Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benedictum - DOMINION

Go down 
+11
brokentulsa
metalken
Wargod
DallasBlack
stpatrik
Eyesore
nevermore
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Benedictum - DOMINION Empty
PostSubject: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:11 pm

New BENEDICTUM is on the way...

Benedictum - DOMINION 293783

Didn't even know this band had a new one in the pipeline till Toho mentioned it a couple of days ago. (Didja get it yet, Toho? I assume you ordered an import copy?) U.S. release date is March 8th and will feature a cover of Rush's "Overture/The Temples of Syrinx." Coolness. I dig their previous 2 discs and still spin'em regularly so I'm looking forward to hearing more...

Gratuitous photo of frontwoman Veronica Freeman prominently displaying her, ahem, flotation devices follows. You're welcome.
Benedictum - DOMINION Benedictum+Veronica+Freeman+10

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Yeah, I got it. I got it through NEH records for 14.99. The only thing I've listened to so far is the Syrinx cover and it rocks.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:25 pm

I liked their first album. The 2nd left me kinda flat (unlike Veronica). I dunno if I'll venture out for this new one. I'm getting more nit-picky in my old age I guess.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I liked their first album. The 2nd left me kinda flat (unlike Veronica). I dunno if I'll venture out for this new one. I'm getting more nit-picky in my old age I guess.

That's the same opinion I had of the second one. I wasn't even going to get this one until I saw Syrinx was on it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:31 pm

I'll admit that the second disc is not as good as the first but I love the cover of Accept's "Balls to the Wall" ... hearing a woman sing that song just gives it a whole 'nother bizarro dimension. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:06 am

Used to have their first album. Traded it a long time ago. Wasn't impressed.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:35 pm

I liked the first album. The second album was decent. I want to hear the new stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 10:42 pm

She still looks like a man.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 am

Isn't she a guy?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:37 am

SpectreFate wrote:
She still looks like a man.
Yup.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 10:13 am

Benedictum - DOMINION Haters_2

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:56 am

She's got ugly hands.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:21 am

Thought the first one was great, second one really good, but I cant get into the new one. Not really sure why, sounds like the band is trying to hard with its "progressive" leanings and arrangements I suppose, instead of just cranking out catchy tunes, and soundwise its worse also, but that may be the promo mp3's at work; I miss the days when reviewers got CD's to put their ears onto.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Benedictum - DOMINION 83628
Listening to Benedictum's UNCREATION right now and thinking that I still need to get this one....

Gilbert wrote:
She's got ugly hands.

if you're looking at her hands in that pic, you've got some issues, son.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:00 pm

For what it's worth, the new album got a decent review over at Blabbermouth...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/showreview.aspx?reviewID=2181

I just can't work up any interest in hearing them though.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:47 am

I'm not usually a big fan of female fronted bands.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:15 pm

I need to check this band out. Unfortunatly, it looks like money will be tight for quite a while so I'm warry of spending money on too much besides bills and food. Hopefully business will pick up soon. Damn, I hate working on commission!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:43 pm

I personally think this is the worst one they have put out and I love female fronted metal. to me it lacks balls.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 am

This new one has been a grower on me and I really feel that this is their best release. It is sonically a lot different than the first two, and can see how on the first few listens this sounds as if it lacks balls; but at least to me, this material needed a different approach. The band has taken the time to write material that showcases their talent than the full on metal assault of their first two.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:25 pm

This band kicks ass! I love them and Dominion is fantastic. My favorite album by this band is UNCREATION.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:38 pm

So it looks like Benedictum are still going strong. Their new album Obey is out now. I checked-out a few albums back with these guys, but they probably still haves some fans here.

Benedictum - DOMINION Benedictum-obey

Track listing:

· Dream Of The Banshee
· Fractured
· Obey
· Fighting For My Life
· Scream
· Evil That We Do
· Crossing Over
· Cry
· Thornz
· Die To Love You
· Apex Nation
· Retrograde

LINE UP
Veronica Freeman: Lead Vocals
Pete Wells: Guitars
Rikard Stjernquist: Drums
Aric Avina: Bass Guitar

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Quote :
...of Jag Panzer fame. Cool.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Checked out samples on Amazon and there's something wrong with the mix if you ask me. Drums sound weird which is too bad. Hope they're not the final release.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So it looks like Benedictum are still going strong. Their new album Obey is out now. I checked-out a few albums back with these guys, but they probably still haves some fans here.

Benedictum - DOMINION Benedictum-obey

Track listing:

· Dream Of The Banshee
· Fractured
· Obey
· Fighting For My Life
· Scream
· Evil That We Do
· Crossing Over
· Cry
· Thornz
· Die To Love You
· Apex Nation
· Retrograde

LINE UP
Veronica Freeman: Lead Vocals
Pete Wells: Guitars
Aric Avina: Bass Guitar

One of my fav metal albums of 2013.. LOVE this band!!!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:59 am

I have Seasons Of Tragedy and Uncreation. Both are great. This one is on the want list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - DOMINION   Benedictum - DOMINION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benedictum - DOMINION
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next