Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"

Go down 
+8
manny
Dark Horseman
the sentinel
nevermore
Boris2008
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Empty
PostSubject: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 1:21 pm

The new track from the Wolf Hoffman and Friends Project - errr, I mean Accept -- hit YouTube today. Apparently it's available as a 7-inch single with a live track on the B-side.

...(shrugs) Meh, it's OK, I guess. Sounds like Accept.

Not sure if this means there's a new studio album in the works, or this is just a one-off to distract us from the addition of the lady violin player Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Good song. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Good song. Classic Accept. I hope we get a new album soon. It's about time!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Sounds like a throwaway AC/DC song
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Sure does!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Yeah it does...then again, "I'm A Rebel" was literally a throwaway AC/DC song too, and that one worked out rather well for them Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 10:16 pm

Pretty cool. I wish the single wasn't limited to only 300 copies; though I am pretty sure this will end up on the nest studio release, either as a bonus or regular track.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 11:48 pm

Tornillo doing his best Brian Johnson.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am

Not bad, but not great, its like one of those Accept tracks from forgotten Accept albums
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 8:37 am

It certainly has an AC/DC vibe to it; both in Tornillo sounding like Johnson and the music. The music reminds me of another song that I can't place. It's definitely out of character for them as it's upbeat and jokey. Accept, as we all know, is far more dark and serious.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 11:53 am

I think it just has a vibe that reminds one of many other songs but not really copying any.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 9:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think it just has a vibe that reminds one of many other songs but not really copying any.

Yeah, I would agree with that. Like a late '80's "summertime, party" vibe.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 12:48 pm

NO. That is not a good AC/DC template song. Too cute with lyrics that are more fitting for country music. Wolf is running out of ideas, guys.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 1:51 pm

corplhicks wrote:
NO. That is not a good AC/DC template song. Too cute with lyrics that are more fitting for country music. Wolf is running out of ideas, guys.

Four pretty kick-ass albums in a row and a fun one-off track that's a bit different and Wolf is running out of ideas? surprised
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 2:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Four pretty kick-ass albums in a row and a fun one-off track that's a bit different and Wolf is running out of ideas? surprised

Definitely different perspectives here; I was a little more elaborate over in the other current Accept thread. In short, I find the power of the Tornillo albums waning with each release (but what a hell of a start!) and lacking the essential attitude of their classic output. In fact, you may have summed it up very well--"fun." Dammit, I don't want no fun in my Accept! New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" 387733

As a guitarist, I can also say that Wolf's riffs started getting bland on Blind Rage, maybe a few tracks on Stalingrad. Can't blame him, he's put out so much consistently solid and memorable material throughout the decades so the well running dry is inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 3:37 pm

The Accept albums have steadily declined since Blood Of The Nations. The Rise Of Chaos was severely lacking in hooks and "Life's A Bitch" is a bore. They need to really take some time crafting some new songs for their next album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The Accept albums have steadily declined since Blood Of The Nations. The Rise Of Chaos was severely lacking in hooks and "Life's A Bitch" is a bore. They need to really take some time crafting some new songs for their next album.

I had forgotten about The Rise of Chaos. I didn't even get it, due to the fact that all of you guys on here said it was fairly underwhelming. I don't even know if I've ever listened to it? I don't know what to say about "Life's A Bitch?" It's more than boring.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 5:07 pm

I've bought all of the "new era" Accept studio albums thus far and I've liked'em all to at least some degree... Blood of the Nations is still my fave, Stalingrad was pretty good, and I liked Rise of Chaos, I thought it was an improvement over Blind Rage.

I'm not even sure I can name a track from Blind Rage off the top of my head, I guess it didn't leave much of an impression! Haha.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"   New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New ACCEPT track "Life's A Bitch"
Page 1 of 1