Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you listening to any metal music right now?

Go down 
+13
the sentinel
corplhicks
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Glower
mikeinfla
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Lari
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 8:06 pm

I actually had wine with lunch and beer with dinner. And now it's album 5 of Helloween United Alive!
Future Wooooorrlldd!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 11:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Currently sitting outside on my deck with a vodka tonic and Spotify playing a mix of NWOBHM. Looking at the stars and what I believe to be Venus.

I could get used to this whole social distancing thing.

🤘🏼

That's the life i enjoy!

I was playing some Cloven Hoof yesterday afternoon while working on a couple of emails.

Next week i will be spinning some Stratovarius. Their old discography is pure gold headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 pm

Yes. I am currently spinning Blade Runner - Warriors of Rock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 1:45 pm

On my second run through of Blind Guardian's Live Beyond the Spheres vinyl box set.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Normally I don't get to listen to any metal at home.

Most of my listening takes place while in the car, or when working alone late at the office.

Being stuck at home during this interminable lockdown, i am really starting to miss my music.

I have turned our dining room into an office, where i work remotely during the day. I did also place a small Grundig sound system, which i use to play some music while working, but it's basically classic rock, since metal is deemed too loud inside the house, especially with kids studying.

I wait for my drive to the office twice a week, to play my tunes loud in the car.

Anyone else facing a similar issue? Elaborate...
Ever since we've been living the apartment life, my wife throws a fit when I want to listen to the actual stereo. So for a few years my life has consisted of headphones, car or work when I want to listen to music. So this lockdown crap hasn't really changed much for me.

You should invest in some good headphones, they are life savers for me.

EDIT: and the life they saved, is the life of my wife. lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Normally I don't get to listen to any metal at home.

Most of my listening takes place while in the car, or when working alone late at the office.

Being stuck at home during this interminable lockdown, i am really starting to miss my music.

I have turned our dining room into an office, where i work remotely during the day. I did also place a small Grundig sound system, which i use to play some music while working, but it's basically classic rock, since metal is deemed too loud inside the house, especially with kids studying.

I wait for my drive to the office twice a week, to play my tunes loud in the car.

Anyone else facing a similar issue? Elaborate...
Ever since we've been living the apartment life, my wife throws a fit when I want to listen to the actual stereo. So for a few years my life has consisted of headphones, car or work when I want to listen to music. So this lockdown crap hasn't really changed much for me.

You should invest in some good headphones, they are life savers for me.

EDIT: and the life they saved, is the life of my wife. lol!

I did buy headphones but for some reason, i can't seem to enjoy listening to music through them that much.

If it ain't loud around me, i don't get to enjoy music in general.

But since this lockdown seems to be dragging , i am left with no alternative but to use them.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 4:55 pm

I hear ya trust me, I'd much rather listen to music over speakers, but headphones are the only thing that keeps the wife quiet. I can still enjoy it though, but speakers and the feel of the bass is just much better.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 5:08 pm

My daughter got a tablet and a nice pair of headphones from her Aunt for Christmas this past year. They are specially made for kids so they are super soft and volume controlled so hearing loss won't occur. I used them last week as I had been interested in a nice pair of headphones again. I had a killer pair back in high school that had a 12 foot cord and were super comfy. They were from the 1970's and given to me by my late Uncle (the dude who introduced me to VH, Sabbath, Rush, Coop, etc.) and many a night would I fall asleep to the sounds of Savatage, Metallica, Dokken, etc. They shorted out some time in the mid 90's and when I went looking for a new pair, the cheap bastard I was then didn't want to pay $100+ for a comparable pair. It's amazing, though, the things you pick up that you never heard before until you put on the phones.

I have sometimes used a cheap pair (like the ones from old Walkmans and Discmans) at my computer when either the wife or daughter is in the man cave watching something on the telly, But, it's just not the same as a high quality pair that blocks out everything but the music.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 10:13 pm

Since I have a metal cover band now, I have been listening to a lot of the songs we are covering. Some real good classics that are hardly ever played but are known. So songs like
Helloween - March of Time
Accept - Russian Roulette
Savatage - Sirens
Mercyful Fate - Come to the Sabbath
and more!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 10:43 am

Lurideath wrote:
Since I have a metal cover band now, I have been listening to a lot of the songs we are covering. Some real good classics that are hardly ever played but are known. So songs like
Helloween - March of Time
Accept - Russian Roulette
Savatage - Sirens
Mercyful Fate - Come to the Sabbath
and more!

