Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 9:04 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Just got done watching Nightbreed. I always liked this movie, even though it's kinda cheesy in parts. I just like the twist that the true monsters in it are the humans.

I've heard that Nightbreed was actually intended to be the first chapter in a series of movies. Too bad that never panned out. I love the creature designs in the film.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 10:44 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Just got done watching Nightbreed. I always liked this movie, even though it's kinda cheesy in parts. I just like the twist that the true monsters in it are the humans.

I've heard that Nightbreed was actually intended to be the first chapter in a series of movies.  Too bad that never panned out.  I love the creature designs in the film.
That would have been awesome. I never knew it was even a thought, too bad nobody followed up with it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39405

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 11:20 am

Over the weekend I watched

Dolls (1987)

A group of stranded motorists end up in a creepy mansion that house and elderly couple who specializes in doll making. The house is loaded with the things. As the night rolls on, it becomes apparent that there are more to the dolls than meets the eye. Decent enough film with some slight gore.

Child's Play (2019)

Unnecessary remake of the cult 80s classic. Updated to a modern version of Chucky, not dealing with the supernatural/voodoo of before. It wasn't too bad of a film but I'd rather just stick with the original.

Patrick (1978)

Australian film about a creepy dude in a comatose state who's mind is actually highly functional and also possessing telekinetic abilities. He becomes obsessed with his new caretaker and plans on eliminating anyone in his way. Great potential but a bit of a let down.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 12:18 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I've heard that Nightbreed was actually intended to be the first chapter in a series of movies.  Too bad that never panned out.  I love the creature designs in the film.
That would have been awesome. I never knew it was even a thought, too bad nobody followed up with it.

If you see the Director's Cut or the "Cabal version" of Nightbreed you can see the setup for future installments in the ending. The Breed sitting in a barn awaiting the return of Boone/Cabal.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 12:50 pm

I didn't make it thru "Holidays". It was just plain stupid and beyond dumb. Netflix has some real stinkers. Just started Cadaver on Neflix, have no idea what it is about.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4600

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 6:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

If you see the Director's Cut or the "Cabal version" of Nightbreed you can see the setup for future installments in the ending.  The Breed sitting in a barn awaiting the return of Boone/Cabal.

I loved Nightbreed! Laughing nostalgia, baby Very Happy For the most part, they stayed fairly in line with Clive Barker's book. Minus the berserkers thing, I believe. Would have enjoyed seeing more.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 11:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

If you see the Director's Cut or the "Cabal version" of Nightbreed you can see the setup for future installments in the ending.  The Breed sitting in a barn awaiting the return of Boone/Cabal.

Yeah I did watch that version, and knew it was open for a sequel, I just didn't think in terms of a whole series of films.

One thing that happened, after watching the movie last night, I dragged out my books of blood books to re-read. Been at least fifteen years since I've read them, so it's time to revisit them again. I might read Cabal again too after I finish those. Clive is by far my favorite author, wish he would get to work and write some new stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 8:01 am

Ever read "Weaveworld"? It's a little different from Barker's usual writing.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 am

I need to revisit "Nightbreed," I haven't seen it since the VHS era.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 10:23 am

Nightbreed really should be a mini series. The film has so much crammed into it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39405

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 10:42 am

I see Nightbreed pop up on my Amazon Prime list but never got around to checking it out. I'm going to have to change that.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 10:55 am

tohostudios wrote:
Ever read "Weaveworld"?  It's a little different from Barker's usual writing.
Oh yeah, read just about everything he's written. There might be a couple short stories he's slipped by me, but from what I know I've read all his books. Eagerly awaiting Abarat 4 & 5. Read recently that 4 might be out soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 11:06 am

tohostudios wrote:
Nightbreed really should be a mini series.  The film has so much crammed into it.

There's a TV series in development, to be directed by Michael Dougherty of "Krampus" and "Trick r Treat" fame.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/nightbreed-tv-show-lands-godzilla-director-clive-barker-returns/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 1:47 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Borat-2-poster-scaled

I laughed a lot watching this! Very funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 3:45 pm

Schlock-tober continues...

"Tunnels" (aka "Criminal Act," 1989)

Tubi bamboozled me on this one. I had never heard of this movie, but I was intrigued by their capsule plot description, which said "Beneath the streets of New York, two reporters investigate sightings of giant rats in the city's sewer system." From that, I was expecting to see some cheap subterranean monster action ala C.H.U.D. or Alligator. No such luck.

Instead, this dull as dirt, meandering, poorly acted, no budget pseudo-thriller features two lady reporters (one of whom is played by Catherine "Daisy Duke" Bach) whose pursuit of the rat legend ends up in some abandoned tunnels beneath the city, where a crooked land developer is imprisoning the local homeless population so he can sell them to human traffickers ... or something like that. No giant rats, no monsters, nothing interesting happens. Boooooo!

So unless you're still maintaining a boyhood crush on Ms. Bach (like me) there's absolutely no reason to sit through this flick, which completely fails at being a horror film, a suspense thriller, or even a "good" bad movie.

AVOID.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2020 3:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40