Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remember Into Eternity?

Go down 
+5
Eyesore
candlemass
Gilbert
akeldama
John Madden
9 posters
AuthorMessage
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

Remember Into Eternity?  Empty
PostSubject: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 9:12 am

I'm starting to wonder if they can get their shit together and finally make another album. Lets see if new vocalist Amanda "The Wench" Kiernan can do an admirable job of replacing Stu Block ,now of Iced Earth. Their first four albums are extremely underrated and rarely mentioned by the community.
While awesome, I.E. have only released two singles, the last in 2012.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 9:18 am

BOOM! Honestly I have never given them a listening to. Where do I start, Mr. Madden?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 9:24 am

What a coincidence. I was listening to their album "buried in oblivion" earlier today.  Excellent material. Highly recommended.

Need to check out more of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 am

Think this is the only lp I had by them, saw them open up for somebody like a decade ago or so...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

It's coming, and she'll do fine. She's a kick-ass vocalist.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 8:42 am

akeldama wrote:
BOOM! Honestly I have never given them a listening to. Where do I start, Mr. Madden?
My favorite is "The scattering of Ashes" and the self-titled debut, but you can't go wrong with the first four.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Scattering of Ashes is the only one I have from these guys. Dunno if I'd ever invest in anything else from them as my tastes have changed since I first heard them, but it's still a decent listen when I'm in the right mood.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 12:33 am

https://www.metalsucks.net/2021/07/20/stu-block-returns-to-into-eternity-after-quitting-iced-earth/
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2021 2:08 pm

Gilbert wrote:
https://www.metalsucks.net/2021/07/20/stu-block-returns-to-into-eternity-after-quitting-iced-earth/

But this is just for one show right?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 12:06 am

nevermore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

But this is just for one show right?

He said that they will be recording new music together.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 2:08 pm

Into Eternity must be flattered to be his second choice.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Into Eternity must be flattered to be his second choice.

It's not like they've been doing lots since he left.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 5:17 pm

The Sirens, the album with Amanda, is really fucking good. Shame people didn't embrace it like the old ones, but I guess it's not surprising given how many metal fans shit on female-fronted metal bands while they simultaneously praise bands that have dude's who sing like chicks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2021 10:48 pm

I have the Sirens album and found it quite enjoyable. Luckily, while Stu is returning, she's not going anywhere. Two great vocalists in a great band.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember Into Eternity?    Remember Into Eternity?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember Into Eternity?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: