voted for headbanger

Stryper is No 1 because they have been pushing on their facebook page and asking everyone to go vote for Stryper in the poll and it appears they have succeded!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:51 pm

I am going to risk lynching and say that if you sat Michael Sweet down beside KK Downing, Glen Tipton, Dave Murray & Adrian Smith (and take legend out of the equation), that Sweet would leave them in the dust on sheer technical ability alone.

Sweet is a product of the Van Halen generation and, even though he's obviously influenced by all those guys, his generation went in a much more technical direction.

The only one on my above list that could come close to matching him would be Tipton (you can hear on Painkiller that he was moving way past Downing into the sweeps and shredding).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:50 pm

I went with Maiden, my favorite guitar solos come from Maiden and some of the best are on Powerslave.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:56 pm

something tells me this poll has already been posted at that christian forum you guys all go to already. Very Happy

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Actually, someone posted over there that this poll was there and people there were surprised and many disagree as well. Seems Malmsteen is the popular choice there too.

The King
exact33

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Actually, someone posted over there that this poll was there and people there were surprised and many disagree as well. Seems Malmsteen is the popular choice there too.

which surprises me to no end given the popularity of Maiden.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
There is some very impressive guitar playing on ALL the Stryper albums...saying they're "no slouch" is an understatement...both Michael and Oz are top notch guitar players...

I intended "no slouch" as a compliment. Don't read to much into it. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:20 pm

I voted Slide It In.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I voted Slide It In.

John Sykes is a great player.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I voted Slide It In.

John Sykes is a great player.

I agree and I think the songwriting on that album really allows Sykes to shine without becoming a prima donna like others in this poll.
Back to top Go down

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm not even going to venture into the meaningless "technical vs" arguments.

Stevie Ray Vaughan and King Crimson for me.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Normally Ted Nugent would have been an easy choice for me, but Penetrator was a weak album for 'ol Uncle Ted.

prima donnas? Stryper & The Scorpions are leading the poll. How are they prima donnas?

Administrator
ultmetal

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:21 pm

Oh, I voted for Anthrax. "Fistful of Metal" is a vastly underrated album IMO. However there are at least a dozen I easily could have voted for.

Surprising poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising poll   Surprising poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprising poll
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next