Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 9:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Ozark Season 3 dropped yesterday. I'm up to the third episode. Great show!

I need to catch up on this. I saw season 3 was out, only to realize we never watched season 2. Not sure what happened as I liked season 1 very much.

The only thing I can think is that we watched the first season, then while we waited for season 2 to come along, we got caught up in something else and just forgot about it.

Blaze thru Season 2 then start Season 3. I should've gone back and watched the last couple of episodes from Season 2 before starting 3 because it's been a while. So far season 3 is as good as the first 2
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 9:34 pm

007 wrote:
The Room (2019)

A young couple (including Bond girl Olga Kurylenko) but a secluded house and while renovating it, discover a hidden room. It's soon discovered that the room will grant any wish. And as anyone who knows anything about these types of situations, nothing good can come from it. Enjoyable, if a bit predictable.

Does Tommy Wiseau make an appearance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm

My Name Is Earl
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 7:31 pm

MASH
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 8:03 pm

007 wrote:
MASH

I have that entire series on DVD and I'm thinking about binge watching it. I tried that once before during the dregs of winter when there are no sports I really care about happening but I only got up to about season 6 before baseball season started and then I lost interest.

Well hell, we're in the "dregs of winter" now (even though it's spring) and who knows how long this current sports purgatory is going to last so this might be a good time to try again.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2020 10:17 pm

"Them" (1954)

Atom bomb tests in the Nevada desert create mutated, giant ants.  Two queens and their consorts escape and threaten all of humanity if they start nests.

This is the apex of the 50's "giant bug" movies IMO.  The FX, though primitive by today's standards, still hold up pretty well (they were nominated for an Academy Award the year the film was made).  And the science behind the way the giant ants behave is pretty solid.

Plus there's the classic scene where the little girl in shock, the only surviving member of her family, smells formic acid and starts screaming "Them!!!  Them!!! Them!!!!"

This is better than most of the "B movies" that comprise the "giant bug movie" catalog.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 6:34 am

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
MASH

I have that entire series on DVD and I'm thinking about binge watching it.  I tried that once before during the dregs of winter when there are no sports I really care about happening but I only got up to about season 6 before baseball season started and then I lost interest.  

Well hell, we're in the "dregs of winter" now (even though it's spring) and who knows how long this current sports purgatory is going to last so this might be a good time to try again.

MASH is somewhat new to me, I never really watched it growing up. I try to catch it on MeTV every night. All of the episodes are new to me but I am not sure MeTV shows them in order. Would love to see the last episode again, that was really the only one I watched when I was a kid and I haven't seen it since.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 5:26 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
MASH

I have that entire series on DVD and I'm thinking about binge watching it.  I tried that once before during the dregs of winter when there are no sports I really care about happening but I only got up to about season 6 before baseball season started and then I lost interest.  

MASH is somewhat new to me, I  never really watched it growing up. I try to catch it on MeTV every night. All of the episodes are new to me but I am not sure MeTV shows them in order. Would love to see the last episode again, that was really the only one I watched when I was a kid and I haven't seen it since.

MeTV does show them pretty much in order. That's where I usually watch it, although I do own the first 5 seasons on dvd. And keep an eye out because MeTV will show the final 2 hour finale from time to time.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 5:27 pm

Married With Children
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Howl (2015)

A late night train leaves London on a dark and stormy night. It screeches to a halt along a stretch of forest and becomes stranded. It pains become apparent that a supernatural beast is stalking the train for prey.

Deadtime Stories (1986)

Anthology film with 3 tales based on old time fairy tales, including a peasant boy sold into slavery to 2 witches, a girl in red and a werewof, and a murderous Goldilocks and a crime family, the Baers. Very tongue in cheek-ish and silly, and not very good.

Deadtime Stories Vol.2 (2010)

Another anthology film with 3 tales, this one has a story of 3 friends trapped in a cave from a cave-in, a professor haunted by his mistress student's suicide, and a security guard stealing a cute for cancer for his dying wife. Much better stories this go around.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 5:59 pm

I'm pretty sure I've seen both those anthology films but I can't remember a damn thing about either one (I'm also pretty sure I was drunk for Deadtime Stories so not remembering that makes sense).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 6:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've seen both those anthology films but I can't remember a damn thing about either one (I'm also pretty sure I was drunk for Deadtime Stories so not remembering that makes sense).

The first one is easily forgettable, although the story with the witches did have some good practical effects.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 9:41 pm

Last night I watched "Love & Mercy", the story of Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys. Really excellent. My only qualm with it was the casting of John Cusack as the "present day" Brian. The 2 look absolutely nothing alike. Paul Dano on the other hand was spot-on as young Brian. And the way they filmed the scenes in the studio was cool. It felt like a documentary.

Brain Wilson is the poster boy for "tortured genius". Great movie, if a bit depressing.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've seen In The Mouth Of Madness (I pretty much check out anything with John Carpenter's name on it) but I can't remember a single thing about it.  I do remember that I though it was decent enough.  I guess I need to revisit it and since we can't go anywhere now seems like a good time.

I'm like you, toho. As soon as I saw John Carpenter's name on the VHS, I grabbed it and watched lol!

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. The acting is all rock solid, the script isn't bad, if a bit typical (kind of a mash up of Lovecraft and Stephen King). Almost entirely practical effects, which always tickles my bits. I wouldn't mind snagging it on DVD at some point... I haven't seen the movie in YEARS.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 2:24 am

The Church(1989)-during the renovation of a 700 year old church, a hidden chamber is discovered and breached, releasing demons/spirits that where sealed inside.  The people inside the church become trapped and fall under the influence of the evil that has escaped.  It's up to one of the priests and a teenage girl to find a way out and destroy the church.  Italian horror has always been kind of hit-or-miss for me personally, and while I have seen much worse than The Church, I have seen much better too.  The film seems to drag a little at times and there is not too much of the expected gore that Italian horror films where know for around this time.  Co-written and produced by Dario Argento (his daughter plays the teenage girl in the film), this film may have been worth a watch, but not much more.  I give it 2 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 5:52 am

007 wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
MASH

MASH is somewhat new to me, I  never really watched it growing up. I try to catch it on MeTV every night. All of the episodes are new to me but I am not sure MeTV shows them in order. Would love to see the last episode again, that was really the only one I watched when I was a kid and I haven't seen it since.

MeTV does show them pretty much in order. That's where I usually watch it, although I do own the first 5 seasons on dvd. And keep an eye out because MeTV will show the final 2 hour finale from time to time.

That's what I am hoping, someone told me they sometimes show it around Veteran's Day. I'd really like to see that one again, I only remember the chicken story and I don't remember who told it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 11:42 am

"The Avengers" (1998)

Ultra-posh gentleman secret agent Steed (Ralph Fiennes) and his foxy new partner Emma Peel (Uma Thurman) must stop a mad scientist (Sean Connery) who has figured out how to weaponize the weather, and plans to use it to hold the world for ransom.

Obviously not to be confused with the Marvel super-hero "Avengers," this is a high tech update of the cult British TV spy series from the swingin' Sixties. Unfortunately, it's pretty much a stiff. Connery certainly looks like he's having fun playing a Bond-style super-villain, and of course Uma looks great squeezed into Mrs. Peel's trademark skin tight leather catsuit, but the story is a muddle, endlessly going around in circles till stuff finally starts blowing up in the finale.

This flick was a major box office flop when it was released and legend has it that its failure hastened Sir Connery's decision to retire from acting. I can't say I blame him.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 5:16 pm

Well, Shudder is celebrating its Half Way To Halloween this month, and started streaming the Friday The 13th movies so I started watching them in order last last and made it up to Part 3 (originally in 3d, would have loved to have seen it that way).
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 6:08 am

Finished up Ozark Season 3 and it may be the best season yet. If you like dark shows, this one keeps getting more crazy as it goes on. Just when you think things can't get any worse they do. It's a little slow at first but picks up the pace quite a bit.

Everyone is talking about Tiger King. So I started it yesterday and am about 4 or 5 episodes in and it is a really ODD show. Not sure what to think of it so far it is just really strange. I would not call it great by any means but it is "out there" in left field.

Last edited by mikeinfla on Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 1:05 pm

Total Wipeout
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 3:14 pm

007 wrote:
Well, Shudder is celebrating its Half Way To Halloween this month, and started streaming the Friday The 13th movies so I started watching them in order last last and made it up to Part 3 (originally in 3d, would have loved to have seen it that way).
I did it see in 3-D when it first came out. Seeing snakes, arrows and eyeballs flying right into your face made for a great night at the movies! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2020 4:14 pm

cool

My Friday the 13th marathon continued:

The "Final" Chapter. Originally meant to actually be the last film in the series but since it made tons of cash, the series would continue on. Standard film in the series, with the victims systematically dispatched by the impossibly strong, masked killer Jason. However, this time he would meet his match in 12 Year old Tommy Jarvis (Corey Feldman).

A New Beginning (1985)

Releases just a year after the Final Chapter, the now adult Tommy Jarvis, suffering from his ordeal with Jason, is sent to a halfway house but suffers nightmares of Jason's return. Soon an unknown killer starts picking off the residents. Has Jason really returned? Tommy intends to find out, if he can survive. Another by the numbers Friday the 13th film. If you like the others, you'll like this one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 10:36 am

"Vinylmania: When Life Runs at 33 Revolutions Per Minute" (2011)

An avid record collector and DJ travels the world visiting record stores and pressing plants, and talking to fellow vinyl junkies about why the LP format continues to thrive and survive in the digital age.
A bit artsier and more pretentious than usual for this sort of doc, but it's still a fun watch. Maybe it's just me but I always get a kick out of seeing a copy of one of my favorite albums hanging on the wall of a record shop in Tokyo, or wherever. This was apparently the "Official Film of Record Store Day" in 2012, for whatever that's worth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 1:49 pm

Watched a documentary on black metal called Blackhearts. About 3 bands willing to do whatever it takes to get to Norway to play the Inferno Festival.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2020 5:18 pm

"You Only Live Twice" (1967)

James Bond travels to Japan, where SPECTRE has been stealing U.S. and Russian space capsules out of the sky in an attempt to kick start WWIII. Over the top action packed fun.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next