Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Coronavirus - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 9:20 am

I've lost count of how many "Road Warrior moments" I've had since this started.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 10:12 am

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I wonder what the post-coronavirus world will be like...
Coronavirus - Page 16 Qv01c4zwqim41

Isn't that the cover to the new split 7" of Exhumer and Manowar?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 10:16 am

Glower wrote:
" I am glad I have Jesus, Metal and plenty of wine in my life!!! "

Classic comment !
We walk a fine line, Sentinel !

Yes we do, yes we do. In the post Corona world, I have my time share at the Cape booked for June so I hope there's a CC and MV to visit. I want to jump off the "Jaws" bridge one more time!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 10:30 am

So, I just got a call from my Branch Manager and she is giving me a paid day off for tomorrow.We can have no more than 3 people working at any time. Technically, I am on call if another banker calls out. That means I am only working Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this week, a total of 14 actual hours at the branch, but I am being paid for 40 plus the hazard pay. I am certainly not complaining; I am just befuddled as to how much longer they can keep this up.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6305

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 11:43 am

the sentinel wrote:
Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

It's pretty metal.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 11:46 am

tohostudios wrote:
I've lost count of how many "Road Warrior moments" I've had since this started.
How many more days till it's okay to start going outside wearing your old hockey shoulder pads?

Coronavirus - Page 16 Mm-fashion-wez

You need to instill a little fear when going to the gas pumps.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 11:48 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Well I'm a truck driver, and even my job is getting sketchy. I'm still working, but it's all I can do to get a full 8 hours. I'm usually getting at least 10 hours, and always room for more if I want it. They made all the extra board drivers stay home today for the first time since this started. They also cut the dock workers down. So I'm happy to be working for sure, but I feel it's only matter of time before I'm out of work myself.

Only saving grace I have is I'm sure if things get bad, I can probably get on with someone somewhere going over the road. I'm sure truck drivers are being over worked right now, so I might be able to find something to get me by until my job gets back to normal. Or I might just take the time off and heal all my aches and pains this job gives me.

I work at a paper mill and we are running balls to the wall. Truck drivers are in and out of here 24 hours a day. Maybe you could find something in your area hauling essentials from state to state?
Yeah that's what I'll probably do it need be. I do ltl which is just local stuff. Most of out freight comes in from California, so with that state closing down, it effects us big time. Only thing keeping us going right now is we deal with mostly warehouses and industrial businesses. But even though they are open still most of California isn't, so our workload is down.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 12:11 pm

Just got back from a 5 miles fast run in my empty neighborhood. I needed it bad. I have been doing around 5 miles daily since the outbreak.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Just got back from a 5 miles fast run in my empty neighborhood. I needed it bad. I have been doing around 5 miles daily since the outbreak.

Nice. I am definitely going to start doing more cardio. I am still slim and strong for my age, as I still throw the iron around 3-4 times a week, but the days of walking/ jogging 5 miles have been gone since about 2017.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 1:05 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

That's pretty close to my Friday night outfit now. Although as I am short, a bit overweight and 48 it looks a little different on me!

I think it looks better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 4:02 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Nice. I am definitely going to start doing more cardio. I am still slim and strong for my age, as I still throw the iron around 3-4 times a week, but the days of walking/ jogging 5 miles have been gone since about 2017.

I served as a lieutenant in the commandos ground forces, where training was literally hell. Running is my daily oxygen Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 4:32 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

That's pretty close to my Friday night outfit now. Although as I am short, a bit overweight and 48 it looks a little different on me!

I think it looks better! Very Happy
And your boyfriend agrees with you!

Kidding aside, Lord Humongous was badass. The movie inspired an entire WWE Tag Team division (Demolition, Legion of Doom, Powers of Pain).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 7:59 pm

I thought you guys could use a little amusement so here's the update on my cat litter situation.

My online orders started coming in over the weekend and another 120lbs just arrived 15 minutes ago. So even after using my usual 30lbs over the weekend when changing the cat boxes I'm currently sitting on 470lbs in my garage and I've still got 20lbs more on the way. Hell, I've got six 40 pound bags, a 50 pound bag, twelve 10lb bags and three 20lb bags.

I think my biceps are getting bigger from lifting all that weight...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 8:27 pm

Also, on a light note, has anyone else been watching the transformations of their local news personalities?

