Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread

Go down 
+5
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
thejokeriv
KissinMaiden
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:07 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Guess what I have it! My parent bought me that one! Tommorow when I wouldn't be so tired I will tell you what I got too...!

Congrats. Like you didn't think you were going to get it, your like the biggest KISS fan here(I mean you even have a full stand up of Paul Stanley in your basement), you probably even rival Ult. in KISS fandom.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 11:59 am

spiritoradio wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
Guess what I have it! My parent bought me that one! Tommorow when I wouldn't be so tired I will tell you what I got too...!

Congrats. Like you didn't think you were going to get it, your like the biggest KISS fan here(I mean you even have a full stand up of Paul Stanley in your basement), you probably even rival Ult. in KISS fandom.

Yeah but Ult have a bigger collection...!

I received the 1978 Ace Frehley's solo album! It's the German version (with the double ZZ) really cool. I'm listening to it right now It's really a great album! I also received Paul Stanley - Live To Win...!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:19 pm

I also received the Paul Stanley Distortion Pedal. Sound good but could have been better. I can make my guitar sounding like when he was playing live on the Midnight Special.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 11:56 pm

Sounds like you had a very merry Kissmas. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 12:09 am

Just got mine for Christmas today! My wife loves Kiss too, so she got it for me (also got me the Priest boxed set!) and watched a bunch with me tonight...

I'm stoked about the Detroit '96 show -- cause I was there!

I know I'm new around here -- but ask Ult about me... I'm a close rival as a Kiss fan, too! I actually used to play Ace in a Kiss tribute back in the 90's...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:35 am

I have a copy now as well. Hope to watch some of it tonight.

Hey 777Stryken777, thanks for posting. Good to see you around these parts.

I can vouch for 777Stryken777. He's a big KISS fan and a fellow Twisted Sister fanatic! 🤘

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 11:56 am

It ain't difficult to beat me! I never saw KISS live and I start being a fan 3 years ago! lol!
Back to top Go down
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 2:51 pm

Quote :
It ain't difficult to beat me! I never saw KISS live and I start being a fan 3 years ago!

Don't worry, man! We all started somewhere! I actually got into Kiss around '91, (I was 11 at the time) so I love the Revenge era, and Kissology III has some excellent footage! I remember being a teenager and being bummed out, thinking I'd never get to see Kiss in makeup! Fortunately, I was 16 during the reunion, so I got to have a lot of great Kiss experiences as a teen, even though I'm not a "first generation" fan Smile

Ult -- thanks for telling me about this board...seems more in line with what I like than some of the others...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:58 pm

I'm listening to the show In Tiger rightnow. (The one of the farewell tour on KISSology Vol.3) OMG...At the beggening there's a lot of mistakes! But there's just 3 songs left...I saw almost every fotoages on this one but it's still cool the listen to them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:08 am

AceFrehley655 wrote:
I'm listening to the show In Tiger rightnow. (The one of the farewell tour on KISSology Vol.3) OMG...At the beggening there's a lot of mistakes! But there's just 3 songs left...I saw almost every fotoages on this one but it's still cool the listen to them.

There's a ton of mistakes in the Tiger Stadium show. I actually like it. It's a piece of Kiss history in that it was the first show of the reunion tour. As the band continued on they became tighter as a unit. Ace made the most mistakes.

I know they shot that show professionally. There is some footage of the show on the "Second Coming" DVD. Wonder why none of it was used. Seems they only used the video footage that was shown on the screens behind the band.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:
[/size]Disc V: (Madison Square Garden, July 27, 1996)
VH1 Classic Records/Universal Music Group VH-00?-DV (USA, 2007)
01. Deuce
02. King Of The Night Time World
02. Do You Love Me?
03. Calling Dr. Love
04. Cold Gin
05. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
06. Shout It Out Loud
07. Watchin' You
09. Firehouse
10. Shock Me
11. Strutter
12. Rock Bottom
13. God Of Thunder
14. New York Groove
15. Love Gun
16. 100,000 Years
17. Black Diamond
18. Detroit Rock City
19. Beth
20. Rock And Roll All Nite
Bonus disc will include a 1 hour, 42 minute edit of this show, so not all songs will be featured...

No idea where this one is being sold.

Holy cow. I think that Madison Square Garden '96 show was the one I was at! I'm not 100% sure of the date I was there, as they did a four night stand at MSG in '96. I'll have to dig up my ticket stub from the show to know for sure, if it is indeed the same show, I will have to pick that one up!

Holy guacamole... I gotta get me to a Wal-Mart and pick up this version of the DVD. Not only is this M.S.G. show indeed the one I was at back in 96, but my Mom just e-mailed me a little while ago and sez one of my brother's friends called him last night and said he saw my brother and I in the crowd on the DVD!!!
WOWZERS!!
That guy better not have been yankin' my brother's chain cuz if I buy this DVD and I'm not in it I'm gonna be SUPER pissed

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
but my Mom just e-mailed me a little while ago and sez one of my brother's friends called him last night and said he saw my brother and I in the crowd on the DVD!!!
WOWZERS!!

Can I have your autograph? Smile

That is pretty cool. You have to tell us where on the DVD to see you if you find it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:56 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
but my Mom just e-mailed me a little while ago and sez one of my brother's friends called him last night and said he saw my brother and I in the crowd on the DVD!!!
WOWZERS!!

Can I have your autograph? Smile

That is pretty cool. You have to tell us where on the DVD to see you if you find it.

Will do.
Although if memory serves, I drank quite a few beers on the Staten Island Ferry on my way to the show so if I see myself on this DVD all sloppy and slurring "Wooooooo hoooooooo! F**kin KIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS!" into the camera, I'll just keep that info to myself. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:50 am

Update: I got an e-mail out of the blue from my old friend Dave (whom I haven't spoken to in about ten years), who must've heard thru the grapevine that I was feverishly trying to find out which KISS video I was seen in. Turns out my bro got some bad info (or was just confused) cuz it is not the KISSology Volume 3 video. Apparently my brother and I can be seen in two clips in this "unofficial" documentary about KISS fandom. Anybody heard of it or seen it? I haven't.

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 51GmycIhMDL._AA240_

http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Loves-You/dp/B000VWQUE2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1199453126&sr=8-1

From what I've been able to gather, this film was shot in and around a lot of KISS tribute band shows and unofficial KISS Expos during the 90s...I attended many of both in and around Jersey back then, so I guess that's how I ended up in this movie. I do remember guys with camera equipment walking around at least one of the KISS Expos interviewing attendees back then (though I don't remember talking to any of them), so who knows, maybe I'm featured making some sort of Bold Statement about KISS. I'll have to get hold of a copy and find out for myself.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:19 am

I haven't seen this DVD.

Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:25 am

Me either, and I have a lot of Kiss documentaries (watching the old X-Treme closeup -- and the cheesy "forever" video -- as I type this!)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:44 am

I found a two-minute clip from "KISS Loves You" on YouTube... this looks like a fun flick! This segment was shot at one of the annual New Jersey KISS Expos at the Rothman Center in Hackensack (I believe they've moved to a new location now, I haven't been to one since '97). I'm not 100 percent sure what year this was but I do remember meeting Jerry Only from the Misfits (who you'll see in this clip) there, so I was definitely there...it was maybe '94 or '95. Jerry and Doyle had a booth at the convention that year to promote the fact that they were starting to get the Misfits reunion off the ground. I still have the Crimson Ghost guitar pick Jerry gave me that day!

I remember that Bill Baker guy and his Ace Frehley tribute band "Fractured Mirror" (whom you will also see here) too... they were pretty lame-o, but they played at the Expo every year and their song "Put It Back On" had some pretty funny lyrics. "No one has tattoos of Bruce Kulick!" hahaha!!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Sorry to keep hijacking this topic and turning it into the "KISS Loves You" Movie thread but I just found this review of the DVD on the Net... wow, sounds interesting as hell! Even if I wasn't in it, I would want to see it after reading this!!

KISS Loves You is an extremely low-budget documentary about obsessive KISS fans. And, if you’re still reading after that opening sentence, you might actually enjoy it. Director Jim Heneghan apparently filmed this stuff over a ten-year period, finally completing it in 2004. This is not the best-looking documentary you’ll ever see, and in fact is a bit of an eyesore visually, with mushy, strident footage that looks worse than your average camcorder home movies. It’s interesting, but I’m not sure it will appeal to non-fans on anything other than a 'look-at-those-weirdos' level.

