Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Coronavirus - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Just got back from the office. Spent three hours there, working alone.

I am enjoying those trips to work. An opportunity to leave the house and the daily routine of the confinement.

Agreed. My commute is about half the time due to no school busses and other people on the road. I was happy to go in today after not being at the bank since Saturday afternoon. There are only so many tent forts I can build with my daughter and times we kick a soccer ball around the yard. I just got my next weeks schedule sent to me a little while ago; and I am literally working 12:30 to 3:30pm on Monday and I am happy to just have that to look forward to. We have other bankers coming in for two hour shifts. It doesn't feel real; I feel so detached.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 9:26 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I am enjoying those trips to work. An opportunity to leave the house and the daily routine of the confinement.

Agreed. My commute is about half the time due to no school busses and other people on the road. I was happy to go in today after not being at the bank since Saturday afternoon. There are only so many tent forts I can build with my daughter and times we kick a soccer ball around the yard. I just got my next weeks schedule sent to me a little while ago; and I am literally working 12:30 to 3:30pm on Monday and I am happy to just have that to look forward to. We have other bankers coming in for two hour shifts. It doesn't feel real; I feel so detached.

Life isn't real at the moment. It is detached but it's becoming increasingly clear that the alternative would be horrific

We've just got to get through best way we can

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 6:06 am

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

. My commute is about half the time due to no school busses and other people on the road. I was happy to go in today after not being at the bank since Saturday afternoon. There are only so many tent forts I can build with my daughter and times we kick a soccer ball around the yard. I just got my next weeks schedule sent to me a little while ago; and I am literally working 12:30 to 3:30pm on Monday and I am happy to just have that to look forward to. We have other bankers coming in for two hour shifts. It doesn't feel real; I feel so detached.

My commute to work is a total of 2 miles. If I am lucky I hear one song on the way to work so it's gotta be a good one.

I go to work early, normally leave around 4:30AM, sometimes earlier. This morning I expected to see no one but cops on my tail. This is the first day of our stay at home order. So I was prepared just as work told me - have your company picture ID ready and a company letter in your vehicle at all times. I had my ID and my letter ready (basically saying we have over 51,000 employees nationwide, we manufacture paper and packaging products, etc). Not a cop in sight! In fact there were more vehicles out driving around than I normally at this time of morning on a trip to work.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 10:42 am

mikeinfla wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

. My commute is about half the time due to no school busses and other people on the road. I was happy to go in today after not being at the bank since Saturday afternoon. There are only so many tent forts I can build with my daughter and times we kick a soccer ball around the yard. I just got my next weeks schedule sent to me a little while ago; and I am literally working 12:30 to 3:30pm on Monday and I am happy to just have that to look forward to. We have other bankers coming in for two hour shifts. It doesn't feel real; I feel so detached.

My commute to work is a total of 2 miles. If I am lucky I hear one song on the way to work so it's gotta be a good one.

I go to work early, normally leave around 4:30AM, sometimes earlier. This morning I expected to see no one but cops on my tail. This is the first day of our stay at home order. So I was prepared just as work told me - have your company picture ID ready and a company letter in your vehicle at all times. I had my ID and my letter ready (basically saying we have over 51,000 employees nationwide, we manufacture paper and packaging products, etc). Not a cop in sight! In fact there were more vehicles out driving around than I normally at this time of morning on a trip to work.

I am also surprised with the number of cars on the road, despite the curfew. People are still trying to lead a normal life, i guess.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 10:45 am

I did wake up to a nice surprise today: a cd in my mail! It's Witchhammer's The Lost Tapes.

Great norwegian speed/thrash metal.

It's an album i had ordered about three weeks ago.

Hopefully I will receive Demons and Wizzards III and Ozzy's Ordinary Man within the next two weeks.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Well the governor of Missouri just announced a statewide "stay at home" order.  We were on of the few dozen or so states left in the US that didn't have one.  Not that anything really changes for me since my county was under such an order anyway; I haven't left the house since Monday and that was just to give a coworker some of the hand sanitizer I have (I have a hatchback SUV with an automated hatch control and I made her pick it up and only "talked" to her from her car to my car). 

And now the CDC is recommending all of us wear some kind of facial covering when going out to grocery store and the like.  This does nothing to protect you but is supposed to keep you from spreading corona virus to others.  But you're not supposed to try to buy a mask or something; you're supposed to create something out of a scarf, bandana or something similar.  Uh huh.  Sorry, I'm not doing that on my once a week trip to the grocery store where all the cashiers are behind Plexiglas shields; the only person at risk there is me. 

Great time to be a robber though. You can go into stores with a mask on and everyone will just think you're following the CDC guideline.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 11:23 pm

Coronavirus - Page 17 Fb_img10
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 8:26 pm

Okay, not much is making me smile at the moment but Trump has made me laugh out loud!

When asked why him and Pence were standing inches apart and not obeying their own social distancing rules he said 'We only have a small platform up here, I wish it could be bigger, I really do'

This is the man who has pledged two trillion dollars to the fight against Covid 19, he has re purposed whole sections of industry, massively increased testing, enlisted the resources of the U.S military including sailing hospital ships to NYC. But apparently the only thing too big for him is getting a bigger platform to keep the President and the Vice President safely separated! lol!

God help us!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Okay, not much is making me smile at the moment but Trump has made me laugh out loud!

When asked why him and Pence were standing inches apart and not obeying their own social distancing rules he said 'We only have a small platform up here, I wish it could be bigger, I really do'

This is the man who has pledged two trillion dollars to the fight against Covid 19, he has re purposed whole sections of industry, massively increased testing, enlisted the resources of the U.S military including sailing hospital ships to NYC. But apparently the only thing too big for him is getting a bigger platform to keep the President and the Vice President safely separated! lol!  

God help us!

I can see what you’re saying as far as “setting an example”, but maybe they already have been tested and both are clear. But yeah, they should stand the full 6 feet apart.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 4:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

God help us!

I can see what you’re saying as far as “setting an example”, but maybe they already have been tested and both are clear. But yeah, they should stand the full 6 feet apart.

I get what you are saying but I also think that these guys think that they are somehow above this, too well protected etc.... They are not! Boris Johnson has now been moved to intensive care just a couple of weeks after flaunting simple rules and shaking hands left right and centre at the start of this.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 5:09 pm

So,...I am quarantined until further notice while a colleague awaits test results. She left the bank a little after we opened this morning. I had to close down and do nothing for the next several hours till I could lock up and set the alarm, then join a conference call on the ride home with several other bankers who had contact with her. I don't think she is sick with Covid, given her symptoms (and her prevalence for being a drama queen) but obviously I am not a trained medical professional. She really should have just stayed home and I would have got another colleague from a nearby branch to come and help me open.
Corporate security called me and couldn't believe I was sitting alone in an empty bank with almost all the lights out. We had a good chuckle. I couldn't have anyone come down for fear of contamination and, therefore had to close for the day. I am extremely grateful that I am being paid through all of this, but I am just so friggin' tired of this shit!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 10:01 pm

Since I am a janitor, I am an essential worker. What would take me an hour to get to work and an hour and a half to get home, its down to 40 minutes each way. I love that part!! People are going crazy already where I work. My tasks have doubled and it sucks!!! This needs to get back to normal soon!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 11:19 pm

the sentinel wrote:
So,...I am quarantined until further notice while a colleague awaits test results. She left the bank a little after we opened this morning. I had to close down and do nothing for the next several hours till I could lock up and set the alarm, then join a conference call on the ride home with several other bankers who had contact with her. I don't think she is sick with Covid, given her symptoms (and her prevalence for being a drama queen) but obviously I am not a trained medical professional. She really should have just stayed home and I would have got another colleague from a nearby branch to come and help me open.
Corporate security called me and couldn't believe I was sitting alone in an empty bank with almost all the lights out. We had a good chuckle. I couldn't have anyone come down for fear of contamination and, therefore had to close for the day. I am extremely grateful that I am being paid through all of this, but I am just so friggin' tired of this shit!

Quarantined as if locked in your own room at home, with no contact whatsoever with the family? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Quarantined as if locked in your own room at home, with no contact whatsoever with the family? Seriously?

Thankfully, no. I am not allowed at work (along with a few others) as I may have been exposed to someone who may have the virus. And I am not supposed to leave my home until further notice. We are just being overly cautious is all. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2020 3:45 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Thankfully, no. I am not allowed at work (along with a few others) as I may have been exposed to someone who may have the virus. And I am not supposed to leave my home until further notice. We are just being overly cautious is all. Smile

Cool. You should still be careful, especially with the family around, at home.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 3:00 am

Lockdown and curfew have been extended to 2 more weeks...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 6:40 pm

I've started a new game called "Toilet Paper Lottery".  Every day I log onto Amazon a few times during the day and see if I can score decent toilet paper at a decent price.  So far I've "won" the game twice; I bought a 6 pack of Cottonelle Mega-rolls and last night I hit the TP Power Ball scoring a case of Quilted Northern (24 rolls) that I scheduled for delivery to my mother.  Both times as soon as I confirmed my order the item went to "currently unavailable".

I swear when I'm able to successfully place an order I hear the same celestial choirs I hear when I spot a long sought-after beer.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 7:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've started a new game called "Toilet Paper Lottery".  Every day I log onto Amazon a few times during the day and see if I can score decent toilet paper at a decent price.  So far I've "won" the game twice; I bought a 6 pack of Cottonelle Mega-rolls and last night I hit the TP Power Ball scoring a case of Quilted Northern (24 rolls) that I scheduled for delivery to my mother.  Both times as soon as I confirmed my order the item went to "currently unavailable".

I swear when I'm able to successfully place an order I hear the same celestial choirs I hear when I spot a long sought-after beer.

Toho, you are awesome!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 8:24 pm

It's so bizarre; you really just have to have dumb luck when you log in.  It's exactly like pulling the arm on a one-armed bandit machine.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 10:41 pm

I've also placed an order with Amazon for 5 washable face masks.

I'm pretty sure I don't have Covid (in fact the more we find out about it the more I think that's what floored me for a week back in early March).  But I've noticed that when you go grocery shopping people have started giving the "stink eye" to anyone not wearing some kind of face covering.  So...fine...I ordered a set of 5 washable ones just so people don't think I'm some evil, selfish person. 

But the masks aren't scheduled for delivery until next weekend so I guess I'll stay home for another week.  No problem; I have plenty of TP, food, cat litter, cat food, vodka and beer....what else could I want?

Seriously, the people I really feel for are those who have lost their jobs because of this thing.  It's one thing to lose your job because you suck at it but it's something completely different when you're good at your job, you like it and suddenly you're unemployed; completely out of nowhere because of something totally out of your control.  I'm not really good at sympathizing/empathizing with people but even I can feel that pain.  That just sucks.  My heart goes out to people in that situation.

Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 12:31 am

Gilbert wrote:
Lockdown and curfew have been extended to 2 more weeks...

The same thing has happened here. It doesn't really affect me all that much as I'll just continue to work from home. Going to the shops might now be more of a hassle because of the queues, and there are some things that I would like to buy but can't because they've been deemed "non-essential", but that's nothing compared to people who have lost their jobs or won't be paid because they're not working, so I'll echo Toho's sentiment.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 6:56 am

At least the golf courses are open. I've already started my.season.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 10:51 am

This is a very long video but it's definitely worth watching in times of confinement, in case you haven't seen it yet:

Makes me miss going music shopping:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 10:56 am

Our esteemed Governor has decree'd that effective immediately, some sort of face covering (mask, bandana etc.) is required for anyone going into a retail business.

So I just bought a 30 pack of beer at the liquor store with a bandanna over my face. I have never felt more ridiculous in my entire life. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 11:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
It's so bizarre; you really just have to have dumb luck when you log in.  It's exactly like pulling the arm on a one-armed bandit machine.

Cristina has been buying a lot from Amazon as we have been getting deliveries all week and Alexa always seems to be blinking green for a notification. It's been a variety too - from an Ozzy album to protein bars and powders to bubble bath for our daughter. Stuff is showing up in a couple of days, tops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 17 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: