Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axel Rudi Pell

Go down 
+18
BearOnUnicycle
corplhicks
Lari
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
holydiver97595
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
krokus
labrekk
Olafsto
Gilbert
bassman
DallasBlack
Wargod
Alex Dee Rokket
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:20 pm

I feel Axel's band is one of the most underrated power metal bands out there. He constantly releases albums and most of his stuff is very consistent. It also sounds ballsier than the average power metal band.

I never see this band discussed much but what are your opinions of Axel Rudi Pell / favorite albums etc.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:30 pm

I like what he puts out it is consistent.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:35 pm

IMO with better promotion and marketing, Johnny Gioeli could become the next Dio.

Imo he has such a powerful sound and he is a young gun too. He has a very good stage presence and is not bad to look at either.

He's also a better vocalist (imo at least) than Jorn.

Just gotta give him a chance.
Back to top Go down

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:26 pm

He's always had great vocalists and while I love Axel's material they do tend to be a bit same same, I personally like "The Masquerade Ball" album the most, but there's not one studio album that I would listen to on a regular basis
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:46 pm

I have the Rob Rock one, two of the JSS albums, and 4 with Johnny (one being a double live album and one being the cover album). My favorite of those is Kings & Queens, while 2 songs on that album are a little too similar, I listen to that one quite frequently. I have many of his other albums on my wantlist.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:56 pm

I have just listened this evening to 1989's Wild Obsession and 2010's The Crest and the consistency over such a long span of time is truly impressive. Yes, production values change and what sounded great in 1989 would be barely acceptable today, but the overall quality of the performance is outstanding.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9933

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 am

I have a double album: a best of and a live performance.

I enjoy it, but never felt the urge to check more stuff.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:04 am

I`m a fan and own most his albums. The problem with ARP is like Locky said the lack of variation, no room for surprises there Laughing .
His latest was the best in a long time IMO.
And I agree that Gioeli is a great singer, but a new Dio he is not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:28 am

I love most Axel Rudi Pell discs. Yes, they all sound very similar, but I don't really care as long as it's quality stuff. He always got great singers on his albums but Johnny Gioeli is one of the best. He's very underrated as far as I'm concerned. He's one of the very best metal singers and rarely gets the attention he'd deserve.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 am

I have everything he released and like them all a lot. He helped keeping hard rock alive during 93-96, the hard years of the genre. He should get respect for that.
Back to top Go down

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 am

Great player and doesn't care about trends, he just wants to rock and he does.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 2:03 pm

ARP - power metal surprised I think not!

I loves me some ARP though, and own most of his albums, including some Steeler album (the band he was in before he went solo). You can check my wbsite for more in depth thoughts.

Lately I think he's sort of stuck in the same patters though, especially the singer.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:34 pm

I have all his studio albums. I like pretty much everything. I think I like the newest album the most but like everyone says he's consistant in being samey, but in a good way unlike Yngwie.

The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Only thing I've heard of Axel Rudi Pell is a cover they did of Rainbow's Still I'm Sad on a Dio tribute album. However, it was awesome, and I love it almost as much as the original, so yeah, good soundin' music.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Quote :
ARP - power metal Axel Rudi Pell 685534 I think not!

Yeah, maybe classical metal?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:14 pm

All I've ever heard from this dude is his cover of "Still I'm Sad" on the Dio tribute album HOLY DIO. Good stuff but I've never come across any of his other material in my travels. I don't believe a whole lot of it ever got released in the U.S.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 pm

I have no clue who this person is.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

If the reviews I've read are to be believed, he's more or less Germany's answer to Yngwie Malmsteen.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

If the reviews I've read are to be believed, he's more or less Germany's answer to Yngwie Malmsteen.

Why does Yngwie have to be answered?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:12 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
ARP - power metal Axel Rudi Pell 685534 I think not!

Yeah, maybe classical metal?

Yup, with strong hints of neo-classical metal.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:10 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Why does Yngwie have to be answered?

Because he is a very influential guitarist.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Yeah, but Yngwie gets boring after a while. Axel is nowhere near as pretentious.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
All I've ever heard from this dude is his cover of "Still I'm Sad" on the Dio tribute album HOLY DIO. Good stuff but I've never come across any of his other material in my travels. I don't believe a whole lot of it ever got released in the U.S.

Similar post toast! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 8:27 am

holydiver97595 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Similar post toast! cheers

Bwahahaha, scary when that happens isn't it? Great minds think alike.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

That's pretty much how I thought of him as well. I've heard of him, but none of his music. Don't know that I'd care much for it though. Not my style.

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axel Rudi Pell
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next