Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!

Go down 
+7
SideShowDisaSter
Fat Freddy
Smindas
Rex
MetalH
ultmetal
Wargod
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Empty
PostSubject: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Well I just got his and from a first listening stand point, they need a new singer PERIOD!
The music itselfs is outstanding but from a lyrical and vocal stand point it's way to Nu sounding IMO!.

Jeff Waters go listen Oslaught - Killing Peace, this where you should be at with your guitar riffs but please get rid of Dave Padden he's not the right fit for Annihilator!

Now granted it is my first spin thru this it may grow but it is not up to Annihilator standards I'm used to!

Wargod48

NP: Annihilator - Metal
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 pm

I liked Joe Comeau. Best singer Annihilator ever had.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 6:42 pm

The new Annihilator disc is out??
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 6:45 pm

Funny, I think Dave Padden is their finest singer yet. Especially when he sings clean.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 7:07 pm

Quote :

I agree Ult he was. Randy Savage had his moments. The new Annihilator is out in April!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 7:39 pm

I gave Metal a listen, thanks to the wonder of BitTorrent. I wasn't as blown away as I'd hope I'd be. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't fantasic. Perhaps it'll grow on me. Also, I actually don't mind Dave Padden - I think he's better than one or two of the guest singers who just seemed... inappropriate on an Annihilator record. However, I would never complain if Coburn Pharr stopped working in plastics and came back to Annihilator.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 8:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Amen. I haven't bought an Annihilator CD since ALL FOR YOU because I think the new guy stinks.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 11:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Yup, I loved Joe's vocals on Waking The Fury and Carnival Diablos.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 11:07 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Quote :

I agree Ult he was. Randy Savage had his moments. The new Annihilator is out in April!

Wargod48

You mean Randy Rampage.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 12:15 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:
Quote :

Wargod48

You mean Randy Rampage.
no way... Randy Savage is way more metal. Laughing very hard

Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! 200pxsavagebeltcu5

stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 5:50 am

I saw Annihilator back in 1989 with Testament and Mordred. The Alice In Hell tour I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 9:01 am

Ah ah I must be getting old can't remember names anymore yes Rampage!

Savage rawked to!

"Snap into a slim jim"

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 1:22 am

Is Nasty Savage still doin' anything? 'Cuz Nasty Ronnie and Randy Savage could totally "tag team" on vocals! Then the band name would make even more sense. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 6:28 pm

I picked up my first Annihilator album in the bargain bin last week.

Criteria For A Black Widow

Rockin' stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Dave Padden is one of my least favorite vocalists. I haven't heard this yet, but judging by how much I hated the last 2 Annihilator albums and most of the guest musicians, I can't say I'm expecting much. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but I don't see it happening, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:31 am

I don't understand all the hate for Padden. IMO he's by far and above their best and most versatile vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!   Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Listening to Annihilators - Metal for 1st time!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: