Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fans of Early Def Leppard

Go down 
+9
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Witchfinder
tohostudios
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
glassprison
13 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Fans of Early Def Leppard Empty
PostSubject: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 6:54 pm

This new box set might be of interest. I'm most excited about an official release of the live/BBC material, but it will also be nice to have the full spate of studio recordings on one release.

Fans of Early Def Leppard DefLeppard_EarlyYears_final-500x500

CD1:
01 – Rock Brigade
02 – Hello America
03 – Sorrow Is A Woman
04 – It Could Be You
05 – Satellite
06 – When The Walls Came Tumbling Down
07 – Wasted
08 – Rocks Off
09 – It Don’t Matter
10 – Answer To The Master
11 – Overture

CD2:
01 – Let It Go
02 – Another Hit And Run
03 – High ‘N’ Dry (Saturday Night)
04 – Bringin’ On The Heartbreak
05 – Switch 625
06 – You Got Me Runnin’
07 – Lady Strange
08 – On Through The Night
09 – Mirror Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
10 – No No No

CD3:
01 – When The Walls Came Tumbling Down (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
02 – It Could Be You (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
03 – Rock Brigade (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
04 – Satellite (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
05 – Medicine Man (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
06 – Answer To The Master (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
07 – When The Rain Falls
08 – Sorrow Is A Woman (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
09 – Good Morning Freedom (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
10 – It Don’t Matter (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
11 – Overture
12 – Lady Strange (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
13 – Getcha Rocks Off (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
14 – Hello America (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
15 – Wasted (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)
16 – Ride Into The Sun (Live At The New Theatre Oxford, UK 1979)

CD4:
01 – Ride Into The Sun
02 – Getcha Rocks Off
03 – The Overture
04 – Wasted
05 – Hello America
06 – Rock Brigade
07 – Glad I’m Alive
08 – Good Morning Freedom
09 – Let It Go (Single Edit)
10 – Switch 625 (Single Edit)
11 – Bringin’ On The Heartbreak (Single Edit)
12 – Me And My Wine
13 – Bringin’ On The Heartbreak (1984 Remix)
14 – Me And My Wine (1984 Remix)

CD5:
01 – Glad I’m Alive (BBC Andy Peebles Session)
02 – Sorrow Is A Woman (BBC Andy Peebles Session)
03 – Wasted (BBC Andy Peebles Session)
04 – Answer To The Master (BBC Andy Peebles Session)
05 – Satellite (Live On The BBC Radio One Friday Rock Show)
06 – Rock Brigade (Live On The BBC Radio One Friday Rock Show)
07 – Wasted (Live On The BBC Radio One Friday Rock Show)
08 – Good Morning Freedom (Live On The BBC Radio One Friday Rock Show)
09 – Satellite When The Walls Came Tumbling Down (Live At The Reading Festival, UK 1980)
10 – Medicine Man (Live At The Reading Festival, UK 1980)
11 – Overture (Live At The Reading Festival, UK 1980)
12 – Lady Strange (Live At The Reading Festival, UK 1980)
13 – Getcha Rocks Off (Live At The Reading Festival, UK 1980)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Is that "ring wear' on the front cover part of the art/design? That's pretty cool.

I already own the first two DL's on CD but some of that bonus stuff looks pretty sweet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:19 pm

I think this is a killer release and one I have been looking forward to for a while. However, the price tag is too steep at $80+ tax. I find that if I wait a year or two on sets like these, I get them for half the original MSRP. I already have both albums on CD, vinyl, and cassette. And a boot from this era.
I wish they had done 2 disc deluxe editions like they did for Pyro through Adrenalize and asked $25 each, They would probably sell more. I am passing on this one for now.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:20 pm

I'm pretty sure it's part of the design.

And yes, I know there's not that much "new" here, but for those who dig these years and lost interest with Hysteria, it's a cool package to celebrate that era of the band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Are these "remixed/remastered" versions?

I'd probably pick it up if they are but otherwise probably not.  I have the first three albums and I'm not a big fan of live tracks so the live stuff doesn't do much for me.  The additional studio tracks might be interesting but depending on the price I'm not going to pick this set up just for that. 