With no professional hair or makeup people available they're all starting to look a little "worse for wear".  It started with the males of course because most men aren't used to doing makeup, hair, etc but lately I've noticed the females starting to look "bedraggled" too.  The women probably could "make do" by doing their own hair and makeup for a few weeks but with no hair stylists available their hair is starting to get out of control.  Some of them look like they have major static electricity going on.  

I myself am starting to go "Neanderthal".  I normally trim my beard with the same guard I have the barber use on my hair (a "4") but with no barber available I decided to let my beard length keep matching my hair length.  I'm probably up to what a "6" guard on both would look like now but who knows when it will stop because you know once we can all go get haircuts again it's going to take weeks to be able to get in.

I might end up looking like this:

Coronavirus - Page 16 Maxresdefault

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 9:01 pm

Well, I'm going to have to deputize my daughter into hair cutting duty, that's one weird thing.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 6:31 am

Yeah, my hair getting longer than I like it. Might have to get my wife to give me a buzz cut with the clippers but I really don't want to do that.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 8:18 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Yeah, my hair getting longer than I like it. Might have to get my wife to give me a buzz cut with the clippers but I really don't want to do that.

Haha i hope i won't have to reach this stage.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Fortunately I got my hair cut shorter than usual just a couple of weeks before the clamp down started, so I should be good at least for a while...

Work wise, shit officially went Hunger Games yesterday. We've been told that we all are required to take a total of 12 "furlough" days, spread out over the next three months (April, May and June).

I spent an hour in a web meeting with the other three people in my dept. yesterday with a calendar in front of me, goin' "OK, so if you take that day, I'll take these two, she gets these three," etc. So I'm basically losing at least a day's pay (sometimes two) each week through the end of June.

Apparently we'll be able to apply for temporary unemployment benefits to reimburse us for the hours we are losing, but I am not sure how that works yet

I suppose it beats the alternative, but of course, if things don't start turning around after the month of June, I shudder to think of what the next step will be.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 12:17 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Also, on a light note, has anyone else been watching the transformations of their local news personalities?

With no professional hair or makeup people available they're all starting to look a little "worse for wear".  It started with the males of course because most men aren't used to doing makeup, hair, etc but lately I've noticed the females starting to look "bedraggled" too.  The women probably could "make do" by doing their own hair and makeup for a few weeks but with no hair stylists available their hair is starting to get out of control.  Some of them look like they have major static electricity going on.  

I myself am starting to go "Neanderthal".  I normally trim my beard with the same guard I have the barber use on my hair (a "4") but with no barber available I decided to let my beard length keep matching my hair length.  I'm probably up to what a "6" guard on both would look like now but who knows when it will stop because you know once we can all go get haircuts again it's going to take weeks to be able to get in.

I might end up looking like this:

Coronavirus - Page 16 Maxresdefault

Ha ha. Too funny, Toho. I am glad now that I shave my head and keep my beard to a 5 O'clock shadow of Kip Winger like proportions!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Florida now on lockdown beginning at midnight tonight. I will continue to work as we have no plans to shutdown and have already been deemed essential. So all I can say is keep hording TP and ordering online! It keeps me running!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 7:51 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Florida now on lockdown beginning at midnight tonight. I will continue to work as we have no plans to shutdown and have already been deemed essential. So all I can say is keep hording TP and ordering online! It keeps me running!

That's the spirit, brother!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 9:54 pm

I had been to a barber about a week before this all went to shit, so I'm good for awhile. And I'm almost 2 weeks into my new "quarantine beard".

I promised the kids after I let it grow in for a bit, I'll shave it off in stages and have some fun with it. Full-mutton chops, the Lemmy, fu Manchu 'stache, etc.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 10:15 pm

That's a funny idea MG!  If you're going to go wild with the facial hair and you have a built-in audience, might as well have some fun with it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 am

Now they have laid off a few office clerks today, and two of our new drivers. They are a also asking for volunteers to take time off without pay. Rumor has it they are thinking of laying off our entire dock staff and use drivers to work the dock. Not sure if that will work, because far as I know it's seniority based, and they aren't supposed to be able to do that. Some of our dock workers have been there for twenty years, and we have drivers that haven't been here a year get that would still be working. Guess their thinking drivers can do dock work, but dock workers can't drive trucks, so they become expendable. Shits getting strange.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 6:43 am

Just got back from the office. Spent three hours there, working alone.

I am enjoying those trips to work. An opportunity to leave the house and the daily routine of the confinement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 16 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: