Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions

Go down 
+3
nevermore
Lari
Required Fields
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Stanley Cup Final predictions?
Boston Bruins in four games
The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_lcap20%The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Boston Bruins in five games
The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_lcap0%The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Boston Bruins in six games
The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_lcap40%The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Boston Bruins in seven games
The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_lcap20%The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
St. Louis Blues in four games
 20% [ 1 ]
St. Louis Blues in five games
The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_lcap0%The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
St. Louis Blues in six games
 0% [ 0 ]
St. Louis Blues in seven games
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Empty
PostSubject: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 10:50 pm

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Boston Bruins (2nd in Atlantic Division), Eastern Conference vs. St. Louis Blues (3rd in Central Division, Western Conference)
The Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues are the 2019 Stanley Cup Finalists. While Boston was among the favorites to make the Stanley Cup Final towards the start of the season, St. Louis were actually in last place in the NHL in January. Most had written them off to even make the playoffs around this point of the season, let alone make the Stanley Cup Final for only the fourth time in franchise history (the Blues, who entered the NHL in 1967-68, have never won a Stanley Cup). The Bruins and Blues have met in the playoffs twice, in 1970 and 1972, with Boston winning in a sweep both times. The former was in the 1970 Stanley Cup Final, which was notable for Bobby Orr's iconic Stanley Cup clinching goal known to hockey fans as "The Goal".

Prediction: Boston in five games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 1:23 am

Clean sweep Blues. That makes the Penguins the worst performer in playoff history and the clear cut 16th place team this season, because they got swept by a team that got swept in the second round and that team that swept them got swept in the Conference Final, and finally that team then gets swept in the Cup final.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 12:07 pm

Regardless of how many games it takes I'm rooting for St. Louis.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 9:26 pm

nevermore wrote:
Regardless of how many games it takes I'm rooting for St. Louis.

Even though I don't really follow hockey and even if I didn't live in St. Louis I'd still be pulling for the Blues because I'm sick and tired of the Boston area winning everything.   I mean I get the "humor" in this billboard but I seriously think that's how New Englanders feel.  Hell I spent 3 years in Connecticut and I KNOW that's how they feel:

https://www.uptoboston.com/boston-billboard-bemoans-citys-title-drought/

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 10:27 am

It's funny, I can't stand the Red Sox and am sick of the Pats but I still mildly root for the Bruins. I won't be sad if the Blues win though.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 9:16 am

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 5:28 am

First two games have been close.

Nice to see former Hawk Nordstrom make an impact.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 9:41 am

Imo, Chicago didn't give him much of a chance.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 3:39 pm

Game Four was the best game so far. Action and intensity.

Series goes back to Boston tied 2-2.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 4:02 pm

A good game five with some high drama right there. Bozak trips Acciari, refs don't even blink, Blues score the GWG.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 pm

That play is all over the news here; even STL sportscasters think that was a penalty.  But hey, so was the "hand pass" the Sharks got away with against the Blues so deal with it Bruins fans.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Whole different series and this one may have tipped the favor toward the Blues.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 7:49 pm

The point is the Blues dealt with it and came back to win the series.  If it's the Bruins' time they will too.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 11:46 pm

Ah, gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2019 5:05 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/stlhensley/status/1136976557401096194
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 8:34 am

There's a local St. Louis guy who stands to win $100,000 if the Blues win.  Back in January when the Blues were in last place, this guy was in Las Vegas and placed a $400 bet on the Blues to win the Stanley Cub.  Odds were 250:1.  He's been offered $40K to buy off the bet but he refused.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 4:11 pm

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26935497/too-soon-ads-celebrating-blues-mistakenly-run

That's some bad karma right there.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 6:06 pm

Ouch!  Talk about jinxing it...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 10:51 am

Going to be tough for the Blues to win that game 7.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Going to be tough for the Blues to win that game 7.
\

I want them to (even though I predicted Boston would win at the start of the series, and have them in my pool), but I have a gut feeling they won't. I've been proven wrong at times, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 11:09 am

The NHL is talking about expanding video review so like every other sport, even more time dragging on while the refs cluster around the video. Making it boring.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 10:45 pm

Not a Blues fan but I’m so happy for the franchise, this team and the city of St. Louis. Congrats, St. Louis Blues!

Last edited by akeldama on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 pm

Fireworks going off around here.  Literally.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 10:48 pm

No team deserves it more. No city deserves it more. No franchise deserves it more.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 pm

There were 20,000 people at the Enterprise Center tonight to watch the game and more than 20,000 more at Busch Stadium to watch on the jumbotron despite the rain.  Plus another several thousand at Ballpark Village.  And all that money from tickets went to charity.  This place is going nuts and I'm not even in St. Louis "proper"; I'm about 40 miles away.

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stanley Cup Final predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next