Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement

Go down 
+17
John Madden
Sword Of The Heretic
Eyesore
Boris2008
nevermore
assault_attack
manny
Wrecked Neck
glassprison
Troublezone
Glower
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
mikeinfla
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 11:42 pm

My question to Michael Sweet is why would he want to? Stryper out plays any of those bands!........ oh right, MONEY!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 4:49 am

Quote :
My question to Michael Sweet is why would he want to? Stryper out plays any of those bands!........ oh right, MONEY!

And when is a band like Stryper going to get an opportunity to play stadiums? Even playing an amphitheater is rare (they are listed as a late-afternoon billing on the M3 lineup this year). I think just about any 80s band still active would jump at this in an instant. Can't say I'm thrilled about Joan Jett, but I guess they had to have one non-"hair metal" band on the bill.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 11:48 am

Just got my tickets for the Milwaukee show! If you want to buy early use the password MOTLEYISBACK on the Motley Crue presale option on the Ticketmaster page for a given show.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 11:24 pm

I did not getting out of a contract was as easy as just blowing it up, tomorrow I am blowing up my loan argument with my bank and tell them no more mortgage payments from me!! I blew up the contract so the house is mine!!!! Thank you Motley Crue for teaching this important lesson in law.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 11:08 am

If you sit far back enough - you wont see their old age and their greedy sheet eating grins.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Glower wrote:
If you sit far back enough - you wont see their old age and their greedy sheet eating grins.
Yeah but will you still get to see the beach ball Vince is trying to hide under his shirt???
Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Vinceneilfebruary2019
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Glower wrote:
Yeah but will you still get to see the beach ball Vince is trying to hide under his shirt???
Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Vinceneilfebruary2019

If that picture is not doctored in anyway, that dude really let himself go.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 11:57 pm

This is exactly why I didn't see them on the "farewell" tour last time: and will no longer pay to see Ozzy or Kiss as they have been retiring since I was in college in the 1990's. The whole "cessation" bullshit was a gimmick from a band who has been nothing but a gimmick since 1987.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 1:15 am

I confidently predict that Joan will destroy the other bands nightly! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 4:02 am

007 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Glower wrote:

If that picture is not doctored in anyway, that dude really let himself go.
I don't know when it was taken, or if he still looks like that, but there are several other pictures of him where he looks just as big.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 4:03 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I confidently predict that Joan will destroy the other bands nightly! Very Happy
Most definitely! I'd almost pay to see just her, but I know most of the money would go to the other clowns on the bill, and they ain't getting shit from me.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 4:10 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Most definitely! I'd almost pay to see just her, but I know most of the money would go to the other clowns on the bill, and they ain't getting shit from me.

She's just done a run with Heart which if YouTube clips are anything to go by, would have been much better value for money as both band sounded great!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 4:16 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

She's just done a run with Heart which if YouTube clips are anything to go by, would have been much better value for money as both band sounded great!
I know, and I wanted to go so bad, but the ticket prices were a bit more than I was willing to pay.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 9:26 pm

Absolutely no disrespect to Joan Jett, but I feel it should have been another 1980's "hair" band (like Tesla, Ratt, or Dokken) rounding out the foursome. I think the promoters missed a chance to do a sort of Big 4 of Hair Metal or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2020 10:16 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Absolutely no disrespect to Joan Jett, but I feel it should have been another 1980's "hair" band (like Tesla, Ratt, or Dokken) rounding out the foursome. I think the promoters missed a chance to do a sort of Big 4 of Hair Metal or something like that.

Joan will be a concession to Nikki to try to give the tour the credibility he thinks it deserves. Rolling Eyes

I tend to agree, this won't be a good fit at all. They should get Ratt to complete the shitpile.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 10:33 pm

So the rumor is the big stadium tour is going to be cancelled...

https://sleazeroxx.com/rumour-that-the-stadium-tour-featuring-motley-crue-def-leppard-and-poison-to-be-cancelled/

...not that it would be a surprise to anyone at this point. Everything is cancelled until further notice. Crying or Very sad

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 9:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

https://sleazeroxx.com/rumour-that-the-stadium-tour-featuring-motley-crue-def-leppard-and-poison-to-be-cancelled/

...not that it would be a surprise to anyone at this point. Everything is cancelled until further notice. Crying or Very sad

Yeah, I saw that at SR a little while ago and I had 2 thoughts:

1- Screw the Crue
2- They would have routinely been embarrassed on a nightly basis by artists that put on a superior show
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2020 11:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

No surprise at all. I have tickets for KISS and David Lee Roth at the end of August. Hopefully by then, things will be back to normal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 3:40 pm

The stadium tour has officially been postponed till summer of 2021. By which time Mick Mars will have completely turned to stone and Vince will need a mobility scooter to wheel around on stage. Tommy still proclaims it will be “totally rad and epic, dude”.

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3