Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Axel Rudi Pell

Go down 
+6
scottmitchell74
corplhicks
Lari
iamrockerfun
Headbanger Man
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Any fans of this guy / "band" here ?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 2:46 pm

yes i am will visit their show on upcoming tour/october/. i like the last album, very perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6375

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 3:23 pm

I have a box set that contains their first four albums + a compilation called Ballads. I think the first two are my favourites.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Great guitarist with some really intense music. The last one was phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 5:26 pm

I like a few of his quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:15 pm

Very much so. I have a few gaps in his discography (mostly the more recent ones) but the ones I do have are stellar.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 9:44 pm

I have a few of his records: Nasty Reputation, Eternal Prisoner, The Masquerade Ball, and Kings and Queens

All of them are enjoyable, but Eternal Prisoner is probably my favourite. He's a great songwriter and an even better guitarist. I think his albums are a bit too long-winded, but it's amazing he continues to pump them out so quickly.

I saw him/them at Wacken a few years ago, and it was a disappointing performance. I didn't think Johnny did a good job with "Nasty Reputation", and the material he originally sang on wasn't clicking with me for the most part. It's possible this is because I saw them play right after Massacre, who killed it and are a substantially different style.
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 2:57 am

Great stuff, caught them live 3 times. Nasty Reputation and Magic are my favorites, with Black Moon Pyramid a strong 3rd, but masterpieces are there to be found in the rest of the releases.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:42 am

I've only really heard the later stuff. I wanted to snag that SPV "5 Albums" set that was the first four plus Ballads, but it's since gone super OOP and very overpriced when it does pop up, so that's off the list.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:58 pm

Love me some ARP! Whether it's with Rob Rock, Jeff Scott Soto, or Johnny Gioeli. My favorite is Kings & Queens. IMO, that album is complete killer and no filler.

Funny story, when I met JSS at TSO's Beethoven tour, I mentioned that I knew him from his work with Axel. He told me I was the only person to ever mention his stint with ARP to him. I actually left an impression with one of metal/melodic hard rock's finest vocalists with my knowledge of ARP.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

Axel Rudi Pell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Axel Rudi Pell   Axel Rudi Pell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Axel Rudi Pell
Page 1 of 1