Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Coronavirus - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 8:27 am

If you want good info with no sensationalism then I really recommend Dr John

I have been following him for about a month and he really knows his stuff
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 5:01 pm

I ran into the TP shortage thing at Sam's today.  they were completely wiped out of toilet paper and paper towels.  So stupid; how is hoarding paper products a logical response to the coronavirus?  Idiotic sheeple.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 5:06 pm

Me too. I'm not in a panic but now my normal everyday TP situation is messed up because of those who ARE in a panic. Grrr...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 5:14 pm

Fortunately I have plenty of paper towels and TP but I just always pick some up every time I go to Sams.  Not today.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 5:16 pm

Quote :
they were completely wiped out of toilet paper

Heh. Heh. "wiped out." Heh. Heh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 8:24 pm

You know, the more I think about this TP shortage the angrier I get.  And I don't even really need any more TP for probably a month at least.

But it convinces me even more how F'N STUPID people are!   How the hell is hoarding toilet paper a logical response to the coronavirus?????  Answer: it's NOT!  It's probably due to some dumbass "social media" posting which of course then went viral and led to all the dumbass "sheeple" buying up as much TP as they could.  You F'n morons!  

This whole corona thing convinces me more than ever how much the general public sucks and how stupid they are.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 9:18 pm

They closed schools in Maryland and Ohio. There's talk of the same here in town. Wondering how working couples will get by.

What sucks is being broke and not being able to buy TP at the moment. Coronavirus - Page 3 288219
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 9:41 pm

Quote :
How the hell is hoarding toilet paper a logical response to the coronavirus?

You can build a little fort out of it and hide inside so the virus can't find you. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 9:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
How the hell is hoarding toilet paper a logical response to the coronavirus?

You can build a little fort out of it and hide inside so the virus can't find you. Very Happy

Unfortunately that sounds about like the "reasonable" logic "sheeple" are using.  Good grief I can't stand people!  The undeniable stupidity is mind-boggling.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 9:57 pm

New, fun metal related game: skim the headlines on Blabbermouth and count how many of them contain the words "cancelled due to Coronavirus."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Yeah that doesn't surprise me at all.  We've lost the NBA, NHL, March Madness and the start of the MLB season so concerts were obviously going to be toast.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:07 pm

AND...

I just read the XFL has suspended the rest of their season too.  Good grief, no sports at all for the next month!  Thanks a LOT China!  You assholes!  Stop eating raw animals already you idiots.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
AND...

I just read the XFL has suspended the rest of their season too.  Good grief, no sports at all for the next month!  Thanks a LOT China!  You assholes!  Stop eating raw animals already you idiots.

The manager of the football team I follow (Arsenal) actually has the virus so most of the club are self isolating. It's only a matter of time before all sport is suspended too but our Prime Minister gave a staggeringly honest speech about the situation and just how deep the shit we are in so I don't think people care much about sport any more. Most people just want to do whatever the safest thing is and if that means cancelling some leisure pastimes then fair enough.

On a side note China are saying that they didn't cause the outbreak, they are blaming you guys! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:45 pm

Yeah that's par for the course.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:51 pm

I'm a huge sports geek so this lack of ANY sports is killing me. 

Especially this time of year with NHL heading to post-season, MLB getting ready to start and of course March Madness...none of which is happening this year. 

Ugh...I'm going to have to start watching lame movies like FF does!

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Toho I'm with you. I'm highly irritated with the people right now. As a first responder I get enough of stupidity...and now this... Anyhow, my family is lucky and we have a solid game plan.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
You know, the more I think about this TP shortage the angrier I get.  And I don't even really need any more TP for probably a month at least.

But it convinces me even more how F'N STUPID people are!   How the hell is hoarding toilet paper a logical response to the coronavirus?????  Answer: it's NOT!  It's probably due to some dumbass "social media" posting which of course then went viral and led to all the dumbass "sheeple" buying up as much TP as they could.  You F'n morons!  

This whole corona thing convinces me more than ever how much the general public sucks and how stupid they are.

Yep that’s why they have to keep stuff from the public because of mass hysteria! The real crisis is gonna be the effect all this has on the economy,stock market etc.
And the whole toilet paper thing is ridiculous! C,mon people it’s a respiratory virus not diarrhea!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm

Yeah, you're on the frontlines of dealing with stupid people.  I bet your job has gone from mildly sucky to total suckdom with this coronavirus nonsense.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2020 11:09 pm

Not yet...yet I say...but I'm sure it's on the way. So far Abilene has been unscathed...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 12:03 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
The real crisis is gonna be the effect all this has on the economy,stock market etc.

Don't be so sure. Our government usually run the country like a business but in the last couple of days the stock market has crashed harder than 2008 and all the government have done is pump £30 billion into coronavirus related spending and promised a blank cheque to the NHS! They are just spending what needs to be spent and haven't even mentioned the economy. And we have a Conservative government.

The financial side of things will be very rough but it doesn't seem to be much of a priority right now.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 1:40 am

Our economy is collapsing fast. Government has ordered all restaurants, cafes, shopping malls, hotels and touristic places to be closed down, for an indefinite period of time.

We are even talking about closing down our firm and work from home.

Over the last few days, i have been getting less and less work related emails. I hope this mess ends soon.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 12:04 pm

On a side note, I wonder how this will affect recording (not touring). Many artists have "home studios" and with digital distribution you could likely put out an album without even leaving your home (of course, that assumes all the artists in the group arent infected or at risk).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 12:50 pm

Hadley wrote:
On a side note, I wonder how this will affect recording (not touring). Many artists have "home studios" and with digital distribution you could likely put out an album without even leaving your home (of course, that assumes all the artists in the group arent infected or at risk).

So no physical music Sad...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Hadley wrote:

So no physical music Sad...

Dude, it sounds pretty serious where you are so stay safe and listen to one of the many thousand CD's you already have! Razz

What a difference a day makes. I went shopping yesterday and saw very little evidence of the 'panic buying' thing apart from having to go to a smaller shop to get toilet paper. Today, however I went back as I hadn't gotten everything I needed and my god!! Pasta, gone! Eggs, gone! Long life milk, gone! Pasta Sauce, Tinned food, flour, sugar, hand wash very nearly gone!

It looks like that little chat that Boris had with the nation yesterday is making people realise how desperate this is all becoming.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 2:36 pm

Where do you live Boris?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 3 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: