Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity

Go down 
+13
Jedilink
exact33
stepcousin
nevermore
iamrockerfun
Olafsto
Thrasher73
novellahub
scottmitchell74
kmorg
GrandNational
DallasBlack
candlemass
17 posters
AuthorMessage

Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Empty
PostSubject: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 12:06 am

I still don't have Rob Rock's new album yet, but I was cranking "Eyes of Eternity" today. What a great album this one is! It still sounds just as fresh to my ears as when it came out more than 4 years ago now.

Anyone else like this one? What are your favorite songs?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 12:18 am

Indeed, my fav!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:35 am

Great album (Rob Rock never fails). My favorite songs are Rock The Earth, Stranglehold, Eyes Of Eternity, Rage Of Creation, Fields Of Fire, and The Hour Of Dawn. The new one combines the heaviness of Holy Hell with the melody of Eyes which makes it almost as good as this one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:58 am

All four albums are great.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:01 am

According to my webiste, I like all of 'em!

The new one is great too!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:26 am

To me if you expand out to all his recordings.....I have to say Rob Rock has the highest % of good -to-great songs of any vocalist I've EVER heard. What I have of him:

Warrior

Impellitteri

Solo

Axel Rudi Pell

Avantasia

This does not include the stuff of his I haven't heard. BUT, what I've heard? Rob Rock has about a 95%+ success rate. Perhaps the best (most consistent) vocalist ever in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:54 am

Also check out Rob Rock in:

Angelica - S/T release
Project Driver (http://www.guitar9.com/guitarmusic9/projectdriver.html)
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 7:56 am

Rob's releases are always top notch IMO.Havent got Garden of Chaos yet,but I love him on everything he's done
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 2:45 pm

My fave Rob Rock album!!
Love all songs, but Eyes of Eternity, Conqueror`s Hymn and The Hour of Dawn are top favourites.
Need to buy his new one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 2:47 pm

got all of RR albums included new. it's great as preavious.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:17 pm

This is a great album. I only have this one and Holy Hell. I need to get the new one.

As far as my favorite songs off this they are Eyes Of Eternity, Rage Of Creation,and The Hour Of Dawn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 4:27 pm

I agree with what someone said - there is not a bad song on this disc!

My faves:

1. The Hour of Dawn (an epic masterpiece)
2. Eyes of Eternity
3. Rage of Creation
4. Rock the Earth
5. Conquerer's Hymn
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 6:11 pm

What can you say about Rob that hasnt been said already? Everything he touches is metal gold and Eyes Of Eternity rules. So does Garden Of Chaos.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 6:28 pm

I think rob is a model for steady, consistent quality output. the only thing i would say is sometimes his albums tend to all mesh together at times..

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 12:53 pm

I really want to get "Garden of Chaos". It's high on my list.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:35 am

Garden Of Chaos is friggin insane awesome in my opinion. I know it'll be one of my top faves of the year. Top 5 certainly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:18 pm

I probably wont' get it until 08. I just bought my last 07 album last week. The new Pagan's Mind. My album of the year too.

🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:45 am

I've resurrected this thread for no reason other than to post this video I found of Rob Rock singing Rush's Tom Sawyer. I'm not sure who he is performing with here but Rob does an awesome job with this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaPWkzmkukg
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 am

Eyes is my least favorite, i like the debut and the last two best.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I've resurrected this thread for no reason other than to post this video I found of Rob Rock singing Rush's Tom Sawyer. I'm not sure who he is performing with here but Rob does an awesome job with this song.

Damn, that was good. Whatever band he was with there is really tight (I think is says VICE on the backdrop).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:39 pm

No surprise that Rob owns it.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:36 pm

I like this album a lot, but its probably my least favorite RR album. The songwriting was terrific, but the guitars were fuzzy on this release. They didn't have the sharp sound that all his other albums have. Had the guitars been clean, this would have been just a killer album. Its still really good, but it could have been great IMO.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:39 pm

Eyes o eternity is his most melodic album. Very European oriented. Rob Rock has plenty of great albums out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity   Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Rock - Eyes of Eternity
Page 1 of 1