Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement

Go down 
+17
John Madden
Sword Of The Heretic
Eyesore
Boris2008
nevermore
assault_attack
manny
Wrecked Neck
glassprison
Troublezone
Glower
Gilbert
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
mikeinfla
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 4:43 pm

assault_attack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Can the singer still perform?

He has a three octave belch.

You give him to much credit! lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 5:30 pm

assault_attack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

You give him to much credit! lol!

Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 8:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Laughing very hard

Someone needs to hand this guy a 'cessation of eating pies' contract!!

Motley, Poison AND Def Lepard?

I will be seeing this show a lot if there really is a hell! grim reaper Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2019 6:23 am

I still do not believe these rumors, at least of the touring with Poison and Def Leppard. Def Leppard for decades have done their best to distance themselves from the entire pop/hair metal era, that ironically they helped fuel and create, so I cannot imagine they would agree to tour with either the Crue or Poison.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2019 7:16 am

I hope these clowns embarrass themselves. Mick ? Really ? With his health issues ?
I watched a movie “ Babe “ - Babe Ruth Story, John Goodman. Pretty good Smile
But there’s one scene - the owners talk about aging Babe as just a side show thing that now brings money in.
He overhears it in the hallway and is crushed. I see Crue - at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 7:45 am

manny wrote:
I still do not believe these rumors, at least of the touring with Poison and Def Leppard. Def Leppard for decades have done their best to distance themselves from the entire pop/hair metal era, that ironically they helped fuel and create, so I cannot imagine they would agree to tour with either the Crue or Poison.

Pretty sure they've already toured with Poison a few times. Once, for sure.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 2:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
manny wrote:

Pretty sure they've already toured with Poison a few times. Once, for sure.

Yes, most recently they toured together in 2016. The bill was Tesla / Poison / Def Leppard.

Prior to that they toured together in 2012 with Lita Ford opening; and also in 2009 with Cheap Trick opening.

The last outing was really successful, and I think DL has come to terms with the fact that the 80s bands they tour with are generating more ticket sales than the classic rock bands they've tried touring with, like Styx or REO Speedwagon.

Personally I would think Motley is more irritated by having Poison on the bill. They did tour together in 2011, but with the New York Dolls opening, who I'm sure were added to the bill to secure whatever "street cred" Nikki Sixx imagines he has.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 1:09 am

Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 76706813
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 4:54 am

And he had a face lift performed on TV !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 8:43 am

Man he is so out of shape...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 4:42 pm

He looks like El Duce from the Mentors wearing a blonde wig.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 11:42 pm

It's hilarious that just about every chick I knew back then would have sold their soul to bang him. Wonder what they think now. affraid

Last edited by Wrecked Neck on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Troublezone wrote:

He's giving me Sam Kinison vibes (except Sam could sing lol! )
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2019 3:12 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
It's hilarious that just about every chick I knew back then would have sold their soul to band him. Wonder what they think now. affraid
Nobody looks as good as they did 30 years ago. I don't understand the hate here. I agree he should lose some weight. Nobody likes being overweight.Not sure why everybody's piling on him after such a legendary career. Many of you would have loved to be them back in the Shout at the Devil days. They had extraordinary lives most people can only dream of. Now that they've entertained us and now are old, people can't wait to throw them out like yesterday's trash.Sad.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2019 7:39 pm

John Madden wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
It's hilarious that just about every chick I knew back then would have sold their soul to band him. Wonder what they think now. affraid
Nobody looks as good as they did 30 years ago. I don't understand the hate here. I agree he should lose some weight. Nobody likes being overweight.Not sure why everybody's piling on him after such a legendary career. Many of you would have loved to be them back in the Shout at the Devil days. They had extraordinary lives most people can only dream of. Now that they've entertained us and now are old, people can't wait to throw them out like yesterday's trash.Sad.
Age has nothing to do with it. My "hate" comes from being lied to by these bands that make big deals about retirement, then a few years later come back and tour for another couple decades. I could care less if bands go on for years well after their prime days, just don't lie and ripoff your fan base like they did.

I also can't stand Vince Neil because he's a douche in real life and I have no use for the asshole.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2019 10:39 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

He's giving me Sam Kinison vibes (except Sam could sing lol! )

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2019 9:27 am

Michael Sweet says that STRYPER is "the most logical choice" to open the rumored MÖTLEY CRÜE tour with DEF LEPPARD and POISON.

Less than two weeks ago, MÖTLEY CRÜE announced that it was coming out of retirement, nearly four years after playing what was billed as the band's final concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The same day, Rolling Stone reported that CRÜE will embark on a stadium tour with DEF LEPPARD and POISON in 2020, but that has yet to be officially confirmed.

Earlier today, Sweet took to his social media to argue that STRYPER should be added to CRÜE's upcoming trek, explaining that his openly Christian band's addition to the package "would work perfectly."

He wrote: "4 reasons @Stryper is the most logical choice to be the 1st of 4 on the MÖTLEY CRÜE tour:

1. Because MÖTLEY CRÜE has never done things 'by the book'. They've always surprised people, and adding STRYPER to the tour would definitely raise some eyebrows.

2. Musically it works. It just does. I look at our audiences every night and see MÖTLEY CRÜE and DEF LEPPARD & POISON T-shirts. Whether we all want to admit it or not, we have the same fan bases for the most part. Albeit their fan base is much larger than ours, but musically I think it would work perfectly. STRYPER is at the top of our game musically right now. And I think the entire tour will be performing at its best.

3. The encore could be an epic mash-up of 'Shout At The Devil' and 'To Hell With The Devil'

4. More than ever in the history of music we need someone to make a bold statement that says "No matter how different we may seem, as human beings we're really all the same." This is MÖTLEY CRÜE's chance to unite a very divided world right now. For them to say 'Yeah, we may (or may not) believe the same thing as STRYPER, but we're all human beings and we should all get along with one another, no matter what we believe'

"Whatever happens, this scenario would be epic. And certainly the most unique.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 6:13 pm

Turns out those 3 bands (Crue,Leppard, and Poison) are actually touring , along with Joan Jett & the Blackhearts. They'll be in Pittsburgh in August.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Here's the announcement along with your dates :

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/motley-crue-def-leppard-poison-tour-921975/
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Tuesday, July 7 – Miami, FL @ Hard Rock Stadium
Thursday, July 9 – Orlando, FL @ Camping World Stadium
Saturday, July 11 – Charlotte, NC @ Bank of America Stadium
Tuesday, July 14 – Arlington, TX @ Globe Life Field
Wednesday, July 15 – Houston, TX @ Minute Maid Park
Sunday, July 19 – San Francisco, CA @ Oracle Park
Thursday, July 23 – San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
Saturday, July 25 – Phoenix, AZ @ State Farm Stadium
Sunday, August 9 – Atlanta, GA @ SunTrust Park
Tuesday, August 11 – Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
Thursday, August 13 – Buffalo, NY @ New Era Field
Saturday, August 15 – Philadelphia, PA @ Citizens Bank Park
Sunday, August 16 – Pittsburgh, PA @ PNC Park
Tuesday, August 18 – Milwaukee, WI @ Miller Park
Thursday, August 20 – Detroit, MI @ Comerica Park
Saturday, August 22 – Washington, D.C. @ Nationals Park
Sunday, August 23 – Flushing, NY @ Citi Field

Tuesday, August 25 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park

Friday, August 28 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
Sunday, August 30 – Denver, CO @ Coors Field
Wednesday, September 2 – Seattle, WA @ T-Mobile Park
Saturday, September 5 – Los Angeles, CA @ SoFi Stadium
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Nikki says “they missed each other”.  Rolling Eyes

You don’t need to be in a band to visit or hang out! You just miss the money and attention.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 8:38 am

mikeinfla wrote:
3. The encore could be an epic mash-up of 'Shout At The Devil' and 'To Hell With The Devil'

4. More than ever in the history of music we need someone to make a bold statement that says "No matter how different we may seem, as human beings we're really all the same." This is MÖTLEY CRÜE's chance to unite a very divided world right now. For them to say 'Yeah, we may (or may not) believe the same thing as STRYPER, but we're all human beings and we should all get along with one another, no matter what we believe'

I like these 2 reasons.

I'm down with that mashup and if the sleaziest band in glam metal and the most pious can share a stage, then maybe there is hope for humanity. Though that's a lot of weight for 80s nostalgia acts to carry on their shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 am

So they are reuniting for a new studio album, or just a tour? Their last one was pretty good imo.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 9:31 am

Quote :
So they are reuniting for a new studio album, or just a tour? Their last one was pretty good imo.

There are some bands that are going to find a way to record new albums no matter what the market is. I don't think Motley is one of them. They would have done so for their "final" tour the last time around. Instead they recorded one song, "All Bad Things," which they played for the first slew of shows and then dropped it from the set and have never acknowledged its existence since.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement   Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley blows up their "cessation of touring" agreement
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next