Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HammerFall: dominion (new album)

Go down 
+7
ZombieHavoc
corplhicks
the sentinel
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 6:20 am

How much cheese do you guys want in your video?
Hammerfall: Yes!
Good song though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 10:42 am

Is it out in your part of the world? It will be out in Europe on August 16. I already asked my brother in Paris to pick it up for me. Can't wait to play some new Hammerfall.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Out tomorrow. If the songs are like Dominion I'll probably pick it up.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm listening to it on Spotify now. It's not bad at all, but like the rest of their albums since about 2008 or so, I don't imagine I will listen to it many more times after this.

With HF, you always know what you're gonna get. They just aren't as good at keeping their formula interesting, to me, like say, AC/DC, Motorhead or Amon Amarth.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 pm

I like it, seems to have more energy then the last couple.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Finished my first listen this afternoon on my way back home from work.

I like what i heard. But i need more listens before being able to make a final assessment.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 6:24 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I like what i heard. But i need more listens before being able to make a final assessment.

My assessment exactly.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 3:10 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

My assessment exactly.

One of my main issues with HammerFall is the lack of instantly memorable tracks, especially on their latest releases.

Although this was not the case up to Infected, their last three albums have been a bit hard to digest. I have truly enjoyed both (r)Evolution and Built to Last, but i still can barely remember a single riff once i have finished listening to the albums.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 4:20 am

Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

My assessment exactly.

One of my main issues with HammerFall is the lack of instantly memorable tracks, especially on their latest releases.

Although this was not the case up to Infected, their last three albums have been a bit hard to digest. I have truly enjoyed both (r)Evolution and Built to Last, but i still can barely remember a single riff once i have finished listening to the albums.

With me, it's half and half with the last two. Half of each were memorable and the other half I only remember when listening to them. Built To Last, Hector's Hymn, Tainted Metal, Hammer High New Breed, Evin Incarnate, Ex Inferis, Live Life Loud, and Twilight Princess are the ones that stood out the most for me. Infected is one of the least memorable ones for me, but enjoyable at the time of listening.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HammerFall: dominion (new album)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2