Unless they're remastered or remixed the original studio tracks.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 pm

The live stuff interests me little, but the rest of it would worth getting. I'm sure not spending $80 forit, especially the way the economy is heading right now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:28 pm

007 wrote:
The live stuff interests me little, but the rest of it would worth getting. I'm sure not spending $80 forit, especially the way the economy is heading right now.

Yeah there's that too.

Bottom line is even if these tracks have been "redone" I'm still not touching $80.  But I'll keep my eyes on the set the next few months.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:32 pm

I own this.

Yes, the ring wear is part of the design.

Yes, these are all remastered tracks.

For me, CDs 4 and 5 are the gems of this set, but it's all good. There's also a nice hardback book in the set with a band history during this time period, loads of pictures and a discussion of the songs. This is well worth it if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 7:33 pm

I love early Def Leppard. I wish they stayed that way longer... but after they lost Steve Clark, the formula changed.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 8:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I love early Def Leppard. I wish they stayed that way longer... but after they lost Steve Clark, the formula changed.

I agree with that; early Def Leppard is great.  Then they became an over-produced pop-metal band IMO.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Is that "ring wear' on the front cover part of the art/design? That's pretty cool.

I already own the first two DL's on CD but some of that bonus stuff looks pretty sweet.

Same here. I like the looks of some of that bonus material too, but 80 bills is a little too rich for my blood.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Early Def Leppard is the only DL I enjoy. This looks cool but I’m good with the releases I got.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 4:06 pm

It is pretty expensive. But I do want to get this.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Very nice. Wargod played a few tracks on his online radio show this past Saturday. A little steep of a price at this time for me, but like the sentinel's post, I am skipping for now.
I have vague memories of snagging "On Through The Night" and Saxon "Wheels Of Steel" around the same time. Young 14 year old me was working part time for a caterer and some of my hard earned pennies were spent at a local record shop.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 6:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I own this.

For me, CDs 4 and 5 are the gems of this set, but it's all good. There's also a nice hardback book in the set with a band history during this time period, loads of pictures and a discussion of the songs. This is well worth it if you ask me.

Hey, WF, how's the sound quality on the live stuff from disc 3?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 9:58 am

I've not bought any of the previous box sets, but this one was a must-have. I love that they included those live versions of "Medicine Man" (early version of "Rock, Rock Till You Drop") and "When the Rain Falls" (early version of "Let It Go"). I had them on a bootleg cassette as a teenager, and then more recently ripped shitty versions of cassette dubs from YouTube, so it's cool to finally have some good-quality versions.

Very cool stuff, and even included some demo versions I'd not heard before. My only complaint is that they didn't include those really cool early demos, like "Warchild," "Misty Dream," "Beyond the Temple," etc. Shame those weren't included.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 10:47 am

the sentinel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I own this.

Disc 3 is professional quality sound. It sounds fantastic.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 11:27 am

Good info, Ken, thanks. I am getting this, it's really just a question of when. I just pre ordered the new Satriani vinyl and bought the numbered edition of the first Dream Theater album, so this weeks budget is pretty shot. Ha ha. My local place got one in, just to have. It doesn't help that I know what she paid for it and it's about half of what she is asking. Razz
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 11:28 am

Witchfinder wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
I own this.

Disc 3 is professional quality sound. It sounds fantastic.

Checking them out now, WF, Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 3:59 pm

As Witchfinder said, the sound on disc 3 is amazing. It might even be crisper than the first two studio albums--even after remastering. There's great energy in the performance, and as exemplified by the two tracks posted above, it's cool to see the evolution of some of the songs. "When the Rain Falls" would soon become "Let It Go" and "Medicine Man" would eventually transform into "Rock Rock ('til You Drop)."
Back to top Go down
wolfrittner
Metal novice
Metal novice
wolfrittner

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2020 1:12 am

amazing sound and what a ride to go back to the early stages of the giant, known as Def Leppard! The BBC recordings are just as amazing. The guys were really on a mission, you can hear this without a doubt.
Worth every penny! My favorite album always is and will be High"N" Dry!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans of Early Def Leppard   Fans of Early Def Leppard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fans of Early Def Leppard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: