Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament

Go down 
+16
Jedilink
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
TheGooch
Required Fields
arttieTHE1manparty
kmorg
mc666
Troublezone
brontotex
DallasBlack
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
caniplaywithmadness?
scottmitchell74
Shiney
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:38 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
So, in the last couple months I've picked up First Strike Still Deadly and Formation of Damnation.

I really enjoy these both and in fact they approach what is my favorite kind of Thrash. Not that I don't like other kinds, but this fast, romping melodic kind is my favorite.

Did I stumble on their two best somehow, or would I enjoy others of theirs equally?

Also, who else crafts such tasty romps like Testament?
you really need The Gathering to experience Testament completely. all of their albums are good though.

as far as bands similar to what Testament is doing on Formation... Flotsam & Jetsam, Metal Church, Megadeth & the like. Testament have veered away from the balls out death/thrash of Low/Demonic/The Gathering. Formation is a great album, but much different than those 3 (which were all somewhat different from each other).

also...they never played death metal. Chuck just used a more harsh vocal style which might have bordered on death metal.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:41 am

Testament rulz!!!!!!!!!! headbanger

I've at one time or another had every Testament album. Unfortunatly like many converts to Christianity, I got rid of a bunch of CDs including Legacy through The Gathering. Now I have The Ritual and the new one and the rest are on my want list (among many-too many-others).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:51 am

i never really got into testament to be honest although believe me i have tried. maybe they are one of those bands you needed to have actually been born and know to like
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:03 pm

One of my favorite bands since high school!
Back to top Go down

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 3:05 pm

Great band I love them.
Back to top Go down

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:18 pm

Believe it or not, I don't yet own any Testament. I started reading about them on nolifetilmetal months before I joined this board, but haven't been able to buy any of their stuff since I've had no money for a while. When I do get little bits of money here and there it goes to my highest priority albums, which lately have seemed to be expensive imports (I live in a small city where metal is pretty expensive). I've listened to a lot of their stuff on youtube and I absolutely love it. I'll be buying some of their stuff as soon as I'm working this fall.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:02 am

Excellent band. The new album is awesome!!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:10 am

The new album is most excellent!
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:24 am

The new album absolutely kills. It's about time a real thrash band who's been around since the 80s puts out something true to their original identity. Usually, old bands will put out something, claiming it's a "return to their roots", and stuff, but it falls short, somehow. But not this one! I would put it right up against The Legacy or The New Order any day!

Can't wait to see em on the Masters of Metal Tour!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:27 pm

I saw this little blurb and thought it was interesting. I guess Alex is touring with Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

TESTAMENT recruited guitarist Glen Drover (ex-MEGADETH, KING DIAMOND) to fill in for Alex Skolnick on the band's recent Mexican tour dates with JUDAS PRIEST.

Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testament   Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2