Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The BEST Anthrax

Go down 
+24
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
Rami Airola
Boris2008
Troublezone
candlemass
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
Leatherface
Dark Horseman
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
James B.
Thrasher73
the sentinel
Witchfinder
nevermore
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Lari
Wrecked Neck
Glower
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Best Anthrax CD
1984 Fistful of Metal
The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
1985 Spreading the Disease
The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_lcap47%The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 18 ]
1987 Among the Living
The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 9 ]
1988 State of Euphoria
The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
1990 Persistence of Time
The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 9:27 am

Glower wrote:
Great heads up, Thrasher. Just listened to a few songs off of Forbiiden Evil.  I'm sold !
Yeah, this is me too, right now.

I'm gonna order both Forbidden Evil and Twisted into Form.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Lari wrote:
Glower wrote:
Great heads up, Thrasher. Just listened to a few songs off of Forbiiden Evil.  I'm sold !

Both Great albums! I always go back and forth on which one is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 3:09 pm

Definitely Among The Living, though Spreading The Disease isn't to far behind.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 3:14 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Lari wrote:
Glower wrote:

Both Great albums! I always go back and forth on which one is my favorite.
I have seen that video for Step by Step a couple of times in the 90's, and it's cool, but never really looked deeper.

So many bands.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 3:43 pm

Lari wrote:
Glower wrote:

Omega Wave from 2010 is good too.

I also like their 3rd album, Distortion...though it's not the same kinda straightforward thrash as the first too.

I haven't heard Green in a while and remember not being too into it...but my tastes have changed a lot over the last decade, so I should revisit it.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 3:02 am

"Spreading the Disease" is my favourite album of all time by any band , and , to me , the disc that defines "Power/Thrash" Metal . I like all the others listed , but Among has a weak production , they wanted that raw sound that ended sounding basically lifeless . I like its songs on live versons much better .

Persistence of Time a highly underrated gem of Melodic Thrash / Speed Metal . I love this album and it has aged well .

The return of Belladonna to the band was really a breath of freash air , because I basically don´t care about the John Bush era they started sounding more like Helmet or other garbage like this and distanced themselves as much as they could from their true origins .

Last edited by anthrax_fan on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 3:17 am

Talking about Belladonna as a singer , he is a FANTASTIC singer , problem is that , as he stated on an interview (after he quit the band) Scott Ian limited EVERYTHING he could do with his voice . Just check out the live recordings of Metal Thrashing Mad : up til 1986 he sang it on a really high pitch , then he started to cut the highs to fit the more "street" sound of Among the Living .

The conclusion : Belladonna is an excellent singer , but he canot display all of his potential on Anthrax .
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 8:17 am

Among The Living - arrived yesterday. Listened to it this morning. Wow.
My 3rd Anthrax CD - within my various metal fireworks. Glad I saw them live !
Great price. Fun to read the lyrics as the songs play ! Solid release.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 9:34 am

I think both "Worship Music" and "For All Kings" are great albums and a return to form comparing to the Bush era garbage .
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 1:12 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:
Talking about Belladonna as a singer , he is a FANTASTIC singer , problem is that , as he stated on an interview (after he quit the band) Scott Ian limited EVERYTHING he could do with his voice . Just check out the live recordings of Metal Thrashing Mad : up til 1986 he sang it on a really high pitch , then he started to cut the highs to fit the more "street" sound of Among the Living .

The conclusion : Belladonna is an excellent singer , but he canot display all of his potential on Anthrax .

Hey man, thanks; that's a serious plot twist for me and makes a lot of sense. I did not know that. Cool

Perhaps the next question could be what song would best represent Belladonna's true voice?
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 2:58 pm

corplhicks wrote:
anthrax_fan wrote:

Hey man, thanks; that's a serious plot twist for me and makes a lot of sense. I did not know that.   Cool

Perhaps the next question could be what song would best represent Belladonna's true voice?

A.I.R. , Medusa , Stand or Fall ...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2019 9:24 pm

All are great but Among The Living is one of my top 5 thrash albums of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 2:14 pm

Bought Fistful of Metal. Singer is different. He screams ! Band is tight !
I say this is my favorite ! The Cooper cover is just okay. Weak link in it.
Recorded in 83 - released in 84. Man, I’m old school - till the living end !

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 3:52 pm

STD, ATL, Euphoria and Persistence are my go to Anthrax albums.

Sorry to say... although I like the last two albums, they don’t have the same magic. I slightly prefer “For All Kings”. Worship Music is way overrated and hyped by people like Eddie Trunk.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 3:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Sorry to say... although I like the last two albums, they don’t have the same magic. I slightly prefer “For All Kings”. Worship Music is way overrated and hyped by people like Eddie Trunk.

I can agree with this as I too like both albums (also, For All Kings more) but they don't come close to touching the classic albums. Part of it I think is that Joey doesn't hit the higher notes anymore (maybe he can't, the dude is 60 after all) and sticks to a low-mid range.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 7:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I can agree with this as I too like both albums (also, For All Kings more) but they don't come close to touching the classic albums. Part of it I think is that Joey doesn't hit the higher notes anymore (maybe he can't, the dude is 60 after all) and sticks to a low-mid range.

Yeah, I think they are much less adventurous and flashy with their skills. Comes with age I guess...

When bands are still young and hungry, the sky is the limit!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 4:41 am

A very interesting birthday wish...from Joey....to someone.
Especially for all you dusty Metal-heads over a half a century old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Anthrax   The BEST Anthrax - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The BEST Anthrax
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3