Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Covid-19 pandemic

Go down 
+28
Witchfinder
blazingstone
James B.
Glower
Devin's Child
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
exact33
MetalGuy71
manny
brokentulsa
ZombieHavoc
nevermore
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
Citanul
the sentinel
Gilbert
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Troublezone
Boris2008
corplhicks
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Lari
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 6:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Best wishes for you and your wife Wrecked.

I think I had covid last February before we knew it was "a thing".  I live by myself and seldom socialize and work at home fulltime so therefore I seldom even get a cold.  But back in Feb, something leveled me for about 10 days.  I didn't want to eat, my body ached and all I wanted to do was sleep.  Since I had a lot of vacation time at work that's exactly what I did.  

My point is, I was 59 at the time, I have high blood pressure, I'm a former smoker and am borderline diabetic yet I recovered.  So hang in there.

I think everyone in my family had it in November 2019. They thought it was the flu but the length of sickness and symptoms match up.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 7:31 pm

Yep! That's why I think I had it; all the symptoms match up to what we know now.

I even had a fever for a few days and I can't even remember the last time I had a fever. I only took my temp because I felt like crap. I had to unwrap a thermometer I bought a couple years ago but had never used and I registered a temp slightly over 100. Considering my normal temp is usually about 97.5 I knew I had "something" at the time.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 9:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yep! That's why I think I had it; all the symptoms match up to what we know now.

I even had a fever for a few days and I can't even remember the last time I had a fever. I only took my temp because I felt like crap. I had to unwrap a thermometer I bought a couple years ago but had never used and I registered a temp slightly over 100. Considering my normal temp is usually about 97.5 I knew I had "something" at the time.

Take care!
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 5:16 pm

My wife was put on a ventilator yesterday. Day seven was the day I took her to the hospital, and day ten she's put on a ventilator. With her medical conditions in the past, her prognosis is not good. She's a fighter though, so all hope is not lost. I've never been this terrified in my life though. God help her.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 5:24 pm

Prayers for your wife Wrecked Neck. Hope she improves quickly.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 6:17 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:

+1 from me!

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 8:46 pm

exact33 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

+1 from me!

And another from me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 10:14 pm

Hoping for a fast and total recovery. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 1:02 pm

Thank you guys. Wish I could say there has been some improvements, but her condition remains the same. This is by far the most terrifying two weeks of my life. I keep praying that I'll wake up and get something positive from the doctors, but every day it's rinse and repeat. I hope none of you ever have to go thru this. Take care of yourselves and keep away from people as much as possible.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 9:39 pm

Damn, Wrecked. Continued good wishes and karma coming your way.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 12:29 am

And just like that, my beautiful wife of eighteen years has passed away. She went peacefully yesterday with me and her niece by her side. The most agonizing and maddening month of my life. I pray none of you or anyone you know ever has to endure the pure torture this whole thing has made us endure. I only hope that she wasn't in pain during this whole ordeal, and that she knew we were there with her at the end. She was loved by all who knew her, and taken way too soon. I take comfort knowing that her suffering is finally over, and can't wait for the day when we see each other again.

For those of you that take covid lightly, please heed my warning. It's no joke. It's not the flu. I knew my wife had a very small chance of survival. She had most of the preexisting conditions that usually mean certain death for covid patients. I also have a friend that had non of those preexisting conditions, was younger than my wife, and also in much better all around health. This friend almost died as well. Since having covid, she has had a very hard Tim in rehab because of the damage done to her lungs. She will never have full lung capacity again due to the scar tissue buildup. She has had three hospitalizations due to catching pneumonia since October.

There is no telling what it does to people. My case was relatively easy to deal with, though after a month I still have a hard time breathing. I was very Lucky. My wife and friend were not. Please, do what you can to stay safe. Be vigilant and don't take this shit lightly. Don't think just because your young, or have no real health problems it's an automatic cake walk. My friend was a runner, white water river enthusiast, and an all around healthy athletic person that almost got taken out, and still might be just from her weakened immune system and lung damage. Be careful, take care, and tell your significant other how much you fucking cherish them every fucking chance you get.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 8:44 am

Wow, man. That's really terrible news. My sincere condolences.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 9:26 am

Oh man, that's horrible. My sincerest condolences to you and your family, Wrecked.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 12:55 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss. I cannot imagine the pain. 

It's impossible to help and typing words on the internet mean little, I know, but at least I took your advice and told my family I love them.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Thank you guys, appreciate it. I'm still pretty numb, just got back home, needed to tend to the cat and do some other things around here. Probably go back to my dads tonight, not sure I can stay here yet. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 3:02 pm

Horrible news... my condolences.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 3:13 pm

So sorry for your loss man. Today, i lost a good friend to Covid. A healthy athletic man who never suffered from any medical condition.

Covid is no joke. God help us all.

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 5:09 pm

Very sorry to hear of your loss.. I have lost several friends and know several who survived with severe organ damage... Covid is serious.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 6:12 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, mate

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 6:14 pm

So sorry to hear that man. Prayers for you brother.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 11:41 am

Sorry for your loss. Words do not suffice...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 4:27 pm

I had to get tested yesterday. My daughter's fiance had to get tested because of an outbreak at his work, and it came back positive, even though he was asymptomatic. So because of the close contact with them, I got tested (we all feel fine as well). I'll get my results back in 2-3 days.
Back to top Go down
Devin's Child
Metal novice
Metal novice
Devin's Child

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss Wrecked. As your story tells, this is no joke.

I had hard fewer last week for two days. Nothing more, just fewer. I got tested negative, so it´s fine. I have taken the test now four times, always negative. And my area has been safe, but you can never tell when hell breaks.

I´m not one speaking against vaccine programs, because I´ve seen and heard enough of similar tragical stories that Wrecked wrote. I just want this shit to be dealt so that we could carry on. Too many has died or injured badly because of this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.miikamanninen.net
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 9:11 am

Sorry for your loss W.N.
I decided for some reason to click on this link....
Put tears in my eyes.
May you work through the terrible grief of it all.
I’m one who would take things very lightly.
But not now. Not after reading your posts.
Again. May God comfort your spirit these next few months.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:03 am

007 wrote:
I had to get tested yesterday. My daughter's fiance had to get tested because of an outbreak at his work, and it  came back positive, even though he was asymptomatic. So because of the close contact with them, I got tested (we all feel fine as well). I'll get my results back in 2-3 days.

Best of luck man. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covid-19 pandemic   Covid-19 pandemic - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Covid-19 pandemic
Page 7 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next