Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another forgotten METAL gem!

Go down 
+9
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
stepcousin
AchrisK
Shiney
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
ultmetal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Another forgotten METAL gem! Empty
PostSubject: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 1:39 pm

Another forgotten METAL gem! 442_12_03_2006_2_44_43_behindenemylines
Recon-Behind Enemy Lines (Intense) 1990

1. "In the Beginning" (1:33)
2. "Lost Soldier" (4:53)
3. "Ancient of Days" (5:36)
4. "Choose this Day" (5:42)
5. "Dreams" (5:12)
6. "Take Us Away" (3:44)
7. "Holy is the Lord" (6:03)
8. "Alive!" (4:09)
9. "Eternal Destiny" (5:43)
10."Behind Enemy Lines" (4:17)
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:01 pm

Yup!I was just spinning this a couple weeks ago.🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:22 pm

Oh yea, I love this album... one of my all time favorite Christian metal discs (right behind Barren Cross' ATOMIC ARENA and Deliverance's WEAPONS...) I was lucky enough to get one of the M8/Magdalene Records reissue CDs a few years back (only 1000 pressed) so I could finally retire my long-suffering cassette copy.

I've turned several people on to this band over the years, and when I'm asked what they sound like I say "Imagine if Queensryche went to a tent revival in between THE WARNING and RAGE FOR ORDER albums and got some religion" Smile

There was talk of a new album around the time that BEHIND ENEMY LINES was reissued (George Ochoa even mentions it in his liner notes in that CD) but I don't think anything came of it. They were working with a new singer for a while whose name was Rod Dickenson. Any idea where he is now, or what happened to the project? The second album was supposed to be called THE CHOSEN FEW, I believe....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Bassist Mike Grato is a friend of mine. I doubt you'll ever see the long talked about second album. George Ochoa seems to have his hand in too many pots to worry about Recon apparently.

Rod is a FANTASTIC singer! I saw Recon live with Rod singing for them and they OWNED! I spoke to him last September. He told me Recon were still technically together, but were doing nothing.

I have a Recon - The Chosen Few t-shirt from that show.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Rod is a FANTASTIC singer! I saw Recon live with Rod singing for them and they OWNED! I spoke to him last September. He told me Recon were still technically together, but were doing nothing.

Shoot, that's a bummer. I was in contact with Rod via e-mail a couple of times a few years ago and he seemed like a cool guy. I left a message on Recon's Geocities web page (which probably doesn't exist anymore does it?) and he was the one who responded to it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:25 pm

Mike Grato is one my Top Friends list on my MySpace.
www.myspace.com/ultmetal

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:31 pm

This band is Ok for what they were. I wouldn't say they are amazing by a long shot though. The new album would have really secured a place for them, but ehhh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:32 pm

Quote :
I have a Recon - The Chosen Few t-shirt from that show.

I have that shirt as well. Great band!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 pm

Great disc....

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 7:20 pm

I liked it quite a bit back in the day.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 7:27 pm

Love Recon. As a matter of fact, Im listening to Recon Live-2001 Cornerstone right now in my car. Rough recording, but its Recon!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 10:36 pm

Great band and a great disc!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 12:47 am

i actually have this, suprisingly. haven't listened to it in ages though.

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 1:51 pm

I've got the original, bought it the day it came out. Heard the two cuts on Hot Metal Summer 3, which I still have & had to get it, have'nt given it a spin in a while though.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 2:44 pm

YEP!!! Have the original disc... AWESOME DISC!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 11:33 pm

I have the original disc also, bought it at C-stone 88? or 89?.... I think I got burned oh the 'Geoff Tate' vocals... between Recon, Sacred Warrior, Fates Warning, Haven..... my goodness it seemed that everyone was sounding like the Reich after 'Mindcrime'.....

I did listen to it a few months ago. It was better than I remembered, seems to have stood the test of time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 12:15 am

I'd like to get a vinyl copy of this album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 2:32 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'd like to get a vinyl copy of this album.

I honestly don't remember if it was released on vinyl.... It came out when a lot of labels started to stop releasing vinyl. I worked in a Christian bookstore when it came out, our music department got everything. That one I don't believe made it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 12:11 pm

I have the original CD - great album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another forgotten METAL gem!   Another forgotten METAL gem! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another forgotten METAL gem!
Page 1 of 1