Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Empty
PostSubject: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 10:43 am

New album will be released via Steamhammer label on April 24, 2020:

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 6:22 pm

I do believe in the 2nd amendment of the United States of America.
War - that’s an entirely different ball of wax.
Bought 2 CDs from him last year. Good music ! This sounds really good too.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 9:29 pm

I own all of Axel's discography with the exception of one album. His latest deliveries have been quite good.

Will surely be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2020 9:47 pm

I think I have them all except Kings and Queens. ARP is great. I play the first 3 a lot! And the Steeler stuff too. I have started to prefer his stuff to Yngwie. Malmsteen's first 5 albums or so are phenomenal, but after 1995, Axel blows him out of the water. ARP's stuff is far more memorable and melodic (in my opinion) and Johhny Gioelli is hands down better than the revolving door of lead singers on Yngwie's records. Especially when Malmsteen sings.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 3:18 am

I have always preferred Axel over Yngwie. I can't stand the latter's flashy playing.

Axel's songs are far more memorable.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 5:06 am

Wow ! I like Malmsteen big time. Even bought his book lol.
Never heard of people actually preferring Axel Pell over him though.
That's cool to hear ! I will have to add more Pell to my mix.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Glower wrote:
Wow ! I like Malmsteen big time. Even bought his book lol.
Never heard of people actually preferring Axel Pell over him though.
That's cool to hear ! I will have to add more Pell to my mix.

[i][/ grew up a huge fan of Yngwie and still hold those first 5 albums or so in high regard' but after "Facing the Animal" his output grew very samey and stale, while Axel's stuff still seems inspired and memorable.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 7:22 am

I have eight Pell albums, with the Masquerade Ball being the last one. I'm so far behind I doubt I'll get to this any time soon.

Speaking of Masquerade Ball:

Great song.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 11:30 am

The last album I got from him was the Crest from 2010. I think he's released 5 or 6 albums since. I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 12:13 pm

Lari wrote:
I have eight Pell albums, with the Masquerade Ball being the last one. I'm so far behind I doubt I'll get to this any time soon.

Speaking of Masquerade Ball:

Great song.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 12:15 pm

007 wrote:
The last album I got from him was the Crest from 2010. I think he's released 5 or 6 albums since. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

I spun that one the other night. Most of his discs can be found in the $10-15 dollar range new and used, so it wouldn't take you long to catch up, 007.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 12:58 pm

the sentinel wrote:
007 wrote:

I spun that one the other night. Most of his discs can be found in the $10-15 dollar range new and used, so it wouldn't take you long to catch up, 007.
Listening to 5-6 albums does take time, if you plan to give each record the attention it deserves.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Lari wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
007 wrote:

Listening to 5-6 albums does take time, if you plan to give each record the attention it deserves.

True. And I have such a long want list, it's going to take some time. I'll not do active search for them but if I happen to come across one when I'm out and about, I'll definitely pick it up. That's how I got The Crest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times    Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axel Rudi Pell: sign of the times
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: