Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Echoes of Eternity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 9:49 am

So this was a nice surprise. Because of the way the Internet works these days, with algorithms and all that, I tend to miss a lot of music news. One thing I learned is, if you go to download sites like NewAlbumReleases.net, it's a good way to see what albums have been released and you've missed or what's coming out in the future.

That's how I just learned that not only has Echoes of Eternity released a new album, but...they've been back together for at least two years. I had no idea. Thought they had long ago broken up.

Great news for me because they kick some serious ass! They released two albums before calling it a day, at least temporarily. Can't wait to get this new one, though it appears to be a digital-only release at the moment. =(

Anyway, they're a pretty excellent band. Female vocalist, kind of a unique songwriting style, catchy tunes, boobs. Check them out.

From The Forgotten Goddess:

From As Shadows Burn:

From Ageless (new tune):

headbanger

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 1:29 am

Nice. First time hearing these guys!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 4:21 am

So right off the bat, the vocals are rather mellow for my preferences. That said not only is the music great, but that last track really nails the contrast. Those first few are pretty good, but I could listen to a whole album of that Smoke and Mirrors song repeatedly. Something about the mix marrying the music and vocals comes off as...unsettling. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 am

They're quite excellent. Hope they put the new one out on CD at some point.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Quote :
kind of a unique songwriting style, catchy tunes, boobs

Laughing very hard They should use that description in their next press release.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 6:20 pm

I actually think I have something by this band but without cheating and running downstairs to The Vault I have no idea what it is.

There was a time when I ate up this female-fronted (double-entendre intended) style of music but now not so much.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 6:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I actually think I have something by this band but without cheating and running downstairs to The Vault I have no idea what it is.

There was a time when I ate up this female-fronted (double-entendre intended) style of music but now not so much.

I love female-fronted metal with all my heart, but only if the girl has grit. Arch Enemy, Unleash the Archers, Chastain, Doro = fantastic. Nightwish, Epica, and the like--at least from all that I've heard, I admit I might be missing out on some tracks--have those clean operatic vocals that don't appeal to me. I need attitude, even if it's a sharp bite in their upper register.

But I do like how aggressive the music is here. It's a cool pairing, kind of like that one Nightwish song Scaretale, but even more so.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 pm

That's where our musical tastes differ.  Or differed actually.

I use to LOVE the operatic female-fronted stuff.  Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, After Forever, etc...at one time I was all over that stuff.

Now...meh.  I guess I just burned out on it because I literally bought almost everything even remotely close to that style.   Like Naio Ssaion.  How many people do you know that have even HEARD of that band much less own anything by them.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 7:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That's where our musical tastes differ.  Or differed actually.

I use to LOVE the operatic female-fronted stuff.  Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, After Forever, etc...at one time I was all over that stuff.

Now...meh.  I guess I just burned out on it because I literally bought almost everything even remotely close to that style.   Like Naio Ssaion.  How many people do you know that have even HEARD of that band much less own anything by them.

I went through a journey of that stuff and it was neat for a hot minute. It wasn't long before I noticed how much the songwriting became rather recycled and disposable with each successive album. Maybe it's all to easy to get trapped in the symphonic metal subgenre and run out of ideas. It doesn't help that the available vocal dynamics are rather slim compared to someone who can switch it up between clean, powerful, gritty, and searing. All cleans and no grit makes Jack a dull boy lol.

So I don't hijack this thread (I'd like to keep on eye on this band), I'm gonna bump a post for ya, Toho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Echoes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Echoes of Eternity   Echoes of Eternity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Echoes of Eternity
Page 1 of 1