Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 5:02 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Boston Bruins (2nd in Atlantic Division) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (2nd Eastern Conference wild card)
The Columbus Blue Jackets pulled off one of the biggest upsets in sports history (and the most shocking sweep in NHL history) as they swept the Presidents' Trophy winning Tampa Bay Lightning in four straight in the first round of the playoffs. The series win was the first time in franchise history the Blue Jackets have advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs. In the second round of the playoffs, they will face the Boston Bruins, who defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs in seven games in the first round. This marks the first time Columbus and Boston face each other in the playoffs. Boston won two of the three regular season meetings.

Prediction: Boston in seven games.

New York Islanders (2nd in Metropolitan Division) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (1st Eastern Conference wild card)
The Carolina Hurricanes, who qualified for the playoffs for the first time in 10 years (and thus for the only time in the 2010s) made their sole 2010s era playoff appearance more than memorable, as they shocked the defending Stanley Cup champions, the Washington Capitals, in the first round of the playoffs. They face the New York Islanders, who defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in the opening round. The Islanders won three of the four games during the regular season between the two teams. This marks the first meeting between the Hurricanes and Islanders in the playoffs.

Prediction: Carolina in seven games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

San Jose Sharks (2nd in Pacific Division) vs. Colorado Avalanche (2nd Western Conference wild card)
The Colorado Avalanche, who were the second wild card in the Western Conference, took only five games to extinguish the Calgary Flames in the opening round. In the second round, they will face the San Jose Sharks, who defeated the Vegas Golden Knights in seven. San Jose won every game during the regular season against Colorado. The two teams have met each other in the playoffs four times, with San Jose winning two and Colorado winning two. San Jose won the most recent meeting in 2010.

Prediction: San Jose in six games.

St. Louis Blues (3rd in Central Division) vs. Dallas Stars (1st Western Conference wild card)
The Dallas Stars managed to win their first playoff series in years when they surprised the Nashville Predators in the opening round. They face the St. Louis Blues, who defeated the Winnipeg Jets in six games in round one. Dallas won three of the four regular season meetings. The two teams last met in the playoffs in 2016, when Dallas defeated St. Louis in seven games in the opening round.

Prediction: St. Louis in six games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Blues will definitely beat the Stars. The Jets were already a bigger test for them. 5 games maybe. Could be a sweep.

Colorado's top line is incredible. MacKinnon is the best player on the ice here. Scary to think what he can do against the no-defense D of EK65 and Burns. I think the Avs will advance. Let's say 5 games.

The Hurricanes have the superior player material but the Islanders are the ultimate grinding team. Such a difficult series to predict. Lehner also looks to give the Isles the edge. Head says Hurricanes, but the Isles have a fighting chance. Carolina in 6.

I see the Jackets advancing too. They have the right mentality, the right mix of players and the better goalie. Definitely the most likeable of the remaining teams. Jackets in 5, Rask implodes. Halak starts the elimination game.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 7:23 pm

I thought this was pretty cool.

Late today we were offered "exclusive" tickets to the Blues game tonight.  I was wondering if we'd get any "special privileges" after the company bought the rights to the name of the Blues arena and apparently we do.  Too bad I don't follow hockey.

The thing I can't figure out is that that seems to indicate that the game isn't a sellout yet which I find surprising.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 7:48 pm

Not gonna predict. My main team is still in and they’ve done well this year. I’ve been so busy I only caught 1 or 2 games this season and it seems to work in their favor. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 10:09 pm

akeldama wrote:
Not gonna predict. My main team is still in and they’ve done well this year. I’ve been so busy I only caught 1 or 2 games this season and it seems to work in their favor. Hehe.

Funny how that works isn't it? I find that no matter what sport it is my team usually fares better if I don't watch.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 10:26 am

If the Avs had a second line that was more consistent they'd be scary.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 12:04 pm

Avs have this problem of coasting through the first period and it's showing against the Sharks. I think that's a coaching problem.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 8:45 am

Pretty amazing playoffs so far. Another game 7 OT last night (double OT!). Blues the better team and deserved to win.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 9:35 am

Tonight should be exciting, Avs better come out swinging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions
Page 1 of 1