The doc looks at several factions of KISS fandom, including the earliest unauthorized KISS conventions, tribute bands, and the hard-core fans that wear the whiteface and manufacture their own costumes. Many of these people are extreme enough to make even a Star Trek nerd feel good about themselves by comparison. The film follows several subjects over a number of years, including Bill Baker, a musician and friend of Ace Frehley, who at one time had a large collection of Ace memorabilia, much of which Frehley had given him personally. Also featured are the Ventrices, a family from Brooklyn that regularly attend KISS cons in make-up, including their small son Anthony, who is featured on the cover of the DVD. At one point the father makes up a plaque for the boy to give to Paul Stanley that reads “You are my idol / I’m only 4 years old and I love KISS / I love you.” There are also comments from various musicians, including Dee Snyder (Twisted Sister), Dick Manitoba (The Dictators), and Todd Youth (Murphy’s Law). The 1996/97 Reunion Tour, in which the original members reunited and put their make-up back on for a highly successful concert tour, is seen as a turning point in more ways than one, as most of the fans had been dissatisfied with the group sans the kabuki greasepaint.

Apparently the title is supposed to be ironic, since the main theme of the film seems to be “KISS Doesn’t Give A Sh*t About You.” Baker is ultimately stiffed by Ace, who breaks off all communication once the Reunion tour begins, leading him to reject all things KISS, sell off his Ace memorabilia (buying a house with the proceeds) and embracing Elvis. In grainy footage, Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley are seen raiding a KISS convention to reclaim costumes they say were stolen from their warehouse, with Simmons obnoxiously addressing the crowd. (KISS later put an end to unauthorized conventions, and began staging their own shows at $100 per ticket.) Finally, much is made of the filmmakers’ discovery that the plaque given to Paul Stanley by the little boy from the Ventrice family was left behind at the con, discarded like so much trash. (Fact is, there could be numerous reasons the plaque was left behind, and people like Stanley rarely cart around their own belongings.) When the dad is later informed of this, he is crestfallen.

Somewhat less heavy-handed and more interesting is the tension between the various KISS tribute bands, more specifically Bill Sabetta, creator and “Gene Simmons” of the pioneering band Strutter, and Scott McClusky (“Ace Frehley”), who left Strutter because of disagreements over money and formed his own band Hotter Than Hell. Hearing the various bands perform is the only time we get any actual KISS music in the film, given the high cost of licensing popular music; I guess sampling cover bands is somehow exempt, because we hear a fair amount of KISS tribute music, some of it not too bad.

The DVD presentation is as good as can be expected given the dire nature of the actual video. The main “extra” is about eighty minutes of additional footage, including expanded interviews with Snyder and Manitoba, the complete Reunion Tour press conference, and longer cuts of several sequences which do appear in the main feature. Also included is some surprisingly sharp Super-8 footage (silent) of the actual KISS appearing in Stockholm in 1976, and something called “The Beyond Vaudeville KISS Spectacular Program,” a bizarre NYC public access show, the less said about which the better.

At a fairly brisk 75 minutes, KISS Loves You doesn’t outstay its welcome, and provides a well-informed peek at the mania inspired by this most visual of rock and roll bands. Those who have never embraced KISS may find it all much ado about nothing, but it’s an interesting document of the lengths some people will go to to celebrate something they love.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:03 am

Welp, I ordered a copy of the "KISS Loves You" DVD from Amazon over the weekend. When I get it and watch it, I'll post my thoughts (in their OWN thread) so I'll quit hijacking this one.

Y'all can go back to the KISSology Vol. 3 discussions now!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:12 am

Kissology III discussion continued...

Finally got to watch another disc in the collection this weekend. Watched the entire Psycho Circus show, which was incredible. Got to the "Detroit Rock City" movie premier and the DVD kept freezing! GRRRR! Had to take a run to Best Buy and make a swap. The DVD was defective.

After finally getting through the DRC premier you can really hear how the original four were jelling as a band. They sounded incredibly tight, as opposed to the opening night of the reunion tour at Tiger Stadium.

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:13 pm

Hey My DVDs too are freezing sometimes...Are we alone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:19 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:

I think you must have those French-Canadian bootlegs. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:20 pm

spectrefate wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:

I think you must have those French-Canadian bootlegs. Smile

Not really LOL It's really KISSologyVOl.3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread   KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISSology Vol.3 Official Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3