Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Hammerfall video and album

Go down 
+8
sam
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
DallasBlack
kmorg
GrandNational
MetalRob331
Wargod
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

New Hammerfall video and album Empty
PostSubject: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 pm

I just watched this today actually. As long as Hammerfall keep this style they cant go wrong. Sing along choruses and chants. Awesome song.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 am

Boring video. Song OK.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:36 am

Sounds like Joacim once again is trying to sound a bit tougher, using his lower register more. I like that. I know i'll like the album too.
The video is lame though, and looks like all the other metal videos from Nuclear Blast the last 5 years.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:01 pm

kmorg wrote:
Sounds like Joacim once again is trying to sound a bit tougher, using his lower register more. I like that. I know i'll like the album too.
The video is lame though, and looks like all the other metal videos from Nuclear Blast the last 5 years.

Agree on all points. However, most metal vidos tend to be corny, chessy, or lame so nothing new there.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Awesome! Thanks. Good tune.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:49 pm

So...what sub-category does this fall into?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:33 am

Hammerfall are one of my favorite bands. Power metal at its finest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:01 am

the definition of power metal has changed quite a bit over the years.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:06 am

detuned wrote:
the definition of power metal has changed quite a bit over the years.

Well power metal to me is a more traditional style mixed with some cheese and those sing a long choruses. I actually cant wait to get this cd and especially want to hear the instrumental written by the new guitar player and the cover of My Sharona.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:18 am

Back in the day, power metal was used to describe bands like Savatage, Metal Church, Running Wild...bands that were really heavy but not quite thrash. Stuff that was mean and nasty and sounded like it wanted to rip your head off. At least that's the way my friends and I looked at it.

This kind of stuff, I just don't understand. I'm just too old I suppose. I hear no passion.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 am

detuned wrote:
Back in the day, power metal was used to describe bands like Savatage, Metal Church, Running Wild...bands that were really heavy but not quite thrash. Stuff that was mean and nasty and sounded like it wanted to rip your head off. At least that's the way my friends and I looked at it.

This kind of stuff, I just don't understand. I'm just too old I suppose. I hear no passion.

You are so correct, sir! And that to me is still the right definition of power metal as far as I am concerned. HammerFall play heavy metal. They carry on the legacy from such bands as Accept, Judas Priest, Saxon etc. It's Heavy Metal. No power metal in sight!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:36 am

Decent song ...I agree with Kmorg, sounds like Joacim is trying to "toughen up" his vocal style a little bit. If so, then it's about time they tried to inject something different into the mix... they've pretty much recorded the same album five or six times by now. (I personally feel that Joacim's solo album BEYOND THE GATES was better than the last couple of HF albums put together...)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:16 am

they keep on going rolling along with that metal machine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:07 pm

detuned wrote:

The sub-catagory is Euro-power metal but I guess power metal is just easier to say (it's a shame too becaue many people automatically reject this music because of the misnomer). In revernce to what power metal used to be, I use that term in my library to separate the two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Kmorg nails the definition though I understand some using european power metal or even melodic power metal. Good song, hope the album is as good.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:58 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
detuned wrote:

The sub-catagory is Euro-power metal but I guess power metal is just easier to say (it's a shame too becaue many people automatically reject this music because of the misnomer). In revernce to what power metal used to be, I use that term in my library to separate the two.

NO THIS IS NOT EURO-POWER METAL!!!! Man, I will never understand why people liken Hammerfall to Sonata Arctica, Freedom Call, Helloween, Edguy and all the other Euro-power metal bands out there. Would you call Dio, Accept, Judas Priest, Stormwitch or Pretty Maids Euro-power metal? ....... Didn't think so! Well, these are the bands Hammerfall are related to, and as such they should be labeled heavy metal..... easy as that!

Sorry if I seem cranky, but this has always annoyed the hell out of me! lol!

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy, heavy metal it is. very happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:02 pm

I have all my CDs & mp3's in a database, here are the only categories I use:

Rock
Metal
Jazz
Blues
Folk
Classical
Misc

I'm all about simplicity.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:03 pm

lol!

Glad to see you post again Nazg... eh, Black R.... eh, can I call you Numbskull?

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Why not, many do. I agree with your definition, I was trying to say I understand why the term european power metal is used.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:32 pm

kmorg wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
detuned wrote:

NO THIS IS NOT EURO-POWER METAL!!!! Man, I will never understand why people liken Hammerfall to Sonata Arctica, Freedom Call, Helloween, Edguy and all the other Euro-power metal bands out there. Would you call Dio, Accept, Judas Priest, Stormwitch or Pretty Maids Euro-power metal? ....... Didn't think so! Well, these are the bands Hammerfall are related to, and as such they should be labeled heavy metal..... easy as that!

Sorry if I seem cranky, but this has always annoyed the hell out of me! lol!

Believe me, I'm not trying to annoy you. Up until late '99 I never paid much attention to genres, as far as metal went it was death metal, hair bands, alternative, idustrial and just metal. I'm constantly learning the differences between this and that and mostly use my own ears to figure out which music fits a certain genre (with so many genres it's very hard and the only guide I had was what others would call something). I always thought Hammerfall fell into that catagory because thats all I ever heard them refered to as.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:38 pm

detuned wrote:

Rock
Metal
Jazz
Blues
Folk
Classical
Misc

I categorize things even simpler than that:

- Stuff that's good
- Stuff that sucks

Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

Rock
Metal
Jazz
Blues
Folk
Classical
Misc

I categorize things even simpler than that:

- Stuff that's good
- Stuff that sucks

Laughing

Why would you even deal with "stuff that sucks"? scratch Seems like a waste of time to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:45 pm

GrandNational wrote:

Why would you even deal with "stuff that sucks"? scratch Seems like a waste of time to me.

It's not how I categorize my CD collection, it's how I categorize music in general. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Hammerfall video and album   New Hammerfall video and album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Hammerfall video and album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next