Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Def Leppard album

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
snooloui
7 posters
AuthorMessage
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

New Def Leppard album Empty
PostSubject: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:24 am

Apologies if this has already been posted...

http://www.nme.com/news/def-leppard/56537

First day for me headbanger
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:17 pm

I read about this elsewhere but I didnt think it was the whole band doing this. I dont know if i'll get this one or not I'd have to hear what it sounds like

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:23 pm

There is a whole series of these things from Rock A Bye Baby...

http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/ecom2/index.php/music

I have the Beatles, Ramones and U2 versions. The Ramones and U2 (blecch!! I hate U2) were baby shower gifts. I bought the Beatles one. That one is actually very good. I ripped it to my computer and shuffle it in with other Beatles tracks.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:26 pm

didnt want to start up a new thread for just 2 re-recorded songs but heres rock of ages and pour some sugar on me 2012. they sounds very identicle to the originals.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174933

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
didnt want to start up a new thread for just 2 re-recorded songs but heres rock of ages and pour some sugar on me 2012. they sounds very identicle to the originals.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174933

Just not as good as the originals - the guitar tone on Rock of Ages is no where near as good as the original and neither re-record is as good.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:15 pm

I downloaded them, but yeah...not very different, and I'm pretty sure many parts of the songs are just the original tracks.

This, of course, is just a way for the band/label to try to make some money off the Rock Of Ages movie.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I downloaded them, but yeah...not very different, and I'm pretty sure many parts of the songs are just the original tracks.

This, of course, is just a way for the band/label to try to make some money off the Rock Of Ages movie.

Yea those backing vocals intro and outro are all from the original song on rock of ages. Joe sounded good though which was surprising.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Why re-record songs when they sound like the originals? I don't get it. I can understand a complete makeover like Eric Clapton did with Layla or Toto doing Georgy Porgy in a Reggae style version or Bon Jovies "Prayer '94" version, but playing the same song again just slighty less 80's sounding?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:26 pm

ShadowAngel wrote:
Why re-record songs when they sound like the originals? I don't get it. I can understand a complete makeover like Eric Clapton did with Layla or Toto doing Georgy Porgy in a Reggae style version or Bon Jovies "Prayer '94" version, but playing the same song again just slighty less 80's sounding?!
Like I said, to make money. Doesn't matter that they're pretty much the same; they're going to be marketed as "new," thus hip for the hipster Glee crowd who will watch the godawful Rock Of Ages movie.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:56 am

ShadowAngel wrote:

I completely agree with you, I am sick of this trend already
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Def Leppard album   New Def Leppard album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Def Leppard album
Page 1 of 1