Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 12:50 am

Finished watching Waco. Started watching the Ted Bundy Tapes.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 2:16 pm

Hell Of The Living Dead

Crappy Italian zombie flick directed by Bruno Mattei in which a chemical leak at a plant in Papua New Guinea causes the staff and surrounding natives to turn into flesh eating zombies. The standard action ensues broken up by plenty of stock jungle footage, including showing animals I'm pretty sure aren't native to New Guinea. For zombie fans only.

The Children (1980)

A gaseous leak at a nuclear plant envelopes a school bus with 5 children aboard. The gas turns them into zombie-like creatures with black fingernails and a microwave touch, able to get anyone they touch. It's up to the town sheriff and one of the children's dad to put a stop to the seemingly indestructible kids. Silly low-budget fun.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 3:26 pm

Gummo
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 6:04 pm

nevermore wrote:
Gummo

I watched that a long, long time ago and it made zero sense.  Isn't that the one with the little kid sitting in a tub of filthy water while eating a plate of spaghetti?  That's the only thing I remember about it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 6:07 pm

Finished Stacy.  I forgot how pretentious and ridiculous the ending is.  But other than that it's an enjoyable, ultra-gory zombie flick.

Started another over-the-top Asian zombie-esque movie called "Helldriver".  This one stars the lovely Eihi Shiina of "Audition" and "Tokyo Gore Police" fame.  She's like the Jamie Lee Curtis of Asian horror movies.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 6:57 pm

"Demolition Man" (1993)

A two-fisted, all-guns-blazing 20th century cop, cryogenically frozen in 1996, is thawed out in the year 2032 when his arch enemy (Wesley Snipes, clearly having the time of his life) resurfaces in the ultra-PC, docile, dull-as-dirt California of the future. Obviously bullets fly, cars crash, and things frequently explode as Sly shows the wimpy future cops (incl. a cute-as-hell young Sandra Bullock) how he handled crime back in the day.
This elaborate, satirical sci-fi action flick gets a lot of laughs out Stallone's attempts to adjust to the dystopian 21st century, but doesn't hold back when it comes to action sequences, which are still impressive today. One of Sly's better mid-career efforts.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 5:04 pm

John Wick: Chapter 3
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Wow!  No wonder I didn't remember "Helldriver"; this thing is almost incomprehensible!  Something about aliens somehow turning the Northern part of Japan into a zombie-esque wasteland where the "zombies" grow T-shaped "antlers" out of their brains.  People soon discover that grinding up these "antlers" and ingesting them produces a drug-like high.  But if you do too much your head explodes so "harvesting" zombie antlers becomes illegal and police dressed like the "Triangle Head" from Silent Hill enforce the no-antler harvesting rule. 

And that's only after about the first 45 minutes.  Good grief, this flick makes even less logical sense than Tokyo Gore Police (believe it or not) but at least it's full of extreme gore and FX that vary from great to ludicrously silly stuff like stop-motion animation. 

One thing "Helldriver" isn't, is boring.

Sideshow...if you haven't already seen this Japanese monstrosity put it on your list ASAP!  It's right up the same wacky Japanese extreme alley you and I both love.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Demolition Man" (1993)

A two-fisted, all-guns-blazing 20th century cop, cryogenically frozen in 1996, is thawed out in the year 2032 when his arch enemy (Wesley Snipes, clearly having the time of his life) resurfaces in the ultra-PC, docile, dull-as-dirt California of the future. Obviously bullets fly, cars crash, and things frequently explode as Sly shows the wimpy future cops (incl. a cute-as-hell young Sandra Bullock) how he handled crime back in the day.
This elaborate, satirical sci-fi action flick gets a lot of laughs out Stallone's attempts to adjust to the dystopian 21st century, but doesn't hold back when it comes to action sequences, which are still impressive today. One of Sly's better mid-career efforts.

Great flick! I watched this a few months back. I remember seeing it in the theaters when it premiered. I have always wondered if Dennis Rodman took his look in the late 1990's from one Simon Phoenix?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 8:40 pm

I will attempt to finish, Out Of the Blue, tonight. It's very good, but it's almost 2 hours long, and by the time I stretch out on the couch it's already around 10pm or later, and I just fall asleep after about 20-25 mins. or so.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 9:19 pm

"The Substitute 4: Failure Is Not An Option" (2001)

Treat Williams' third and final go-round as the avenging educator sends him to an exclusive military academy, where a crazed commandant is recruiting the school's elite cadets for a white-supremacist army.
Treat and the supporting cast do their best, but the action is hampered by the movie's obvious made-for-cable budget restraints.
I guess if you've seen the other 3 "Substitutes," you might as well watch this one to run the table, but otherwise there's no real need to bother with it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 10:06 pm

manny wrote:
John Wick: Chapter 3

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 10:06 pm

I just watched the new Family Guy episode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4600

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2020 11:08 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow!  No wonder I didn't remember "Helldriver"; this thing is almost incomprehensible!  Something about aliens somehow turning the Northern part of Japan into a zombie-esque wasteland where the "zombies" grow T-shaped "antlers" out of their brains.  People soon discover that grinding up these "antlers" and ingesting them produces a drug-like high.  But if you do too much your head explodes so "harvesting" zombie antlers becomes illegal and police dressed like the "Triangle Head" from Silent Hill enforce the no-antler harvesting rule. 

And that's only after about the first 45 minutes.  Good grief, this flick makes even less logical sense than Tokyo Gore Police (believe it or not) but at least it's full of extreme gore and FX that vary from great to ludicrously silly stuff like stop-motion animation. 

One thing "Helldriver" isn't, is boring.

