Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)

Go down 
+7
nevermore
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Gilbert
corplhicks
glassprison
11 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Empty
PostSubject: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 7:07 pm

F&J's self-titled album from 2016 was a real return to form following a ton of mediocre albums that they put out in the 1990s and early 2000s, most of which strayed quite far from the sound of their best known 80s albums.

I just listened to the new one today and would say they are completely back on track now. This is a great thrash album! Every song is full steam ahead, with little to no filler. Fantastic production too! Definitely check it out if you're into this style.

Last edited by glassprison on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Huzzah! Although I've really enjoyed their run of albums, even Cuatro. They've always had this melodic heaviness that remains no matter how much they experiment. This song is no exception! headbanger

Also, Eric's longevity as a quality frontman has to be the result of some pact with satan.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Quote :
They've always had this melodic heaviness that remains no matter how much they experiment.

That's true, on some of the post-Cuatro albums I even sensed a kind of Layne Staley timbre in his voice.

I'd really like to see them on their tour for this album. The closest Chicago area show has something like five opening bands and is quite a ways from me though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 10:39 pm

I loved their last one. Looking forward to the new album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 6:30 am

I was listening to some samples of it earlier and it smokes. They’re sounding as good as they did since No Place for Disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 11:02 am

Flotsam has been on a roll since The Cold album (although Ugly Noise was a slight detour...)
They have been one of my favorite bands since they released the Cuatro album. Can’t wait to get the new one! Eric A.K. is one of the best. His voice is still great!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am

I need to order this. Like today.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 1:00 pm

007 wrote:

Me too!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 12:27 am

007 wrote:

I have around 16 cds ordered online, that i haven't received yet. I will have to wait a bit before ordering this one. I also plan on ordering the latest Dust Bolt at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 6:38 am

This band is a hit and miss. The Cold might be their all time best album for me, but the following Ugly Noise was disappointingly mediocre.

I didn't have much hope for this new album and that single they released wasn't too exciting.

Well, now I'm listening through the album on Youtube and at least the first four or five songs have been REALLY good! Based on those songs alone I have to go and get this album on my shelf.

What a surprise! Really good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 10:10 am

Rami Airola wrote:
This band is a hit and miss. The Cold might be their all time best album for me, but the following Ugly Noise was disappointingly mediocre.

I didn't have much hope for this new album and that single they released wasn't too exciting.

Well, now I'm listening through the album on Youtube and at least the first four or five songs have been REALLY good! Based on those songs alone I have to go and get this album on my shelf.

What a surprise! Really good stuff!

What about the s/t album they released after Ugly Noise a few years ago? That one was just as good as The Cold imo. Great drumming by Jason Bittner (currently in Overkill) and punchy audible bass like the old days!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 10:42 am

The new stuff is smokin'!!

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Received this in the mail earlier this afternoon. Will spin it over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 2:46 pm

I can't wait to give it a listen to. I ordered it but it hasn't arrived.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 11:39 pm

I haven’t heard this type of chatter - for a cutting edge release - since Judas Priest ‘Firepower’
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 5:01 pm

I'm spinning it now. She's a beauty.

LOL @ that cover art tho!

EDIT: The drumming here is a total assault and I had to look it up--turn out it's none other than Ken Mary (ex-Fifth Angel, Impellitteri, House of Lords, Chastain, Alice Cooper etc etc). Never knew he joined the band. Fits right in like a glove. I guess the original drummer, Kelly David-Smith, took off after the No Place for Disgrace redux.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 6:47 pm

I am loving it. Cover art is cool too. Generic 80's as hell but i dig it headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Man all these great new releases right when I need every dime I have for my move this coming weekend. Gonna need to work some major OT to catch up once we get moved. The new Flotsam is right at the top along with Candlemass.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 pm

corplhicks wrote:

EDIT: The drumming here is a total assault and I had to look it up--turn out it's none other than Ken Mary (ex-Fifth Angel, Impellitteri, House of Lords, Chastain, Alice Cooper etc etc). Never knew he joined the band. Fits right in like a glove. I guess the original drummer, Kelly David-Smith, took off after the No Place for Disgrace redux.

No, actually they had Jason Bittner play on their 2016 self-titled album. Ken is Jason’s replacement.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

No, actually they had Jason Bittner play on their 2016 self-titled album. Ken is Jason’s replacement.

Oh shit, I either missed the s/t or forgot about it! I thought the last thing they did was that re-recording.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)   Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam and Jetsam--The End of Chaos (2019)
Page 1 of 1