Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Metallica track by track breakdown.

Go down 
+4
manny
TheGooch
the sentinel
Troublezone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Metallica track by track breakdown. Empty
PostSubject: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:58 pm

I would have put this in the Official DM thread but it is a review i found so it belongs here i guess.

http://www.thequietus.com/articles/metallica-death-magnetic-reveiwed-track-by-track
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:36 pm

Good review, thanks for the link. I am even more excited about getting this album than before.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:02 pm

thats sounds good. i like what i have heard so far
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:53 pm

What I have heard I have liked and thanks for the link to the review.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:53 pm

I get a bit annoyed, when people say Hetfield cannot write lyrics

I am sorry, but songs like the Unforgiven, Master of Puppets, One, Leper Messiah, etc. all have great lyrics.

He certainly has some weird comparisons - He compared "Cyanide" to Motorhead? way off
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:41 am

i dont hear motorhead

i always thought james hetfields lyrics were really really good most of the time
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 pm

the three new tracks featured on metallica.com are very good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:07 am

Okay, as much as I hate to admit it this album is pretty good. The main problem is that it's so long it starts to wear out it's welcome.

Ever since CDs came out albums started getting too friggin' long, somewhere between 45-50 minutes is the perfect range (LP range). Once you start getting to 70+ minute albums I start to fade out and want to hear something different.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:57 pm

i found that with st.anger. i think everyone found that with sent anger

the album was meant to have 11 songs but could only fit ten on the disc i beleive
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:54 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i dont hear motorhead

i always thought james hetfields lyrics were really really good most of the time

I thought his lyrics were great until half of the Black album and on.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:49 am

detuned wrote:
Ever since CDs came out albums started getting too friggin' long, somewhere between 45-50 minutes is the perfect range (LP range). Once you start getting to 70+ minute albums I start to fade out and want to hear something different.

I agree with this completely. Most band's don't have enough solid material to release what amounts to a double LP set with every single release. It would be like Pink Floyd releasing an album equivalent to "The Wall" with each and every release. 45 - 50 minutes is plenty long enough for an album.

As for the Metallica review, thanks for posting it. I'll be picking this up.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:56 am

oh man my copy does not come until tomorrow morning when it is on sale early in the uk shops.ahhh
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Can I trust a reviewer that claims to have liked St. Anger "on its own merit?" Eek! Having said that, the pre-release stuff I've heard has been interesting enough to check this out.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:57 pm

on its own merit being when you dont compare it to the metallica back catalogue
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
detuned wrote:

I agree with this completely. Most band's don't have enough solid material to release what amounts to a double LP set with every single release. It would be like Pink Floyd releasing an album equivalent to "The Wall" with each and every release. 45 - 50 minutes is plenty long enough for an album.

As for the Metallica review, thanks for posting it. I'll be picking this up.

The Wall seems to be an exception to the rule though.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:36 am

The Wall always creeped me out big time. its weird
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Metallica track by track breakdown.   New Metallica track by track breakdown. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Metallica track by track breakdown.
Page 1 of 1