Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Empty
PostSubject: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 2:58 pm

Now that we were talking about CONTAGIOUS, maybe its nice to talk about two other great white metal lps from the 80s that i love very much:HOLY RIGHT:STAND AS ONE from 1986 and MALACHIA:RED SUNRISE from 1987. Any fans of this to lp´s????
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:10 pm

White metal is more or less Christian metal, right?

I remember Trouble marketed themselves as "white metal", because they disliked the term "Christian metal" and felt it was too limiting (I don't think I'd call Trouble Christian, however; nor does the band consider themselves Christian). However, someone on another forum joked that it makes it sound like they are "white power" bands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 5:40 pm

Yes, i am talking about CHRISTIAN METAL bands. Yes, sometimes on forums that dont know about christian music when somebody talkes about WHITE METAL, they think its white power but on this forum their are so many Christian metal fans that its not necesary to explain.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 6:13 pm

I can see why someone might want to call it "White Metal", as just about every "Christian" group likely has at least one non-Christian in its fanbase. I know atheists who love Stryper, and I know many very religious people who love Slayer and Morbid Angel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:14 pm

YES!!!

I am familiar with both! I don't believe either one of them has been issued to CD yet though. Very good albums. The production on each was subpar, but if you could look past this - they were great musicians. Same with Stryken (I just got their reissued "First Strike" by the way).

Holy Right is really really good. They went on to form other bands such as Titanic and Final Axe. Not to mention Seventh Power with Robert Sweet!

Malachia was good too. I had "Red Sunrise" on cassette back in the day. They had a real progressive edge - even utilizing organ and lots of keys, which is not real commonplace in 1987. Probably why they never really broke through.

Both great mentions though!

🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:42 am

blackieboy wrote:
YES!!!

I am familiar with both! I don't believe either one of them has been issued to CD yet though. Very good albums. The production on each was subpar, but if you could look past this - they were great musicians. Same with Stryken (I just got their reissued "First Strike" by the way).

Holy Right is really really good. They went on to form other bands such as Titanic and Final Axe. Not to mention Seventh Power with Robert Sweet!

Malachia was good too. I had "Red Sunrise" on cassette back in the day. They had a real progressive edge - even utilizing organ and lots of keys, which is not real commonplace in 1987. Probably why they never really broke through.

Both great mentions though!

🤘

Ohh, i didnt know that some members of HOLY RIGHT later formed TITANIC and FINAL AXE, two bands i like very much too.
Thanks for the info brother.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:25 am

I have the Malachia CD, but I've never heard Holy Right. Their album is VERY hard to get, and not available on CD, as far as I know.

Trouble didnæt call themselves anything. It was their record label who made up the term white metal, as opposed to Venom's Black Metal. Trouble where never a Christian band, and never meant to be. They were just a band that sang about other topics than the regular metal band at the time.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:30 am

I've heard rumor of a CD reissue of Holy Right.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 11:12 am

ultmetal wrote:

It was only a matter of time. I'll snag it though!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 11:35 am

kmorg wrote:
I have the Malachia CD, but I've never heard Holy Right. Their album is VERY hard to get, and not available on CD, as far as I know.

Trouble didnæt call themselves anything. It was their record label who made up the term white metal, as opposed to Venom's Black Metal. Trouble where never a Christian band, and never meant to be. They were just a band that sang about other topics than the regular metal band at the time.

I stand corrected, although I do recall hearing they disliked being labeled a "Christian" band by some sources.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:

greedy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.   HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOLY RIGHT and MALACHIA:WHITE METAL FROM THE 80S.
Page 1 of 1