Some great tunes there, brother.

I have been listening to probably 4-5 full albums a day given the amount of time I have at home. I have also been making a lot of comps and playlists on my desktop. In fact, I made 2 this morning and Savatage's "Sirens" is on the first one. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Was driving about during lunch from work today.
Nice day - blue skies - warm -
anyways....all these people, all ages were walking around !
As you can imagine being cooped up - gets people stir crazy -
One dude, my age was walking very slowly with his dad who had a cane.
This CD has some good ones Wink

There's a place where souls where souls live on forever.
There's a time where we all rest together, oh sometime.
Feeling better, living better, yeah, I see the lights.
There's a place where a light shines bright.
Shine on, shine on, shine on, shine on.
Peace on earth, spread love to your brother.
Loved ones gone, in your heart they'll live on,
Live on and on.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 3:50 pm

I played some sanctuary, night demon and witchhammer on my way to work, and back home.

Witchhammer is an amazing band. One of my favourite songs:

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Glower wrote:

Was driving about during lunch from work today.
Nice day - blue skies - warm -
anyways....all these people, all ages were walking around !
As you can imagine being cooped up - gets people stir crazy -
One dude, my age was walking very slowly with his dad who had a cane.
This CD has some good ones Wink

There's a place where souls where souls live on forever.
There's a time where we all rest together, oh sometime.
Peace on earth, spread love to your brother.
Loved ones gone, in your heart they'll live on,
Live on and on.

I love that album! Great choice, Glower. I picked the track "Stevie" to put on a mix yesterday.

Right now I am listening to a Dio bootleg called "Evil Eyes In Holland" from 1983; "Straight Through the Heart" is the current song playing.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 8:46 am

Britny Fox is great, love the s/t, Boys in Heat and Bite Down Hard.

I've been listening to a ton of metal the past couple weeks, specifically thrash metal. It seems fitting for the moment.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 9:47 am

Just in case anyone doesn't know, Tommy Paris, the lead singer on "Bite Down Hard" and "Springhead Motorshark" is supposedly Don Jillson.

Not a bad album, but nowhere near as good as the BF stuff.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 9:47 am

I was spinning Court Jester's Forced II Believe while working earlier this morning. Then i played some Gary Moore.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 9:48 am

Right now I am listening to Riot City - Burn the Night. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 9:49 am

the sentinel wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. I will play this one in the car, on my way to the office tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 10:03 am

Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. I will play this one in the car, on my way to the office tomorrow.

No problem, brother. I need to grab a physical copy for myself as I keep listening on youtube; I think I am gonna do that now.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 10:05 am

Also, if anyone didn't know this; if you like the singer from the first 2 BF albums, try this on for size:

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 10:27 am

I'm binging in the Nordic Melodic metal (style) stuff right now:

H.E.A.T.

Dynazty

Eclipse

Degreed

Can't seem to get enough of that.

I seem to vacillate between my most extreme stuff (More Death, Thrash and Black than ever) and then when I need to come down off of that I listen to this Melodic stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 11:26 am

the sentinel wrote:
Also, if anyone didn't know this; if you like the singer from the first 2 BF albums, try this on for size:

Wow, dude, that track is great.

I've seen that pop up on youtube a ton of times, but never clicked it (because I mean, tons of random albums from that era with a similar album cover theme pop up on my youtube, and I don't have time to check them all out).

Good stuff though.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 11:45 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Wow, dude, that track is great.

I've seen that pop up on youtube a ton of times, but never clicked it (because I mean, tons of random albums from that era with a similar album cover theme pop up on my youtube, and I don't have time to  check them all out).

Good stuff though.

Awesome! I am glad you enjoyed, Zombie. I couldn't find a full album to post, but if you play it on the tube, it will just go to the next song. If you are going to purchase, be aware that most CD's out there are fakes. But, they are cheap and have a few bonus tracks. I feel the same as you about the album popping up and similar covers and all. You have to wade through some muck to find the hidden treasures. I think I was searching and checking out the band Joker (a total Slaughter clone) when the algorithm gave me this one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 12:33 pm

Spinning this song right now:

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2020 2:19 pm

Right now: Twisted Sister - Under the Blade album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you listening to any metal music right now?    Are you listening to any metal music right now?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you listening to any metal music right now?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next