Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten   Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 10:03 pm

Every once in a while I wander over to melodicrock.com and read their reviews. A reviewer went nuts over this band. I piqued my interest, so I checked them out. Wow! It's instantly one of my favorite albums. Such a melodic masterpiece! Can't believe I never heard of them, or that they are not more well known. It's criminal.  

http://www.melodicrock.com/articles/reviews/2015/07/16/degreed-dead-not-forgotten-review
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten   Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 pm

That's not too bad but it doesn't have enough "sleaze factor" for me and the synths/keyboards are too prominent; makes it sound like an 80s hair band holdover to me.  I do like the chorus a lot more; it has a little more "crunch" in the vocals. 

But overall the thing just has way too much synth for me; replace that synth with some kind of piano (preferably honky-tonk style) and I'd probably have a totally different opinion.  Laughing

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten   Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 10:59 pm

It is very catchy! And like Toho said the chorus is better than the verses.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten   Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 6:11 am

I read the other day that melodicrock.com is in danger of shutting down permanently. Hope that doesn't happen, I have been visiting that site since 1997 or so.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten   Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 1:19 pm

That song sounds like it would be played at the end of an 80’s teen sex comedy while the credits roll. Too much synth for my tastes.

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten   Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow! Degreed - Dead But Not Forgotten
Page 1 of 1