Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rage - The Early Years Box Set

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Rage - The Early Years Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 10:48 am

I just found out about this, and it's out today!

Rage - The Early Years Box Set 1000x1000

Get yours now, if you don't own those hard to find early Rage (& Avenger) albums! I saw Amazon.de only had 15 copies left when I ordered mine. I made sure to order before posting here, LOL

I didn't have any of these on CD, but now I'm a proud owner of the entire Rage studio catalogue. Or will be, as soon as it's delivered, at least.

The set contains 6 CDs, with lots of unreleased bonus material on top of the original 3 studio albums. One of the bonuses is the original mix of Execution Guaranteed that wasn't used back then.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am

Cool, good stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 11:06 am

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd-boxset/rage-the-early-years-6cd-box-.html

"It was in the year 1985, when the foundation was laid for the career of a band which is, over 30 years later, as active as on the very first day. Certainly, the talk is of RAGE that have started out as AVENGER, before the band name was changed. Now the first three albums of the Metal Legend from Herne, Germany, are being re-released on three double CDs in a box set, including bonus CDs containing numerous demo versions that also include previously unreleased songs. A real MUST HAVE for all RAGE-Heads!"

Track list
1. AVENGER – Prayers Of Steel (2 CDs)
2. RAGE – Reign Of Fear (2 CDs)
3. RAGE – Execution Guaranteed (2 CDs)

I can't find a proper track list.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 11:08 am

Nevermind, here:

https://www.facebook.com/RageOfficialBand/posts/1392330880813606

Click here for spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 am

I guess i will not get this one, since i own both reign of fear and execution garanteed. As for avenger, i believe most of the songs are included in the soundchaser archives which i own. I need to check if all the songs are on this compilation.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 12:15 pm

The Soundchaser Archives has like 1 or 2 Avenger demos, but that's it.

But yeah, if you own two out of three, it might not be worth it.

But GOOD NEWS FOR YOU: They will release each double disc separately later this year, and also vinyl versions!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 1:27 pm

Lari wrote:
The Soundchaser Archives has like 1 or 2 Avenger demos, but that's it.

But yeah, if you own two out of three, it might not be worth it.

But GOOD NEWS FOR YOU: They will release each double disc separately later this year, and also vinyl versions!

Excellent news headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 3:26 pm

https://www.facebook.com/RageOfficialBand/posts/1399370773442950

RAGE/AVENGER sign a Vinyl deal with PURE STEEL RECORDS

Hell! Yeah!! We have just signed at Pure Steel Records for the rerelease of our early material under the band names AVENGER and RAGE!

The vinyl versions will be released as limited editions including tons of bonus material.
What we have in mind to release will be:
AVENGER „Depraved To Black“ und „Prayers Of Steel“, RAGE “Reign Of Fear”, “Execution Guaranteed”, “Perfect Man”, “Invisible Horizons”, “Secrets In A Weird World”, “Reflections Of a Shadow”, “Extended Power”, “Trapped!”, “Beyond The Wall”, “The Missing Link”, “Refuge”, “10 Years In Rage: The Anniversary Album”, “Unity”, “Soundchaser” and “From The Cradle To The Stage”.

Of course we will start from very beginning of our career: AVENGER! Both albums "Prayers of Steel" (as double album!) and the EP “Depraved to black" (as single LP) you will get in a high-end edition. Finally, there will be an AVENGER-box including all AVENGER material!

Check out the Pure Steel Records website for more information!

Rage - The Early Years Box Set 19945653_6072980655000_1704591452274688000_n
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:30 pm

i'll be for sure getting this. i don't own any Rage albums. so this is a no brain-er.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 11:36 pm

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
i'll be for sure getting this. i don't own any Rage albums. so this is a no brain-er.

No rage albums in your collection? Rage - The Early Years Box Set 37951
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 7:42 pm

Gilbert wrote:
HeavyThrashhead wrote:

lol! . well. now i do. ordered the Box Set last Thursday and arrived today. glad to finally have a copy of the Avenger album and of course own Reign of Fear and Execution Guaranteed. killer box set though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 am

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
HeavyThrashhead wrote:

lol! . well. now i do. ordered the Box Set last Thursday and arrived today. glad to finally have a copy of the Avenger album and of course own Reign of Fear and Execution Guaranteed. killer box set though.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 9:34 am

Are you planning on getting more?

The new one is out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Lari wrote:
Are you planning on getting more?

The new one is out tomorrow.

probably. been playing the crap out of Reign of Fear and Execution Guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 11:21 pm

Soundchaser, unity and 21 are among the best of their recent releases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage - The Early Years Box Set   Rage - The Early Years Box Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage - The Early Years Box Set
Page 1 of 1