Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HammerFall: dominion (new album)

Go down 
+7
ZombieHavoc
corplhicks
the sentinel
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Empty
PostSubject: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 10:51 am

The new HammerFall album titled Dominion will be released via Napalm Records on August 16, 2019.

New song out:

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 11:08 am

Not bad but I feel I've heard them do this song many times before.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 11:16 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

That was my feeling as well...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 8:33 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

I agree with you too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Not a bad tune. But, I, am always up for new HammerFall material.I first discovered them in 2007, thanks to Ult, and have only been disappointed once. Outside of 2 songs, I thought the "Infected" album sucked.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 11:39 pm

It wasn't their best but they tried something new, I can respect them for that.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 12:53 am

the sentinel wrote:
Not a bad tune. But, I, am always up for new HammerFall material.I first discovered them in 2007, thanks to Ult, and have only been disappointed once. Outside of 2 songs, I thought the "Infected" album sucked.

I have mixed feelings about this album. But patient zero is amazing headbanger.

That said, when i am in the mood for some HammerFall, i tend to pull out their debut and Renegade mostly.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 11:37 am

I'm sure I would pick this up eventually.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 12:03 pm

I listen to Legacy of Kings and Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken the most.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
It wasn't their best but they tried something new, I can respect them for that.

Oh, yeah, much respect. I usually bring this fact up when people slag on Nostradamus. I think every band has that feeling of wanting to do a concept album, but not everyone can seamlessly blend it like an Operation Mindcrime so that music and story compliment each other and not impede one another.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 7:25 pm

For me:
Crimson Thunder
Renegade
Chapter 5
No Sacrifice
Legacy

These (and Masterpieces) get the most spins in Sentinel's man cave.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 8:29 pm

I think I said it before in here, Nostradamus without the filler is an ok album and I don't mind that they tried something new. Glad they went back to just rocking though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 10:48 pm

007 wrote:

HammerFall are one of those bands whose releases have become an instant purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 11:11 pm

That verse comes three inches from ripping off Careless Whisper.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 8:42 am

i bought all their releases immediately up through Threshold. I still check out the albums on Spotify, but my enthusiasm for power metal has dipped significantly.

However, Hammerfall pretty much does it the best and, aside from Infected, they are in the lines of AC/DC, Motorhead and Amon Amarth where you pretty much know what you're going t get and if you like other stuff, you should like it all to some degree.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 9:33 am

Totally agree ZombieHavoc, and my enthusiasm for Euro power metal has also dipped.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 10:31 am

I really liked these guys early on (esp. Legacy of Kings and Crimson Thunder) but three or four albums in, they were basically selling the same bread in a different wrapper every year, so I tapped out. Cool that they're still out there fightin' the good fight 'n' all that, but I've already got all the HF albums I'm ever gonna need.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I really liked these guys early on (esp. Legacy of Kings and Crimson Thunder) but three or four albums in, they were basically selling the same bread in a different wrapper every year, so I tapped out. Cool that they're still out there fightin' the good fight 'n' all that, but I've already got all the HF albums I'm ever gonna need.  

That's how I feel too.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Apparently the song is a tribute to the Swedish Metal and rock scene, as can be seen by this spotify playlist they made based on the references in this song:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5CZqncOmmdpHBsd7uQlsOE?fbclid=IwAR0Hh7OE6JLkpmCYzt_udBXquFyrvs9m1KW8SNJ5mVSCy4iPf-YUS6m64cI&si=vqZcL2ubR0Ovvef-pdqYSg
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 9:23 pm

That's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

HammerFall are one of those bands whose releases have become an instant purchase for me.

Ditto! They are in my top 20 bands of all time and the last two albums have been great.

I got tickets for them and Sabaton (they come my way in October).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 5:40 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Totally agree ZombieHavoc, and my enthusiasm for Euro power metal has also dipped.

Actually, me too. I've become more infatuated with traditional metal these days.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 7:14 pm

That should be a great concert.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 8:01 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

Ditto! They are in my top 20 bands of all time and the last two albums have been great.

I got tickets for them and Sabaton (they come my way in October).

Sounds like a cool show.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2019 9:09 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Actually, me too. I've become more infatuated with traditional metal these days.

These days, the cover art to power metal albums are the most interesting thing to me most of the time. Not that some of it's not good, but it got real samey, real quick. Samey-ier than other sub-genres that are samey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HammerFall: dominion (new album)    HammerFall: dominion (new album)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HammerFall: dominion (new album)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next