Sideshow...if you haven't already seen this Japanese monstrosity put it on your list ASAP!  It's right up the same wacky Japanese extreme alley you and I both love.

Very Happy Very Happy OOOOOHHHHHHH, sounds fun! I'll add to that my ever growing list... lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 6:52 am

Wildling (2018)

A young girl lives her life in captivity and taught to fear the outside world. As she matures, she seems to sicken and asks to be put out of her misery. Her "father" instead turns the gun on himself. The girl ends up in the custody of the local sheriff (Luv Tyler) and it soon becomes clear there is more to the girl than meets the eye.

Terrifier (2016)

A murderous silent clown stalks 2 drunken girls in their way home from a Halloween party in this violent gory flick. Not much of a story but the violence keeps your attention.

Konga (1961)

A botanist lost in the jungle for a year returns with a pet chimp named Kinga. The botanist's experiments with plant serum and primates creates a serum which transforms the chimp into a gorilla. He's able to hypnotize the gorilla to do his bidding and eliminate his enemies, however this soon backfires on him. A silly movie with poor effects (it is a 1961 movie after all) that promises a giant gorilla, which you get for the last 15 minutes or so.

Deathstalker (1983)

An heroic swordsman is on a quest to retrieve 3 items held by an evil wizard. Along the way, he enters a tournament and then must rescue a princess (Barbi Benton). Just about every sword and sorcery cliche is crammed into this, with plenty of action and t & a.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 9:20 am

I've been re-watching 30 Rock.

I don't think I tuned into that show till mid-way through the first season or so in it's original run, cause I don't remember anything from these early episodes. It's all new-ish to me. Good stuff.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2020 6:15 pm

Watched more of Helldriver.  What a bizarre flick this is!  It didn't occur to me that there were no title or opening credits until they suddenly appeared at about 50 minutes into the movie (!).  And now I know why I bought this movie; it's by the same team that brought us "Machine Girl" and "Tokyo Gore Police" and believe it or not it's even goofier than those two movies.  Some of the stuff that happens in this movie is so out there you have to see it to believe it.  This goes beyond the "Three Stooges With Blood" comparison I usually use for this kind of film; this is more like "Three Stooges And Monty Python Drop Acid - (With Blood)".

EDIT:
Holy crap!  This movie makes less sense as it goes along!  Good grief, a zombie car constructed out of "living" zombie parts on the fly while in the middle of a car chase between our "heroes" and one of the main baddie zombies? 

I mean I love my gratuitous Asian gore movies but this one is really pushing my tolerances. It's making Tokyo Gore Police look like Shakespeare.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2020 7:42 pm

I am still hooked on UFO docs. cool
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 6:26 am

Got caught up on Penny Dreadful:City Of Angels
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 9:20 am

The new Seinfeld stand-up special on Netflix wasn't bad. Not hysterical, but I LOL'ed a few times. Jerry seemed much more animated and angry than usual. He's becoming a cranky old man.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 2:17 am

The Cell 2(2008)-direct to DVD sequel to the 2000 J. Lo film about an agent with psychic powers, trying to track down a serial killer known as the Cusp who has abducted the niece of a small town sheriff.  I don't remember all that much about the first film, but I'm sure it was better than this one.  Smaller budget and actors who sleepwalk their way through their roles didn't help the entertainment level much.  Mixed emotions from me so I'm giving it somewhere between 1.5 and 2.0 out of 5.  Just can't make up my mind about this one. don\'t know
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 6:28 am

Takes From The Hood (1995)

"Urban" take on the horror anthology genre with four varied stories, framed by Clarence Williams III as a dietician regaling 3 street kids searching for "found" drugs. Pretty decent film with a lousy soundtrack Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 6:43 am

On season 3 of 'Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 11:46 am

"Freejack" (1992)

A 1990s race-car driver (Emilio Estevez) is teleported out of a crash a split second before he would have been killed and finds himself on the run in the dystopian New York City of 2009 (hah!), where dying rich elites routinely pluck healthy bodies out of the past to transfer their minds into, as a way of achieving immortality.

This fast paced, dumb but fun sci-fi action thriller is worth a watch mainly for the stunt casting of Mick Jagger, who plays the bounty hunter who pursues Estevez's character.  I swear he has the same "What the hell am I doing in this movie? Remind me to fire my agent" look on his face for the entire film. Sir Anthony Hopkins, who was still on his post-"Silence of the Lambs" victory lap at the time, shows up for a quick paycheck playing the film's Big Bad, and Renee "Lethal Weapon Babe" Russo, as Estevez's love interest, doesn't get to do much except stand behind Emilio and look concerned.

I'm sure the "virtual reality" special effects were pretty whiz-bang in 1992 but they've aged horribly, and as an added Metal Nerd Bonus cherry on top, the end credit theme is the Scorpions' "Hit Between the Eyes." It all adds up to a fine example of entertaining early '90s cheese!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 6:27 pm

Finished "Helldriver" on the elliptical today.  OMG, the last 30 minutes is off-the-charts ludicrous lunacy; not even a remote attempt at making any sense (like a giant flying plane constructed entirely of zombies and zombie parts propelled by two missles that were launched at but instead grabbed by a giant zombie composed of the same zombies and zombie parts).  Seriously, that happens in this nutty movie.  I swear the director of Tokyo Gore Police got some of his buddies together, did some serious shrooms and started spitballing ideas for a new gore flick and this is what they came up with.

Sideshow, put this one at the top of your list of Japanese silly gore flicks!  You won't believe this one; it makes Tokyo Gore Police and Machine Girl look like Shakespeare.

Next up is "Meatball Machine".

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next